A victory for Virginia women, "personhood" bill defeated

I laugh because they say getting a sonogram is invasive . I guess an abortion is not to them.. I think they should have to see that childs heartbeat.

It required a transvaginal ultrasound, which is very much an invasive procedure. They took the legislation too far. This is yet more proof that conservatives are full of shit when they talk about respecting limited government and getting the government out of people's lives.

transvaginal ultrasound is less invasive then the abortion they are trying to get :cuckoo:

Abortion wars: Virginia retreats on invasive probe in ultrasound bill (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Check out these women from the Christian Science Monitor website video. Do these look like crazy deranged wild lesbians who want to murder children?

Republicans didn't say they will end the bill, only defer it until next year. When, they hope, we have a Republican president and can pass their extreme "anti women" agenda. Hope these women understand that. I think they probably do.

In a stunning turn of events, the Virginia Senate has voted 24-14 to scuttle a bill that would have given fertilized eggs the same legal rights as people.

Sen. Richard L. Saslaw, D-Fairfax, proposed that House Bill 1, which had passed the Senate Education and Health Committee earlier today on an 8-7 party line vote, be sent back to the committee and carried over to the 2013 legislative session for further discussion and deliberation.

Then Sen. Thomas K. Norment Jr., R-James City, the Republican leader of the Senate, rose to support the motion, saying that the issues raised by the bill are more complex and far-reaching than previously thought and merit further study.

The vote effectively kills the bill for the year.

UPDATE: State Senate scuttles 'personhood' bill | GoDanRiver.com

You do realize that regardless of whether the bill passes, fertilized eggs of humans are humans as well. You are a fertilized egg. There is absolutely no reason not to consider you one, since it's true. According to your logic, that means we should be able to end your life.

You're lucky, however, that I would never actually talk to you in that regard. It's a shame your offspring are not.

I dont have a problem with them studying further. The issue won't go away. States are going to exercise their Constitutional rights.

I don't think blastocysts are the same as humans. Sorry.

Really??,so you were found under a cabbage plant?? You got lucky and turned human instead of winding up a gold fish or cat??

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

An egg is not a chicken.

At what point do you become human in your opinion? No flame ... just curious.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

An egg is not a chicken.

Pro child abuse??? ya right. Your are what you are,right from the very start,your DNA was set your future put into motion at conception.

Anyone that thinks that killing a person,because they might be abused??!!! That is some really stupid logic!

An egg is not a chicken.

So we are pro child abuse for wanting to protect the lives of the children and you are anti child abuse for wanting them dead....

Do you ever think your arguments out?

An egg is not a chicken.

Well, of course an egg isn't a chicken. Chickens develop inside of eggs*, not from them.

*Egg here means your typically edible egg as most people think, not egg as in ovum.

Abortion wars: Virginia retreats on invasive probe in ultrasound bill (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Check out these women from the Christian Science Monitor website video. Do these look like crazy deranged wild lesbians who want to murder children?

Republicans didn't say they will end the bill, only defer it until next year. When, they hope, we have a Republican president and can pass their extreme "anti women" agenda. Hope these women understand that. I think they probably do.

So the thousands of women that never got past their deaths in an abortion means nothing to you??

If anyone is anti women it would be YOU! So selfish and cold!

An egg is not a chicken.

Maybe someone should inform 50% of American women that birth control fucking prevents like 99% of unwanted pregnancies.

Stop acting like most abortions are anything but an "oops I was a dumb fuck and didn't use protection"

2 of our three kids were unplanned. They never once were abused,thats the lamest most dishonest excuse for abortion going!

An egg is not a chicken.

So we are pro child abuse for wanting to protect the lives of the children and you are anti child abuse for wanting them dead....

Do you ever think your arguments out?

Yes he does.

If you are pro life, then you are pro-rape (yes, it's true) and pro-child abuse. these are standard progressive mob epithets.

I laugh because they say getting a sonogram is invasive . I guess an abortion is not to them.. I think they should have to see that childs heartbeat.

It required a transvaginal ultrasound, which is very much an invasive procedure. They took the legislation too far. This is yet more proof that conservatives are full of shit when they talk about respecting limited government and getting the government out of people's lives.

transvaginal ultrasound is less invasive then the abortion they are trying to get :cuckoo:

And their planned abortion is none of your business.

So the thousands of women that never got past their deaths in an abortion means nothing to you??

I concur, of course. Men who support abortion arent thinking about women. They are thinking about avoiding the responsibility for their own actions by pushing a woman into killing a child they created rather than stepping up and doing the mature act of taking responsibility for her and the child.

And their planned abortion is none of your business.[/QUOTE

When we fail to stand for the very weakest and vulnerable,we become less human.

I concur, of course. Men who support abortion arent thinking about women. They are thinking about avoiding the responsibility for their own actions by pushing a woman into killing a child they created rather than stepping up and doing the mature act of taking responsibility for her and the child.

wow that's some pretty blatant generalization there.

I laugh because they say getting a sonogram is invasive . I guess an abortion is not to them.. I think they should have to see that childs heartbeat. I see liberals all the time being vegetarians because they dont want to have animals killed for food but these same people have no problems killing a child in abortions. Once a person has a heartbeat they are alive!! So unless you have the abortion up to 12 days past conception your killing that child. They say things to down play it .. They have so many forms of birth control these days there is NO excuse for unplanned pregnancies. Abortion should not be a form of birth control. I only believe in them if you have been raped, the health of mother or the baby is going to die period!!

Just about as invasive as the body scanners at airports :D

I'm sorry but it very much is our business. We have a moral and social obligation to protect the lives of the innocent. Otherwise the blood of the innocent is not only on the abandoning parents, but on our hands as well.

wow that's some pretty blatant generalization there.

It's the rules, not the exceptions, that govern life.

I'm sorry but it very much is our business. We have a moral and social obligation to protect the lives of the innocent. Otherwise the blood of the innocent is not only on the abandoning parents, but on our hands as well.
Wow, but no innocent blood on hands for supporting the Iraq invasion?
Just collateral damages?

Forum List

Back