A victim of 9/11 hate crime now fights for his attacker's life

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Two Thumbs, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Immigrant badly wounded by 'Arab Slayer' mounts long-shot bid to halt execution
    Victim of 9/11 hate crime fights for attacker's life - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Days after the 9/11 terror attacks, 31-year old laborer Mark Stroman went on a shooting spree in the Dallas area. In a drug-fueled mission of revenge, he killed two South Asian immigrants and shot another — Rais Bhuiyan — in the face at close range, blinding him in one eye.

Shortly after his arrest, Stroman boasted of his role as "Arab Slayer."

Now, as Stroman faces imminent execution in Texas, an unlikely champion is fighting to save his life: Bhuiyan, who spent years recovering from the wounds he suffered in the attack.

"I've had many years to grow spiritually," said Bhuiyan, a Muslim who immigrated to the U.S. from Bangladesh and now works as technology professional in Dallas. "I'm trying to do my best not to allow the loss of another human life. I'll knock on every door possible."

:clap2:

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    Stroman executed...
    :eusa_eh:
    Texas inmate executed despite plea from victim to spare his life
    Thu Jul 21 2011 - A Texas inmate was executed Wednesday for killing a Dallas-area convenience store clerk during a shooting spree that he claimed was retaliation for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.