A Vote for Obama

It is quitely ironic that voting in U.S. elections even involves any considerations for Israel...given the crisis facing America it is nothing short of remarkable that the subject of Israel even rates discussion...and yet Jews mock the idea that they wield a wildly disproportionate influence in American politics. For the record: the smokescreen of left/right dualism has never been more irrelevant in U.S. elections...Obama was elected on a sweeping public mandate for "hope and change'---he failed to deliver either of these things...policy-formation emanates from the boardrooms of Goldman/Sachs....ExxonMobil...the health-insurance industry..etc. Values politics is a convenient smokescreen.

BTW: It is instructive to recall Obama's so-called "anti-Israel" stance: upon his inauguration he dutifully affirmed "Israel's right to kill civilians" in Operation Cast-Bleed...400 Arab children were murdered by the cowardly IDF, and Obama's only concern was "Israel's right to self-defense'....please recall that this is the same man who lectured Americans about 'serious sould-searching" in the Trayvon Martin incident....moral hypocrisy par-excellence

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Obama has achieved the impossible. The pro Israel side does not much like him because of his views on Israel. And the pro Palestinian terrorist side does not much like him because of his views on Israel. And yet, he will most likely be re-elected.

Bump, this piece is too good to let the usual detritus bury it. Sound reasons?

===

While OT item below reminds of the daily experience of USMB, and I love thought experiments.

"At our last meeting we discuss Nietzsche's idea of eternal recurrence. "If Nietzsche is right, we'll be having this exact same discussion again and again and again," I say. Like me they are not convinced by the thesis, but fascinated by the thought experiment Nietzsche lays out in The Gay Science:

'Imagine a divine messenger who reveals to you that this life, as you now live it and as you lived it in the past, you will have to live again and another infinite times; and there will be nothing new, but every pain and every pleasure, every thought and every sigh, and every unspeakable smallness and greatness of your life will come back, in the same sequence and order.'

What would you do—"gnaw your teeth and curse him," or say "you are a god, I've never heard anything more divine!""?

Spinoza in Shtreimels: An Underground Seminar > Jewish Review of Books

It is quitely ironic that voting in U.S. elections even involves any considerations for Israel...given the crisis facing America it is nothing short of remarkable that the subject of Israel even rates discussion...and yet Jews mock the idea that they wield a wildly disproportionate influence in American politics.

I totally agree...even for Jewish Americans you'd think they'd be thinking about the US first and foremost.

It does make you wonder what policies either party might have on the ME issue if Jewish influence on IS politics was any lesser.

When was the last time we heard American South Indians voting in the US based on the parties' policies on Kashmir?

Obama has achieved the impossible. The pro Israel side does not much like him because of his views on Israel. And the pro Palestinian terrorist side does not much like him because of his views on Israel. And yet, he will most likely be re-elected.

Every Politician in America walks the tightrope of American Interests vs. Israel's...its amazing how a tiny minority control our Body Politic using people like Adelson's hundread million contribution for Israel that can make or break a Presidentcy...

Last edited:
Every Politician in America walks the tightrope of American Interests vs. Israel's...its amazing how a tiny minority control our Body Politic using people like Adelson's hundread million contribution for Israel that can make or break a Presidency...
Funny drivel.

"When I enter the voting booth, I’m going to ask myself, what do I prefer for Israel and its relationship with the United States: meaningful action or empty rhetoric? To me the answer is clear: I’ll take another four years of Mr. Obama’s steadfast support over Mr. Romney’s sweet nothings." Haim Saban

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/opinion/the-truth-about-obama-and-israel.html
A vote for O'Bama is one more brick in the wall of Sharia. Look at his history and prove me wrong.

"When I enter the voting booth, I’m going to ask myself, what do I prefer for Israel and its relationship with the United States: meaningful action or empty rhetoric? To me the answer is clear: I’ll take another four years of Mr. Obama’s steadfast support over Mr. Romney’s sweet nothings." Haim Saban

A vote for O'Bama is one more brick in the wall of Sharia. Look at his history and prove me wrong.

Well, let's see...Egypt, Tunisia and Libya have moved away from Islamic extremism since he has been in power, and South Sudan has achieved independence as a Christian nation.

