A very distrubing development

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Jun 5, 2008
Maine
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/10/world/asia/10terror.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

The suicide bombing at the gates of the Indian Embassy in Kabul on Monday underscored the increasing fears of American and Afghan officials that Taliban insurgents working with Pakistani intelligence operatives might have used the bombing to pursue Pakistan’s long power struggle with India.

Al Qaeda and other militant groups have used redoubts in Pakistan’s rugged mountains as havens for the past several years. But especially since the new Pakistani government sharply curtailed security operations in the tribal areas in March and began negotiating with tribal leaders to rein in the militants, the number of foreign fighters entering the tribal areas has increased “from a trickle to a steady stream,” said a Defense Department official who follows Pakistan closely, and who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.

Land wars in Asia.

When will we EVER learn?

That is a hard question, I wish I could come back every 50 years to see if peoplekind have finally learned to live together.

I have ZERO expectation that mankind will EVER learn to live in peace.

I'd be satisfied if Americans would simply learn that going into land wars in Asia is a truly dumb idea.

I have ZERO expectation that mankind will EVER learn to live in peace.

I'd be satisfied if Americans would simply learn that going into land wars in Asia is a truly dumb idea.

well, we've had korea, vietnam, and iraq officially is asia. 3rd times the charm?

When when we ever learn WHAT? To effectively wipe out our enemies so they can't spread like cockroaches?

Forum List

Back