A War Report Discredited

Sounds like some of those fabricated articles that appears in the NYT from time to time to sway elections.

A War Report Discredited
By Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe
January 13, 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/13/a_war_report_discredited/

Jeff Jacoby is a neocon hack. His putrid scrawling is printed in the Globe to give it a semblance of unbiasness.

I live in Boston. There are two major papers, the Boston Globe (www.boston.com) and the Boston Herald (www.bostonherald.com). All the smaller local papers pretty much come from one or the other except for the Boston Phoenix and Dig magazine.

The Globe is the liberal leaning paper and the Herald is the right leaning paper.
Jeff Jacoby's articles are like listening to Rush Limbaugh, take it with a grain of salt. He is biased, his research is biased, his writing is always ultra-conservative and vicious.

You could say the same about me, but consider the source you are posting and dig just a little deeper.

Jeff Jacoby is a neocon hack. His putrid scrawling is printed in the Globe to give it a semblance of unbiasness.

I live in Boston. There are two major papers, the Boston Globe (www.boston.com) and the Boston Herald (www.bostonherald.com). All the smaller local papers pretty much come from one or the other except for the Boston Phoenix and Dig magazine.

The Globe is the liberal leaning paper and the Herald is the right leaning paper.
Jeff Jacoby's articles are like listening to Rush Limbaugh, take it with a grain of salt. He is biased, his research is biased, his writing is always ultra-conservative and vicious.

You could say the same about me, but consider the source you are posting and dig just a little deeper.

From the London Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3177653.ece?Submitted=true

Instead of attacking Jeff Jacoby, tell us anything in his article that should be taken with a "grain of salt". What is distorted or not factual?

Are you saying that the liberal writers on the Globe staff are not biased, that their reasearch is not biased and that their writings are not always ultra-liberal and vicious? Do tell me more! :eusa_whistle:

Instead of attacking Jeff Jacoby, tell us anything in his article that should be taken with a "grain of salt". What is distorted or not factual?

Are you saying that the liberal writers on the Globe staff are not biased, that their reasearch is not biased and that their writings are not always ultra-liberal and vicious? Do tell me more! :eusa_whistle:

What is hilarious is the fact Mr Jacoby DID NOT do the study or research all he did is report it. The argument that because he reported it it is biased is simply a red herring.

Sounds like some of those fabricated articles that appears in the NYT from time to time to sway elections.

LOL - it isn't hard finding bias - Adam mentions the NYT, why? The NYT was actually fooled by the Bush propaganda machine. They got mud on their face for their reporting of WMD.

But I love 'the excuse by number comparison theory' used so often today. "The number wasn't 500,000 it was only 200,000."

Jeez, doesn't that make one feel all bright and sunny and happy.

What is hilarious is the fact Mr Jacoby DID NOT do the study or research all he did is report it. The argument that because he reported it it is biased is simply a red herring.

Absolutely. I have probably read every column Jacoby has written and never once have I read anything that could be described as "vicious" if one wants to be truthful with the use of that descriptive word. Just because Jacoby lays bare the liberals' talking points he is vicious! Oh, yeah.

LOL - it isn't hard finding bias - Adam mentions the NYT, why?

I have a sneaking suspicion that you know exactly why I mentioned the NYT in connection with that particular article.

The NYT was actually fooled by the Bush propaganda machine. They got mud on their face for their reporting of WMD.

The NYT was fooled by the Bush "propaganda" machine???? That would be the day!!!! If they were fooled by anyone, it was the fact that a majority of the world's intel services had the same data re WMD leading up to the war. But how many times does that fact have to be pointed out to you anti-Bushites?

A War Report Discredited
By Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe
January 13, 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/13/a_war_report_discredited/

But because it served the interests of those eager to discredit the war as a moral catastrophe, common-sense standards were ignored. "In our view, the Hopkins study stands until someone knocks it down," editorialized the Baltimore Sun.

Now someone has, devastatingly. But will the debunking be trumpeted as loudly and clearly as the original report? Don't hold your breath.

LMAO. I was going to ask AA how long he thought it would be before this thread ended up buried as quickly as possible THEN read the last two paragraphs.:cool:

Forum List

Back