So you're wrong.

Egypt, Tunisia and Libya have not moved away from islamicism----nor have any of the other muslim dominated countries Several of them got closer

It surprises me with ALL HIS FIRST HAND knowlege that Saigon claims that the UMMAH is moving AWAY from islamicism tell the truth saigon----have you ever met a muslim?. Any time in the past 5 or 10 years?

Well, let's see...Egypt, Tunisia and Libya have moved away from Islamic extremism since he has been in power, and South Sudan has achieved independence as a Christian nation.

So you're wrong.

Well, let's see...Egypt, Tunisia and Libya have moved away from Islamic extremism since he has been in power

Moved away from Islamic extremism? Is that your view from bizarro world?

It is quitely ironic that voting in U.S. elections even involves any considerations for Israel...given the crisis facing America it is nothing short of remarkable that the subject of Israel even rates discussion...and yet Jews mock the idea that they wield a wildly disproportionate influence in American politics. For the record: the smokescreen of left/right dualism has never been more irrelevant in U.S. elections...Obama was elected on a sweeping public mandate for "hope and change'---he failed to deliver either of these things...policy-formation emanates from the boardrooms of Goldman/Sachs....ExxonMobil...the health-insurance industry..etc. Values politics is a convenient smokescreen.

BTW: It is instructive to recall Obama's so-called "anti-Israel" stance: upon his inauguration he dutifully affirmed "Israel's right to kill civilians" in Operation Cast-Bleed...400 Arab children were murdered by the cowardly IDF, and Obama's only concern was "Israel's right to self-defense'....please recall that this is the same man who lectured Americans about 'serious sould-searching" in the Trayvon Martin incident....moral hypocrisy par-excellence

Sooooo, you'll be voting for Romney?

Bump, this piece is too good to let the usual detritus bury it. Sound reasons?

===

While OT item below reminds of the daily experience of USMB, and I love thought experiments.

"At our last meeting we discuss Nietzsche's idea of eternal recurrence. "If Nietzsche is right, we'll be having this exact same discussion again and again and again,"

Groundhog Day or as Yogi would say, "It's deja vu all over again!"

It is quitely ironic that voting in U.S. elections even involves any considerations for Israel...given the crisis facing America it is nothing short of remarkable that the subject of Israel even rates discussion...and yet Jews mock the idea that they wield a wildly disproportionate influence in American politics.

I totally agree...even for Jewish Americans you'd think they'd be thinking about the US first and foremost.

It does make you wonder what policies either party might have on the ME issue if Jewish influence on IS politics was any lesser.

When was the last time we heard American South Indians voting in the US based on the parties' policies on Kashmir?

What makes you think that Jewish Americans do not think about the US first and foremost? You seem to slip into the Stormfront Camp from time to time.
And "if Jewish influence on IS politics was any lesser." Really? Any lesser? Woo.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Every Politician in America walks the tightrope of American Interests vs. Israel's...its amazing how a tiny minority control our Body Politic using people like Adelson's hundread million contribution for Israel that can make or break a Presidentcy...

There is no evidence that "a tiny minority control our Body Politic," Princess, but there is good reason that our politicians pay attention to the majority of Americans who want the US to support Israel. Nazi types are alternately confused and angered by that support.

There is no evidence that "a tiny minority control our Body Politic," Princess, but there is good reason that our politicians pay attention to the majority of Americans who want the US to support Israel. Nazi types are alternately confused and angered by that support.
Your shameless and brain dead invocation of Godwin's law notwithstanding, what's your source for that opinion?

So you're wrong.

Could you explain how those countries have moved away from Islamic extremism?
Do you imply they had Islamic extremist regimes prior to the recent revolutions?

^The Sniffer knows:

AOL Search

Jewish Americans have set up an impressive array of organisations to influence American foreign policy, of which AIPAC is the most powerful and best known. In 1997, Fortune magazine asked members of Congress and their staffs to list the most powerful lobbies in Washington. AIPAC was ranked second behind the American Association of Retired People, but ahead of the AFL-CIO and the National Rifle Association. A National Journal study in March 2005 reached a similar conclusion, placing AIPAC in second place (tied with AARP) in the Washington ‘muscle rankings’.

Forum List

Back