a vote for John McCain....

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."

If McCain selects judicial appointments, property will win over rights, If Obama selects them it will be rights over property. If roe v wade is overturned we will return to a sad time when only the rich could get abortions for themselves and for their children. The poor will suffer as they always have with lack of access and quacks. No one will care for these children as wingnuts only want a theocracy of morals for others. Abortion is a moral crutch for wingnuts as it requires nothing of the person making the judgment. Having a child is a long process and raising a child requires love, care, resources, and great patience. Wingnuts care not for people but for ideology.

http://www.feminist.com/resources/ou.../abortion.html

"The secret world of illegal abortion was mostly frightening and expensive. Although there were skilled and dedicated laywomen and doctors who performed safe, illegal abortions, most illegal abortionists, doctors, and those who claimed to be doctors cared only about being well rewarded for their trouble. In the 1960s, abortionists often turned women away if they could not pay $1,000 or more in cash. Some male abortionists insisted on having sexual relations before the abortion.

Abortionists emphasized speed and their own protection. They often didn't use anesthesia because it took too long for women to recover, and they wanted women out of the office as quickly as possible. Some abortionists were rough and sadistic. Almost no one took adequate precautions against hemorrhage or infection."

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

John McCain on the Issues

# Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
# Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
# Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
# Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
# Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
# Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
# Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
# Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
# Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
# Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
# Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

If wingnuts respected and supported life, here is a place to start, UNICEF.

UNICEF - UNICEF Home

i think we should legalize murder for hire, afterall, the world of getting someone to murder someone is dark and scary.....and frightening and expensive

I don't see how not wanting to harvest babies for science, or kill babies, is a strike against human rights, or a strike against individual freedom.

either provide the quote where someone said "100 year war" and where this person said i want this to be a 100 year war (e.g., that is my goal). else recant your lies.

He is talking about McCain of course, but in classic fashion he is leaving out much of what he said, and taking what he is telling us completely out of context.

Here is what he actually said when asked how long we may be in Iraq

Mr. McCain: Maybe a hundred.

We’ve been in South Korea, we’ve been in japan for 60 years. We’ve been in South Korea for 50 years or so.

That’d be fine with me as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. Then it’s fine with me, I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Queda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

Watch and read the entire conversation here

Democrats, McCain and the Iraq War - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

note how these assholes, and I am sorry that is what you are, keep trying to twist what he said into something he did not. Never did he say he wanted, or would support a 100 year war in Iraq, He was talking about us remaining in Iraq, as long as Americans were not being killed, or injured, just as we have stayed in Korea and Japan.

stop telling God Damn lies would ya.

Last edited:
He is talking about McCain of course, but in classic fashion he is leaving out much of what he said, and taking what he is telling us completely out of context.

Democrats, McCain and the Iraq War - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

note how these assholes, and I am sorry that is what you are, keep trying to twist what he said into something he did not. Never did he say he wanted, or would support a 100 year war in Iraq, He was talking about us remaining in Iraq, as long as Americans were not being killed, or injured, just as we have stayed in Korea and Japan.

unfortunately, lies are the party platform

I guess these people should just be killed now so the right to abort can be upheld

Survivors of Abortion - Gianna Jenssen.

Abortion Survivor Sarah Smith

Abortion survivors tell horror stories

here's what BHO thinks about abortion survivors

The Audacity of Death - WSJ.com

As an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama twice opposed legislation to define as "persons" babies who survive late-term abortions. Babies like Gianna. Mr. Obama said in a speech on the Illinois Senate floor that he could not accept that babies wholly emerged from their mother's wombs are "persons," and thus deserving of equal protection under the Constitution's 14th Amendment.

There you go again leaving off the end of what McCain said.

oh why bother lol.

yea, remember kerry ran a clean campaign and just blew off the swiftboat attacks and tried to be the bigger man? well obama is doing the same. we'll do the smearing for him and the key to it is repeating it over and over. So yes, don't bother. lol.

