A vote for Obama is a vote for $8 gas

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Obama has said it several times (and so has his energy secretary, Steven Chu) that he wants European level gas prices ($8 per gallon). He has a bunch of kooky reasons for it; but he has made no secret about his agenda. That's why he's a hypocrite when he pretends that gas is out of his control and that there's "no silver bullet" to getting gas prices down.

I was filling up my tank; well not filling it up. But putting some gas in it and I was like this is f'ing BS even at $4 per gallon.

People need to realize that gas prices are going to suck through the next 4 years with Obama in charge. Vote for Obama if you want high gas prices and a slow economy.

[youtube]5M1WlV7vafk[/youtube]

How do you expect the economy to grow unless we pay more for things we already buy?

Perhaps you should rethink that statement.

I have. Most Americans can only afford to buy what they need.
So how does the economy grow? Charge them more for what they already buy.

It worked for a while for houses didn't it?

I am not saying it is the correct way to go but it is how we are going.

How do you expect the economy to grow unless we pay more for things we already buy?

Uh__ First off high gas prices just means that you are paying more for the products and services. When that happens consumption goes down, not up.

And oil companies are making record profits while the common man gets screwed. But let's see; as long as those oil companies are donating to Obama's campaign then I guess he's good.

Uh__ First off high gas prices just means that you are paying more for the products and services. When that happens consumption goes down, not up.

And oil companies are making record profits while the common man gets screwed. But let's see; as long as those oil companies are donating to Obama's campaign then I guess he's good.

so a vote for Newt is a vote for $2.50 gas?

LMAO, this thread is just fearmongering.

Do you want Obama to nationalize the oil industry?

It is Obamas fault but you don't explain why the oil companies just keep raising the prices. Is it because they can and there is nothing the guvmint can do about it? Don't you like capitalism? Isn't this just the "free market" at work?

Just what is it you think can be done? Set up new drilling rigs in your back yard. OK.
Now explain why the oil companies will sell it cheaper just because it was drilled in your back yard.

And if you think Obama wants these high gas prices, why? What does Obama gain?

This thread is simply facing up to reality.

And I wouldn't be talking about fear-mongering because that's all Obama's re-election campaign is.

Don't you remember these accusations from Democrats:

Dirty Air and Dirty Water
Throw Grandma Off A Cliff
The GOP Wants To Double Interests Rates On Your Student Loans
The Tea Party Is Full Of Racists And Terrorists
The War On Women
The GOP Wants To Raise Your Taxes And Cut Taxes For The Rich

Obama and the Democrats specialize in fear-mongering. The problem is that he plans on doubling gas prices in his second term without making sure we have viable alternatives first. He also said that his policies would sky-rocket energy costs. And finally he said during the debate that he didn't care if raising taxes hurt the economy. His goal was to punish, not to do good.

A vote for Newt would be for $2.50 gas and everything else that goes with it.

It is Obamas fault but you don't explain why the oil companies just keep raising the prices. Is it because they can and there is nothing the guvmint can do about it? Don't you like capitalism? Isn't this just the "free market" at work?

Just what is it you think can be done? Set up new drilling rigs in your back yard. OK.
Now explain why the oil companies will sell it cheaper just because it was drilled in your back yard.

That's a red herring. I'm sure you're more than aware of the many ways in which govt. is directly involved in oil. You ever hear of Keystone? That's just one important example. There are plenty more.

Obama has said it several times (and so has his energy secretary, Steven Chu) that he wants European level gas prices ($8 per gallon). He has a bunch of kooky reasons for it; but he has made no secret about his agenda. That's why he's a hypocrite when he pretends that gas is out of his control and that there's "no silver bullet" to getting gas prices down.

I was filling up my tank; well not filling it up. But putting some gas in it and I was like this is f'ing BS even at $4 per gallon.

People need to realize that gas prices are going to suck through the next 4 years with Obama in charge. Vote for Obama if you want high gas prices and a slow economy.

[youtube]5M1WlV7vafk[/youtube]

I suppose you listened to the link you supplied so maybe you could explain how the link would lead anyone to agree with your conclusion?

You do know, since you are so concerned about the price of gas, that yesterday CA had the hotest day of the year. So, when you filled your tank (or half filled it) you recieve less energy yesterday than any previous day of the year. Is the fact that oil companies do not adjust their pricewhen the weather changes Obama's fault too?

Is the growing consmption of gasoline in China and India Obama's fault too?

How did Obama's decision on the Keystone Pipeline effect the cost of gasoline yesterday?

Democrats know that a vote for obama is a vote for $8.00 a gallon gas. They want $8.00 a gallon gas. $10.00 a gallon gas if they can get it.

That's a red herring. I'm sure you're more than aware of the many ways in which govt. is directly involved in oil. You ever hear of Keystone? That's just one important example. There are plenty more.

Gas would be under $3 now if Obama had ok'd Keystone.

Instead he's worked out deals with the UK, Japan, and others to announce the release of strategic oil reserves in an attempt to level out current prices till after the election.

Obama will do anything to get re-elected. He won't do shit for the good of the American people.

Democrats know that a vote for obama is a vote for $8.00 a gallon gas. They want $8.00 a gallon gas. $10.00 a gallon gas if they can get it.

I don't know about Democrats; but apparently their nutbag fringe is for it. I'm hoping that more sensible Democrats will see the light. We need to tell people by word of mouth and on the message boards b/c the media sure as hell won't.

Forum List

Back