a VERY interesting DRUDGE headline: Acorn news.

LOL! :lol:

Keep on eye on JT for us.

I'll scope out the Newman grave.

My mistake. I forgot that dead people have the right to vote in this country, as long as they vote for candidates like Obama.

I'm still amused when people think stuff like this is something "new" with the last election. Perhaps you should dig a little further and see how often both parties are guilty of voter/election fraud. I don't think 2008 has been analyzed yet, but here's a good synopsis of all the shenanigans that have gone on before. The holier-than-thou Republican Party operatives are just as guilty, if not more so.

Welcome to Vote2004.eRiposte.Com!
And I'm still very much not amused by people who think that we should just continue the same ole same ole. Hell, its been done in the past so let us just turn a blind eye to it.

Who screams the loudest when anyone talks about election reform?

ACORN QC are the ones who caught this and turned these people in. In fact, that was what the bulk of the article in the OP talked about yet it was summarily ignored.

But ACORN officials said they had alerted authorities about the alleged illegal activity among some canvassers in Miami-Dade after finding ``numerous discrepancies'' on voter cards collected from the Homestead area.
The arrests are ``further evidence we've been policing our own folks and report people attempting to commit voter registration fraud,'' said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. ``This was really some individuals who were trying to defraud their employer.''

Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernández Rundle praised ACORN.

``We've been very aggressive about a lot of these cases,'' she said. ``But we would not have known about these workers unless ACORN brought it to us.

``It's really minor, ineffectual attempts to justify getting paid an hourly basis. It could not have impacted the voting process whatsoever. Nonetheless, we cannot turn a blind eye to this,'' Rundle added.

ACORN quality control workers found the discrepancies in the cards turned in by 10 canvassers and contacted authorities in June 2008, authorities said. The group turned in 1,400 cards, of which 888 were found to be fraudulent.

11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

ACORN QC are the ones who caught this and turned these people in. In fact, that was what the bulk of the article in the OP talked about yet it was summarily ignored.

But ACORN officials said they had alerted authorities about the alleged illegal activity among some canvassers in Miami-Dade after finding ``numerous discrepancies'' on voter cards collected from the Homestead area.
The arrests are ``further evidence we've been policing our own folks and report people attempting to commit voter registration fraud,'' said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. ``This was really some individuals who were trying to defraud their employer.''

``We've been very aggressive about a lot of these cases,'' she said. ``But we would not have known about these workers unless ACORN brought it to us.

``It's really minor, ineffectual attempts to justify getting paid an hourly basis. It could not have impacted the voting process whatsoever. Nonetheless, we cannot turn a blind eye to this,'' Rundle added.

ACORN quality control workers found the discrepancies in the cards turned in by 10 canvassers and contacted authorities in June 2008, authorities said. The group turned in 1,400 cards, of which 888 were found to be fraudulent.

11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Again, Tip of the Iceberg...

What was Ignored in this Thread is my Request...

:)

peace...

Artie {I can call you Artie, can't I, Artie? :) },

I would suggest that it is not quite accurate to say that that facet of the story got "ignored" when it is in the very excerpt which I chose to post.

I would further offer a little speculation. IF (spitballing here, of course, but just "if") the ACORN honchos were of the belief that the behavior (the alleged criminal acts) of some of their members had already been discovered, what might be the rational response of those ACORN honchos, even if they had previously condoned the (alleged) criminal behavior? Might it not be to come forward to "report" their "concerns?" {"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"}

Pre-emptive spin! {"Your winnings, sir. "}

ARRESTS MADE IN ACORN VOTER FRAUD INVESTIGATION...

11 accused of faking registration cards in Miami-Dade...

11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade

By JENNIFER LEBOVICH
[email protected]
Eleven people hired to register potential voters in Miami-Dade County before last year's presidential election were being sought Wednesday for falsifying hundreds of voter registration cards.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office issued arrest warrants for each of the 11 suspects, all of whom worked for the local chapter of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, (ACORN).

By early Wednesday morning, six were in custody, authorities said.

ACORN came under fire during last year's presidential campaign when Republicans and other conservative groups accused the national organization of committing fraud in its aggressive voter registration efforts in various cities and counties nationwide, including Florida.

EXCERPTED,with just a little emphasis added, from the full article found at:
11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com .

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

In every single case, against Acorn workers, that has been presented on this site that i participated in or that i had read about, the fraudulent registrations from workers of ACORN...were TURNED IN TO THE AUTHORITIES, by ACORN themselves....

YOU would NOT HAVE something to bitch about or writers to write about for a newspaper on these Acorn employee/registration fraud, IF IT HAD NOT BEEN for Acorn themselves, turning them in to the authorities.

this doesn't diminish the fact that there are several of their temp hired workers who have simply committed this fraud for a paycheck....in a ton of their operating areas...

How can this be stopped? What can be done to lessen the hiring of people that obviously are not of the caliber that should be hired for such an important job....

Acorn, and the community itself that they are suppose to be helping, gets hurt by these employees committing fraud....hundreds if not thousands of fake registrations with Mickey mouse and other names on them does not bring more people in the community to the polls....it ties up acorn in to paying these people to bring in new voters from a community, while the rotten lot are sitting home making up names and addresses of fictitious people...other REAL people from their communities who ARE eligible to vote and who are not registered, don't get gotten to....

There has to be a better way for these groups to pick their employees and not hire so many slackers and corrupt individuals?

Care

Last edited:
My mistake. I forgot that dead people have the right to vote in this country, as long as they vote for candidates like Obama.

I'm still amused when people think stuff like this is something "new" with the last election. Perhaps you should dig a little further and see how often both parties are guilty of voter/election fraud. I don't think 2008 has been analyzed yet, but here's a good synopsis of all the shenanigans that have gone on before. The holier-than-thou Republican Party operatives are just as guilty, if not more so.

And I'm still very much not amused by people who think that we should just continue the same ole same ole. Hell, its been done in the past so let us just turn a blind eye to it.

That's not at all what I'm suggesting. I just get tired of so many people criticizing something (in this case Acorn) as if it were a new criminal or corrupt act perpetrated only by the Obama administration when the same thing(s) have been going on for decades.

That's not at all what I'm suggesting. I just get tired of so many people criticizing something (in this case Acorn) as if it were a new criminal or corrupt act perpetrated only by the Obama administration when the same thing(s) have been going on for decades.

Your presence is encouraged.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...baltimore-flat-out-corruption-on-display.html

Forum List

Back