And there is something in McCains gaffes. 100 yrs? bomb bomb bomb iran? give iranians cancer?

jokes? very unpresidential.

ps. all it took to take Dean down in 04 was one firey speech. voters are dumb.

then were going to michigan, ohio, florida, california......

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaa!

do you think we can occupy without casualties? fantasy world.

do you care if iraqis want us there for 100?

could we afford it?

mccain will bankrupt america in iran if elected and you guys want to debate mccains words, not his plans. he's insane.

No, just annoyed with fake liberals and blind DNC loyalists like midcan5 shilling for wealthy, White, milquetoast, male Democrats like Barack Obama. A true progressive I can at least respect. The fake ones make me want to puke.

Damn.. and I thought that Obama was only half white.. btw.. which man is Obama.. the cutthroat chicago politician or the timid, apathetic (milqutoast) candidate that you insinuate.. you cant have it both ways... idiot..

Why is it you keep trying to make this campaign about race as well.. I aint no freud or nuthin but....

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."

If McCain selects judicial appointments, property will win over rights, If Obama selects them it will be rights over property. If roe v wade is overturned we will return to a sad time when only the rich could get abortions for themselves and for their children. The poor will suffer as they always have with lack of access and quacks. No one will care for these children as wingnuts only want a theocracy of morals for others. Abortion is a moral crutch for wingnuts as it requires nothing of the person making the judgment. Having a child is a long process and raising a child requires love, care, resources, and great patience. Wingnuts care not for people but for ideology.

http://www.feminist.com/resources/ou.../abortion.html

"The secret world of illegal abortion was mostly frightening and expensive. Although there were skilled and dedicated laywomen and doctors who performed safe, illegal abortions, most illegal abortionists, doctors, and those who claimed to be doctors cared only about being well rewarded for their trouble. In the 1960s, abortionists often turned women away if they could not pay $1,000 or more in cash. Some male abortionists insisted on having sexual relations before the abortion.

Abortionists emphasized speed and their own protection. They often didn't use anesthesia because it took too long for women to recover, and they wanted women out of the office as quickly as possible. Some abortionists were rough and sadistic. Almost no one took adequate precautions against hemorrhage or infection."

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

John McCain on the Issues

# Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
# Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
# Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
# Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
# Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
# Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
# Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
# Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
# Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
# Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
# Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

If wingnuts respected and supported life, here is a place to start, UNICEF.

UNICEF - UNICEF Home

The usual fearmongering. I see nothing wrong, nor extreme about McGrampa's votes. DO try and get with 2008, huh?

Although Roe v Wade SHOULD BE overturned for Constitutional reasons, it hasn't happened in 45 and isn't going to happen.

The same tired old chant from the extreme left.

do you think we can occupy without casualties? fantasy world.

do you care if iraqis want us there for 100?

could we afford it?

mccain will bankrupt america in iran if elected and you guys want to debate mccains words, not his plans. he's insane.

Did I ever say I wanted to be there for 100 years? I was simply pointing out the Obama supporters in this board, and all over, are lying when they use the quote out of context to act like McCain would keep us in a war for 100 years. You bobo are one pf the worst offenders of this lie.

But to answer a few of your questions. How many casualties happen each year from our "occupation" of Korea and Japan? Because these are the 2 missions McCain was comparing a possible long term deployment in Iraq to.

How much do our deployments to Korea and Japan cost?

Not one substantive reply: Name calling, irrelevancy, and the usual stupidity. Is it any wonder they elected the current groups of fools? One more SC ideologue and America will take another step backward to theocracy and plutocracy. The poor will suffer more and America will fall down even further below third world nations in infant mortality among other things.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Deer-Hunting-Jesus-Dispatches-Americas/dp/0307339378/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215176375&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's Class War: Joe Bageant: Books[/ame]

GeographyIQ - World Atlas - Rankings - Infant mortality rate (All Ascending)

Forum List

Back