a VERY interesting DRUDGE headline: Acorn news.

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
ARRESTS MADE IN ACORN VOTER FRAUD INVESTIGATION...

11 accused of faking registration cards in Miami-Dade...

11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade

By JENNIFER LEBOVICH
[email protected]
Eleven people hired to register potential voters in Miami-Dade County before last year's presidential election were being sought Wednesday for falsifying hundreds of voter registration cards.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office issued arrest warrants for each of the 11 suspects, all of whom worked for the local chapter of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, (ACORN).

By early Wednesday morning, six were in custody, authorities said.

ACORN came under fire during last year's presidential campaign when Republicans and other conservative groups accused the national organization of committing fraud in its aggressive voter registration efforts in various cities and counties nationwide, including Florida.

But ACORN officials said they had alerted authorities about the alleged illegal activity among some canvassers in Miami-Dade after finding ``numerous discrepancies'' on voter cards collected from the Homestead area.

The arrests are ``further evidence we've been policing our own folks and report people attempting to commit voter registration fraud,'' said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. ``This was really some individuals who were trying to defraud their employer.''

EXCERPTED,with just a little emphasis added, from the full article found at:
11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com .

Ya gotta love it. Send em all out to do their dirty work then toss em under the bus!

President Obama sent them out. But he's not the one throwing them under any bus. It is not the "Justice [sic] Department" that is going after these alleged criminals. It is a State/local prosecutor's office.

I mean, really. Does anybody imagine that this Administration would take a hand in trying to root out voter fraud when liberal Democratics are the intended beneficiaries?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
President Obama sent them out

What a totally stupid remark. But then that's all we seem to get these days from the disgruntled right wingers.

Go back and check out the shit the right wing did during the 2000 election in Florida.

I notice no ACORN officials have been arrested. ACORN is the little nut the nuts on the right bring out every election.

Ya gotta love it. Send em all out to do their dirty work then toss em under the bus!

President Obama sent them out. But he's not the one throwing them under any bus. It is not the "Justice [sic] Department" that is going after these alleged criminals. It is a State/local prosecutor's office.

I mean, really. Does anybody imagine that this Administration would take a hand in trying to root out voter fraud when liberal Democratics are the intended beneficiaries?

Oh right...President Obama personally rang these guys up and said "Yo! Fellas! How 'bout heppin' me out here and get some fake signature on some registration ballots..."

Also, do you honestly believe that the Justice Department doesn't have bigger fish to fry than going after a few goofballs who would be charged with third degree felonies?

You must enjoy making yourself look stupid.

What a totally stupid remark. But then that's all we seem to get these days from the disgruntled right wingers.

Go back and check out the shit the right wing did during the 2000 election in Florida.

I notice no ACORN officials have been arrested. ACORN is the little nut the nuts on the right bring out every election.

ahhhhhhhhh.....the we cheated but you cheated worse defense.......well done....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Those two should be locked up!

LOL! :lol:

Keep on eye on JT for us.

I'll scope out the Newman grave.

My mistake. I forgot that dead people have the right to vote in this country, as long as they vote for candidates like Obama.

I'm still amused when people think stuff like this is something "new" with the last election. Perhaps you should dig a little further and see how often both parties are guilty of voter/election fraud. I don't think 2008 has been analyzed yet, but here's a good synopsis of all the shenanigans that have gone on before. The holier-than-thou Republican Party operatives are just as guilty, if not more so.

Welcome to Vote2004.eRiposte.Com!

And with this recent story, FOXNEWS will have something to rag on for the next several days. Can they go an entire three hours without once mentioning ACORN? Yowza! A whole new great big juicy story for Glenny to rail about. Can't wait.

Oh right...President Obama personally rang these guys up and said "Yo! Fellas! How 'bout heppin' me out here and get some fake signature on some registration ballots..."

Also, do you honestly believe that the Justice Department doesn't have bigger fish to fry than going after a few goofballs who would be charged with third degree felonies?

