a vote for Saddam? anyone hear this?

Insulting someone is a far cry from causing physical violence or death.

Originally posted by OCA
Everything that I dislike? No. This particular thing? Yes

There used to be a time in this country when one didn't even think of uttering something like that and then if he did he knew he could expect a punch in the nose, in those days they didn't refer to it as physical assault but rather taking care of matters like men. But now......what with the level of character in this country sometimes you're liable to get sued for a punch in the nose. Sad.

Words never justify violence. You need to up the ante with a better, more ill insult for his mother. It's more fun, you increase your vocabulary, and there's no dental bill.

I think you mistake me for being absolutely rock solid like Jesus. I'm human and my first instinct would be to dot this guys eye, maybe afterwards I would be a little remorseful although there have been a few times in my life where i'm glad the person was pummelled and felt really good afterwards.

God knows that we are human and if you whipped up on somebody and then asked forgiveness i'm 100% sure he forgives you.

I don't want the impression to be that i'm a fighter because i'm more than likely going to walk away from small altercations but this deal would be something where if he said it in front of me well I wouldn't feel patriotic if I didn't drill him real hard. Men know instinctively whats worth fighting over and whats not, its like an unspoken code of ethics.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Words never justify violence. You need to up the ante with a better, more ill insult for his mother. It's more fun, you increase your vocabulary, and there's no dental bill.

I'm not as fast with my tongue as I am to give him a poke although I wish I was. lol

Originally posted by wonderwench
Yelling fire in a crowded theatre is not protected speech in that there is a high likelihood of such speech causing imminent harm.

Insulting someone doesn't cause imminent harm. Nor does criticizing a political figure cause imminent harm.

He just said that he'd vote for somebody who's responsible for American deaths rather than his own president! How is that not over the line?

Originally posted by OCA
He just said that he'd vote for somebody who's responsible for American deaths rather than his own president! How is that not over the line?

Read the first Amendment and then think about it.

Originally posted by OCA
I think you mistake me for being absolutely rock solid like Jesus. I'm human and my first instinct would be to dot this guys eye, maybe afterwards I would be a little remorseful although there have been a few times in my life where i'm glad the person was pummelled and felt really good afterwards.

God knows that we are human and if you whipped up on somebody and then asked forgiveness i'm 100% sure he forgives you.

I don't want the impression to be that i'm a fighter because i'm more than likely going to walk away from small altercations but this deal would be something where if he said it in front of me well I wouldn't feel patriotic if I didn't drill him real hard. Men know instinctively whats worth fighting over and whats not, its like an unspoken code of ethics.

I'm sure words with a lot of physical closeness could ge me to strike, but I think only if i felt threatened. i don't know. We never really know till we're in the moment.

With free speech one will always come across the true morons of this world. I don't feel its needed to punch this half wit out with double fists - think of the stupidity he suffers already?

I think of the person he apparently knew killed 9/11 and the great injustice he has done this person - whatever fashion he knew this person. What an insult to their memory. He will have to live with what he said for the rest of his life - when he comes to and realizes just how stupid he is.

A comment like that is made out of fury and an unthinking mind and to me, living in a world so ugly is punishment enough for this true looser of life.

Saddam's a pretty popular guy. He was re-elected by 100% of the vote. :p:

While declaring for whom you wish to vote is protected free speech, calling someone's mom a $2 whore is slander - as far as I remember from my legal training, is not only NOT free speech, it's illegal (unless it is actually true).

All i cna say is the guy is an idiot. I hope his dead friend haunts him in his sleep and i hope his live friends punch his lights out. You can't censor idiot's you can only beat them up. If I was standing next to that guy and he said that shit, I'd hit 'em for sure. It's not so much treason as it is incensitive, and just plain rude. He deserves to get hit becaue he's an idiot who should ahve kept his mouth clossed instead of opening it.

"better to be though of as a fool and keep your mouth clossed, than open your mouth and prove it."

I don't know who said that. but it sure is relevant!!!

I favor the Miss Manners solution - coldly polite shunning.

That drives most people nuts - and they have nothing they can do about it.

Forum List

Back