A victory for athiests?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I was shopping at Whole Foods today and they were collecting donations at the register for a group called Feeding South Florida. I'd never heard of that charity before and asked the cashier about it. She told me it used to be called the Daily Bread Food Bank (which has been around for years), but they just changed the name because Daily Bread sounded too Christian and they were afraid it was hurting their donations.

I don't know if this is true or not but it cracked me up so much that I spilled my latte on the payment keypad. :lol:

That is pretty funny. My guess is that it sounded "too Catholic" though. It still may be a Christian group (in disguise of course). Most of the food banks around here are run by churches.

That is pretty funny. My guess is that it sounded "too Catholic" though. It still may be a Christian group (in disguise of course). Most of the food banks around here are run by churches.
It took me a minute to connect Daily Bread to Christianity. But I thought that prayer was used in all Christian religions? I don't know the religious leanings of the group.

Actually, it would be better if the charity keep the name as close to the association and charity as posible. Atheist give money, I know I do, but the minute it sounds like some 50% off the top criminal organization that feeds off the poor I am retaining my money.

Daily Bread Food Bank

October 14, 2009: Daily Bread Food Bank is now called Feeding South Florida: After the tragic loss of our Broward warehouse due to a fire last week, we were able to bounce back larger and stronger than ever. We have gotten such a large response in our time of need from the media and the local community we had to open our new facility sooner than anticipated.

Why is this a victory for atheists? Are Christianity and Atheism the only religions in southern Florida?

It's a private organization, if they were to choose to go back to the daily bread tomorrow it wouldn't really be a victory for Christians.

So, let me get this right..you guys are jeering at Christians because they're being P.C. to drum up more donations for charities?

Is this a joke?

Oh, wait, it's Ravi. How much did you donate? My guess is none. $5 for the latte. Zero for starving kids because it MIGHT be a Christian group doing the work.

I think the atheist secular crowd have gone too far!

I once got arrested and fined for tying myself to a cross naked on Good Friday on the freeway and yelling out Sunday will seem this penis rise again.

I mean really now, what about tradition?

Not exactly sure what you won, but if you think we are in a competition and this is what you consider a win, keep it up. It will keep you from doing actual damage to people's lives.

Forum List

Back