Obama and Acorn - WSJ.com

OCTOBER 14, 2008
Obama and Acorn
Community organizers, phony voters, and your tax dollars
Which brings us to Mr. Obama, who got his start as a Chicago "community organizer" at Acorn's side. In 1992 he led voter registration efforts as the director of Project Vote, which included Acorn. This past November, he lauded Acorn's leaders for being "smack dab in the middle" of that effort. Mr. Obama also served as a lawyer for Acorn in 1995, in a case against Illinois to increase access to the polls.

During his tenure on the board of Chicago's Woods Fund, that body funneled more than $200,000 to Acorn. More recently, the Obama campaign paid $832,000 to an Acorn affiliate. The campaign initially told the Federal Election Commission this money was for "staging, sound, lighting." It later admitted the cash was to get out the vote.

The Obama campaign is now distancing itself from Acorn, claiming Mr. Obama never organized with it and has nothing to do with illegal voter registration. Yet it's disingenuous to channel cash into an operation with a history of fraud and then claim you're shocked to discover reports of fraud. As with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, Mr. Obama was happy to associate with Acorn when it suited his purposes. But now that he's on the brink of the Presidency, he wants to disavow his ties.

The Justice Department needs to treat these fraud reports as something larger than a few local violators. The question is whether Acorn is systematically subverting U.S. election law -- on the taxpayer's dime.

Obama and Acorn - WSJ.com

OCTOBER 14, 2008
Obama and Acorn
Community organizers, phony voters, and your tax dollars
Which brings us to Mr. Obama, who got his start as a Chicago "community organizer" at Acorn's side. In 1992 he led voter registration efforts as the director of Project Vote, which included Acorn. This past November, he lauded Acorn's leaders for being "smack dab in the middle" of that effort. Mr. Obama also served as a lawyer for Acorn in 1995, in a case against Illinois to increase access to the polls.

During his tenure on the board of Chicago's Woods Fund, that body funneled more than $200,000 to Acorn. More recently, the Obama campaign paid $832,000 to an Acorn affiliate. The campaign initially told the Federal Election Commission this money was for "staging, sound, lighting." It later admitted the cash was to get out the vote.

The Obama campaign is now distancing itself from Acorn, claiming Mr. Obama never organized with it and has nothing to do with illegal voter registration. Yet it's disingenuous to channel cash into an operation with a history of fraud and then claim you're shocked to discover reports of fraud. As with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, Mr. Obama was happy to associate with Acorn when it suited his purposes. But now that he's on the brink of the Presidency, he wants to disavow his ties.

The Justice Department needs to treat these fraud reports as something larger than a few local violators. The question is whether Acorn is systematically subverting U.S. election law -- on the taxpayer's dime.

A 17-year timeframe. BFD. None of this means anything. There have been Republican voter registration organizations that engaged in fraud as well, but they didn't seem to make the Wall Street Journal. Surprise, surprise.

Acorn remains one of many community outreach organizations operating legally, in spite of some of its "volunteers" pushing the limits of legality. But the way you people love to distort the Obama-Acorn relationship is but one of your many desperate reaches. Other major corporations have sunk millions into voter outreach organizations in order to assure a certain candidate wins in a district. Legislators themselves have engaged in questionable activities (read: Tom DeLay). Probably the biggest fraud of all was perpetrated by Diebold which had open commitments to the Republican Party, and of course they had the capability to rig their voting machines to make that happen, and there was plenty of proof that they did, but you never saw it in the WSJ. Of course all of that is conveniently forgotten, now that we've got a Democrat in the White House, a Democrat who is verbally spat upon in every public forum by people who would sell their sisters into slavery just to see him brought down.

Look class. It's a lib insulting, deflecting and apologising. :lol:

Hey dopey: Before you shoot off your rather unintelligent mouth, you might want to give -- oh, I don't know -- at least a tiny little bit of thought to knowing what you're spewing about.

Here, courtesy of another Board member, is some desperately and urgently needed REMEDIAL education for you. Take it in small bites. Even a dope like you MIGHT be capable of learning: http://www.usmessageboard.com/1500595-post17.html

Forum List

Back