A Visual Comparison of the Crowds at Trump's Inaugural Concert Versus Obama's

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
A Visual Comparison of the Crowds at Trump's Inaugural Concert Versus Obama's

"This started out tonight being a small little concert, and then we had the idea maybe we’ll do it in front of the Lincoln Memorial," he said. "I don’t know if it’s ever been done before. But if it has, very seldom. And the people came by the thousands and thousands, and here we are tonight, all the way back."

As Buzzfeed reports, he later doubled-down on his claims at an event that night, claiming "tens of thousands of people were there" and that "they never had so many people."

But as many were quick to point out, the concert's turnout didn't appear to be quite as incredible as Trump was making it out to be — nor was he the first person even in recent history to hold his inaugural concert at the Lincoln Memorial. (George W. Bush did it in 2001 and Barack Obama did it in 2009.) In fact, a visual comparison of Obama's inaugural concert at the Lincoln Memorial in 2009 versus Trump's inaugural concert on Thursday seems to suggest that his turnout was actually comparatively quite low.

While the National Park Service has not yet released an estimate of how many were in attendance on Thursday, Buzzfeed puts the number at around 10,000 people. Meanwhile, Obama's first inaugural concert drew an estimated 400,000.

The piano guys? Seriously.

U2
Bruce
Beyonce...

Yeah, remember when people who mattered actually showed up...

10,000 vs 400,000...

Who will Trump blame for the tiny turn out?

He's all about numbers and ratings.

And you could go online right now and book a room in D.C.

Democrat infants all stayed home to soak their fat heads in sorrow.

Conservatives have jobs and dimocrap scum are hiding in their safe spaces

Won't be long now, dimocrap scum. Enjoy your last few minutes

his supporters like me , my fellow deplorables are probably all at work Hazle !!

Bill Clinton's Lincoln Memorial concert was uuuge. Made the trump party look like a night club act.

Bill Clinton's Lincoln Memorial concert was uuuge. Made the trump party look like a night club act.

There's a bar near me with an outdoor concert setup where all the bands on the has-been circuit make the rounds. That's what the Trump concert looked like.

Looked pretty full to me. Loads of people there.

Of course the size of the party doesn't mean shit.

Its the peaceful transfer of power that's the important thing.

God bless the Republic.

AddedFuck.jpg

Forum List

Back