A Victim's View of Obama's Friend Bill Ayers

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Since we don't hear much from the mainstream media about the Obamessiah's longstanding friend and mentor Bill Ayers, let's see what we can learn from Yonkers city councilmember John Murtagh, whose familiarity with Ayers goes back even further than Obama's:

During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up "a gentleman named William Ayers," who "was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He's never apologized for that." Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama's answer: "The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense, George." Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers's Weathermen tried to murder me.
In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called "Panther 21," members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we'd call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.
I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother's pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn't leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS. […]

Moonbattery: A Victim's View of Obama's Friend Bill Ayers

Well so what if he's a terrorist, he never killed anybody" say someone..

not because he didn't try says I. :mad:

I personally don't see anything wrong with taking violent action against an oppressive government. We have seen how little can be done by the American public in the current political system. Corrupt politicians continue to get elected and ignore the American people. The weatherman wanted their voices to be heard and took a radical approach to doing so. Sometimes violence and intimidation is the only way to facilitate change; just ask our founding fathers. I am sure more of them would have been considered terrorists by today's standards. It is too bad most Americans have been brain washed and believe that crap that our government shoves down our throat on a daily basis. Maybe one day we will see the light.

I personally don't see anything wrong with taking violent action against an oppressive government. We have seen how little can be done by the American public in the current political system. Corrupt politicians continue to get elected and ignore the American people. The weatherman wanted their voices to be heard and took a radical approach to doing so. Sometimes violence and intimidation is the only way to facilitate change; just ask our founding fathers. I am sure more of them would have been considered terrorists by today's standards. It is too bad most Americans have been brain washed and believe that crap that our government shoves down our throat on a daily basis. Maybe one day we will see the light.

I see no problem with violent action either. As long as you direct it at yourself and not innocent people that would be fine. They can blow themselves up all they would like, won't hear me complain.

I see no problem with violent action either. As long as you direct it at yourself and not innocent people that would be fine. They can blow themselves up all they would like, won't hear me complain.

That does not make any sense at all. What good would blowing yourself up do? The whole point of terrorism is to make a point by taking out a target of importance to make a statement. I fail to see the logic behind your statement.

You cannot possibly mean this. The ones that blew themselves up had intended to bomb a dance at Fort Dix and students at Butler Library at Columbia University. You condone this type of action. These weren't attacks on government, they attacks on innocent people. The Weatherman Underground described themselves as the "fifth column" of the Vietcong. That to me says treason.

That does not make any sense at all. What good would blowing yourself up do? The whole point of terrorism is to make a point by taking out a target of importance to make a statement. I fail to see the logic behind your statement.

and you do see the logic of blowing up innocent people? You'd fit right in with the Al Qaida folks.

and you do see the logic of blowing up innocent people? You'd fit right in with the Al Qaida folks.

Nice over generalization. You said it yourself, they never killed anyone. I don't necessarily agree with the killing on innocents, but sometimes it happens; just ask the US military. It is nice to see that you all failed to address the fact that our own founding father's were terrorists. Our country was founded on revolution and violence. I am sure a few innocent people lost their lives then. Our founding fathers would probably be ashamed of the American people today and how subservient we have become to our own government. At least the Weatherman had the balls to act against our government. Most of us now just bitch on a message board about how things need to change and never do anything.

Al Quaeda wants to destroy America completely. I want to replace the current politicians and change a few things to preserve the country that we know and love. The comparison would be a fair one. I guess stereotypes are just easier for some people.

Longstanding friend?

Did he know him when he was an active terrorist in the sixties?

That is not the point the point is Obama knew who he was and what he did and yet he decided to work with him. The point is Ayers is not sorry for his actions Get it.

Since we don't hear much from the mainstream media about the Obamessiah's longstanding friend and mentor Bill Ayers, let's see what we can learn from Yonkers city councilmember John Murtagh, whose familiarity with Ayers goes back even further than Obama's:

During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up "a gentleman named William Ayers," who "was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He's never apologized for that." Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama's answer: "The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense, George." Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers's Weathermen tried to murder me.
In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called "Panther 21," members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we'd call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.
I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother's pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn't leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS. […]

Moonbattery: A Victim's View of Obama's Friend Bill Ayers

Well so what if he's a terrorist, he never killed anybody" say someone..

not because he didn't try says I. :mad:

Wow I am glad your family survived unhurt. That was nothing but thugs that would do such a despicable thing. Ayers is a jerk that should be booted out of our county for being a traitor

Seriously did your mother drop you on your head as a child?

Nice over generalization. You said it yourself, they never killed anyone. I don't necessarily agree with the killing on innocents, but sometimes it happens; just ask the US military. It is nice to see that you all failed to address the fact that our own founding father's were terrorists. Our country was founded on revolution and violence. I am sure a few innocent people lost their lives then. Our founding fathers would probably be ashamed of the American people today and how subservient we have become to our own government. At least the Weatherman had the balls to act against our government. Most of us now just bitch on a message board about how things need to change and never do anything.

Al Quaeda wants to destroy America completely. I want to replace the current politicians and change a few things to preserve the country that we know and love. The comparison would be a fair one. I guess stereotypes are just easier for some people.

No I didn't say that. I said someone else said that, and I said not for lack of trying. Who knows if he killed anyone or not. You think he's going to tell us?

In the first link you mentioned the only people that were killed were Weathermen. I feel like you guys would have enjoyed that. The second seems more like a bank robbery then terrorism (unless you consider all bank robberies terrorism). Just because it was carried out by members of the organization does not me it was terrorism. That logic does not really make sense to me.

All I am saying is that I don't see a problem with people deciding to fight back against a repressive government like the one we currently have. Our country was founded upon those principles. Our government kills innocent people every day, I don't hear you complaining about that.

In the first link you mentioned the only people that were killed were Weathermen. I feel like you guys would have enjoyed that. The second seems more like a bank robbery then terrorism (unless you consider all bank robberies terrorism). Just because it was carried out by members of the organization does not me it was terrorism. That logic does not really make sense to me.

All I am saying is that I don't see a problem with people deciding to fight back against a repressive government like the one we currently have. Our country was founded upon those principles. Our government kills innocent people every day, I don't hear you complaining about that.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen

Forum List

Back