A Victim's View of Obama's Friend Bill Ayers

I personally don't see anything wrong with taking violent action against an oppressive government. We have seen how little can be done by the American public in the current political system. Corrupt politicians continue to get elected and ignore the American people. The weatherman wanted their voices to be heard and took a radical approach to doing so. Sometimes violence and intimidation is the only way to facilitate change; just ask our founding fathers. I am sure more of them would have been considered terrorists by today's standards. It is too bad most Americans have been brain washed and believe that crap that our government shoves down our throat on a daily basis. Maybe one day we will see the light.

That's so bullshit.

That's so bullshit.

Please explain why? Is that not the principle our country, and many western countries were founded upon? When the government fails to represent its people, it is the people's responsibility to rise up and do something about it, and sometimes that requires violence. What is bullshit about that?

Please explain why? Is that not the principle our country, and many western countries were founded upon? When the government fails to represent its people, it is the people's responsibility to rise up and do something about it, and sometimes that requires violence. What is bullshit about that?

I agree our government, on the whole, sucks and no longer represents us. It IS up to us, the people to change that through voting. So don't just blame the government when the sheeple that bleet happily along behind their chosen party's bullshit won't stop and actually think for themselves are as much if not more to blame. If WE didn't tolerate their bullshit, they'd be out.

Be that as it may, the matter of whether you have the right to rise up and revolt against the US government was settled by the US Supreme Court following the US Civil War. You don't.

Your solution just gets people killed for nothing.

I agree our government, on the whole, sucks and no longer represents us. It IS up to us, the people to change that through voting. So don't just blame the government when the sheeple that bleet happily along behind their chosen party's bullshit won't stop and actually think for themselves are as much if not more to blame. If WE didn't tolerate their bullshit, they'd be out.

Be that as it may, the matter of whether you have the right to rise up and revolt against the US government was settled by the US Supreme Court following the US Civil War. You don't.

Your solution just gets people killed for nothing.

I don't disagree with you, but all I am saying is that I feel like the current election system does not allow for any serious change in a reasonable frame of time. It is dominated by two parties who are good at spewing rhetoric and doing just enough to get reelected. Anyone that wants to shake up the party too much is eventually dropped because the politicians in Washington do not want to lose the power they have attained. Third parties have little to no chance and that seriously limits the number of people that the parties HONESTLY represent.

Maybe things will change, and I hope they do, but all I am saying is I do not see a problem with people taking radical actions when necessary. If that involves some violence, then so be it. I don't want to see people die, but I also don't want to see our government continue to misrepresent the American public for their own selfish interests. Hopefully voting will solved all of our problems, but I would honestly not be surprised if we had moved past that point.

This is the quote that best expresses what I am getting at. The third president of this great country said that it is our duty as Americans to occasionally shed blood to protect our freedoms.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

Source:

November 13, 1787, letter to William S. Smith, quoted in Padover's Jefferson On Democracy, ed., 1939

I don't disagree with you, but all I am saying is that I feel like the current election system does not allow for any serious change in a reasonable frame of time. It is dominated by two parties who are good at spewing rhetoric and doing just enough to get reelected. Anyone that wants to shake up the party too much is eventually dropped because the politicians in Washington do not want to lose the power they have attained. Third parties have little to no chance and that seriously limits the number of people that the parties HONESTLY represent.

Maybe things will change, and I hope they do, but all I am saying is I do not see a problem with people taking radical actions when necessary. If that involves some violence, then so be it. I don't want to see people die, but I also don't want to see our government continue to misrepresent the American public for their own selfish interests. Hopefully voting will solved all of our problems, but I would honestly not be surprised if we had moved past that point.

It won't change. The current two parties have everyone else locked out, as you say. The government will continue on as it is and continue to legislate itself the right to do so.

It'll change when it implodes. Once you've taken violent action and see the result, you might not be so quick to wish it as a solution.

It won't change. The current two parties have everyone else locked out, as you say. The government will continue on as it is and continue to legislate itself the right to do so.

It'll change when it implodes. Once you've taken violent action and see the result, you might not be so quick to wish it as a solution.

Your right, it may turn out like the French Revolution and devolve into chaos. I guess I just feel like we have done it once before, so hopefully we could do it again relatively easily. I am not naive however and I understand that the world is a very different place today, but I think the same principles remain in play. I guess I just don't see how the government eventually imploding is any better of an idea. Makes me wonder what power would fill that huge vacuum of power. I would prefer to be proactive and make sure it was the people and not a corporation/the fbi/the nsa/the military, etc (pick your poison). I am being incredibly idealistic, i know, but I can would like to dream big at least instead of just sitting around until things go to shit on their own. Just how I feel about it.

Everybody knows that Obama's Communist mother taught him all about the terrorist Ayers when Obama was going to a radical Moslem school in Indonesia in the 60s. So Obama was familiar in the 1960s with his good friend's violent Communist activities. Everybody knows this.

Your right, it may turn out like the French Revolution and devolve into chaos. I guess I just feel like we have done it once before, so hopefully we could do it again relatively easily. I am not naive however and I understand that the world is a very different place today, but I think the same principles remain in play. I guess I just don't see how the government eventually imploding is any better of an idea. Makes me wonder what power would fill that huge vacuum of power. I would prefer to be proactive and make sure it was the people and not a corporation/the fbi/the nsa/the military, etc (pick your poison). I am being incredibly idealistic, i know, but I can would like to dream big at least instead of just sitting around until things go to shit on their own. Just how I feel about it.

It will not be the government imploding. It will be this nation/entire society. We're well on our way. The people will not be the ones to fill in any power vaccuum.

The people do not have a collective will to fight even self-defense. Look at all the anti-gun idiots and knuckleheads who think the police are here to protect us rather than solve our murders, if they can.

Face it, our society is decadent. We no longer have to struggle to live and a society such as that keeps alive many people who would otherwise not exist if they had to actually fight to survive. Coinicidentally, those are the verysame people who bitch the loudest about those who DO protect them and fight their battles for them.

From a certain point of view, an implosion would be quite a cleansing event. :lol:

Spoken quite like a fellow Hobbesian. :clap2:

Forum List

Back