A Vote For Obamney Is a Wasted Vote, Gary Johnson Only One Who Stands for Liberty

GeoLaureate8

Nobody
May 22, 2011
Sin City
Voting for Romney and Obama is a complete waste. If you don't vote for Gary Johnson, you are automatically a de facto fascist.

1. Obamney will win regardless. You vote has a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of altering an election, even in a swing state. Even if your one vote helps a candidate win a swing state and thus an election, it still doesn't matter because Obama and Romney are essentially the same and don't tell me otherwise.

2. Voting for Gary Johnson, win or lose, shows the establishment and the ignorant masses that there people who support freedom. It sends a powerful message and paves the way for stronger 3rd party support in the future. People who vote Obamney not only have essentially zero impact, they are also giving their signature of approval of fascism.

3. Obama and Romney are not the same you say? False.

- They both support wars.
- They both support giving taxpayer money to Al Queda terrorists in Syria.
- They both support drone strike terrorism overseas and spy drones domestically.
- They both refuse to abolish the IRS and income tax.
- They both support the Drug War.
- They both support the Patriot Act.
- They both support foreign aid.
- They are both funded by Goldman Sachs.
- They both support destroying American soveriegnty and are backed by the globalists.
- They both support NDAA legislation allowing the President to indefinitely detain and assassinate Americans without charge or fair trial.
- They both support destruction of the dollar through mass inflation, spending, and bailouts.
- They both support the genital groping, radiation TSA thugs.
- They both support going to war with Iran.
- They both support a Federal healthcare system. (Yes, Romney said he would replace Obamacare with his own health care plan)
- They both support turning the Internet into Chinese style Internet fascism with the Cybersecurity Act.

No one here can justify a vote for Obamney.

I wouldn't vote for Gary Johnson if his name was the only one on the ballot.

So youre saying you love war, dead children in the middle east, spy drones, uncharged citizens being indefinitely detained, destruction of the dollar, and the sellout of America to the globalists? I don't get it.

Gary Johnson is the only name on the ballot I can vote for.
Since voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

He's the only conservative that's ever really done anything significant conservative-wise, and he's the only one you wouldn't vote for.

Makes total sense :thup:

Voting for Romney and Obama is a complete waste. If you don't vote for Gary Johnson, you are automatically a de facto fascist.

1. Obamney will win regardless. You vote has a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of altering an election, even in a swing state. Even if your one vote helps a candidate win a swing state and thus an election, it still doesn't matter because Obama and Romney are essentially the same and don't tell me otherwise.

2. Voting for Gary Johnson, win or lose, shows the establishment and the ignorant masses that there people who support freedom. It sends a powerful message and paves the way for stronger 3rd party support in the future. People who vote Obamney not only have essentially zero impact, they are also giving their signature of approval of fascism.

- They both support drone strike terrorism overseas and spy drones domestically.
- They both support destroying American soveriegnty and are backed by the globalists.
- They both support NDAA legislation allowing the President to indefinitely detain and assassinate Americans without charge or fair trial.
- They both support destruction of the dollar through mass inflation, spending, and bailouts.
- They both support a Federal healthcare system. (Yes, Romney said he would replace Obamacare with his own health care plan)
- They both support turning the Internet into Chinese style Internet fascism with the Cybersecurity Act.

Not a big fan of the bolded portion. How can you hope to have a discussion with people after saying that?

So youre saying you love war, dead children in the middle east, spy drones, uncharged citizens being indefinitely detained, destruction of the dollar, and the sellout of America to the globalists? I don't get it.

Nice loaded statement.

How about you (L)ibertarians try to get a grassroot movement going, win some local elections, maybe even control some states before you serve up a presidential candidate whos only purpose is to make it easier for democrats to further increase the power of the state?

I swear most of you are democratic plants.

Gary Johnson is the only name on the ballot I can vote for.
Since voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

Actually, Johnson is the lesser of 3 evils. He just is way less, but still evil.

Gary Johnson, evil? Is that some kind of joke. I've gotta hear your explanation for this.

It is a bit of a joke, but then again...not. I assume you agree with absolutely everything Johnson stands for and that you think politicians can and will be good, and that government can be a good thing under the right circumstances.

Me, I think that government is a necessary evil and all politicians are evil, some are just more evil than others. Voting for politicians is ALWAYS a struggle to find the lesser of the evils offered. Your opinion is that obama and Romney are no different, that's fine, I disagree.

I'm a Libertarian and I have voted for libertarians almost all the time. I just choose not to let obama win without a fight.

How about you (L)ibertarians try to get a grassroot movement going, win some local elections, maybe even control some states .

Got a lot of that accomplished this year, actually.

Nice loaded statement.

How about you (L)ibertarians try to get a grassroot movement going, win some local elections, maybe even control some states before you serve up a presidential candidate whos only purpose is to make it easier for democrats to further increase the power of the state?

More people pay attention during Presidential elections. The point is to get the word out, and running a Presidential candidate is a high profile way of doing that.

Nice loaded statement.

I have been saying this for a decade or more. If the LP can get more people elected into local elections, the general public will see the value in the LP's ideas and ideals. That is the way for the party to grow, not some impotent stab at the top spot that only makes us a joke to the rest of the population.

in other words im going to tell you all if you dont agree with me you are stupid ignorant people. thank you democrat waiting to happen.

How about you (L)ibertarians try to get a grassroot movement going, win some local elections, maybe even control some states .

Got a lot of that accomplished this year, actually.

Can you show me how many local elective posts your people hold? Even down to the county level?

Not a big fan of the bolded portion. How can you hope to have a discussion with people after saying that?

You may be in fact right, that isn't the most effective approach.

However, there's 4 choices in this years election: Vote for Obama (Fascist), Romney (Fascist), Gary Johnson (Liberty), not voting (complying with and allowing Fascism to thrive).

Do the math.

However, there's 4 choices in this years election: Vote for Obama (Fascist), Romney (Fascist), Gary Johnson (Liberty), not voting (complying with and allowing Fascism to thrive).

Do the math.

You really have no idea what a facist really is, dont you?

Obama is a statist, not a facist. Romney is less of a statist, and hopefully a federalist.

Gary Johnson, on the other hand is a fucking pipe dream.

Do the math.

If not voting is "complying with and allowing fascism to thrive," then so is voting for Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson is not going to win, and he's not even going to get 1% of the vote.

Herbert Spencer put it like this.

Perhaps it will be said that this consent is not a specific, but a general one, and that the citizen is understood to have assented to everything his representative may do, when he voted for him. But suppose he did not vote for him, and on the contrary did all in his power to get elected someone holding opposite views. What then?

The reply will probably be that, by taking part in such an election, he tacitly agreed to abide by the decision of the majority. And how if he did not vote at all? Why then he cannot justly complain of any tax, seeing that he made no protest against its imposition.

So, curiously enough, it seems that he gave his consent in whatever way he acted — whether he said yes, whether he said no, or whether he remained neuter! A rather awkward doctrine this.

The Right to Ignore the State - Herbert Spencer - Mises Daily

So using your logic, and following Spencer's example, we can say that no matter if we vote for Romney, if we vote for Obama, if we vote for Johnson, or if we don't vote at all we have essentially supported fascism in one way or another. This is nonsense.

Forum List

Back