A Very Different Reason to Vote Romney in 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
A picture speaks a thousand words.

chief+justice+1.png

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important aspect regarding the upcoming presidential election: appointments to the Supreme Court.

"If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep these things in mind:

1. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago. In addition, Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.

5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next 4 years, or over the next 8 years if a new President gets a second term. This election is about much more than the ObamaCare Tax.

Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, THINK AGAIN.

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine Eric Holder as your next Supreme Court Justice!

yeap you guys will lose this election and not be able to keep the SCOTUS way right of the American people for decades.

you lose this one and you will have to face your the fringe

I just threw up in my mouth a little.. I have not even thought about that. Thanks for the attention grabber. As if his communist and sharing the wealth ideology were not bad enough!
It's not JUST the economy stupid!!

chief+justice+1.png

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important aspect regarding the upcoming presidential election: appointments to the Supreme Court.

"If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep these things in mind:

4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago. In addition, Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.

5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next 4 years, or over the next 8 years if a new President gets a second term. This election is about much more than the ObamaCare Tax.

Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, THINK AGAIN.

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine Eric Holder as your next Supreme Court Justice!
Only a dumb DittoTard like McNutzi would be stupid enough to not know that Holder would have to outlive Roberts to be Chief Justice. :cuckoo:

chief+justice+1.png

O.M.G. :eek:

Imagine that....a liberal Supreme Court

Obama needs to follow the GOP lead and appoint 30 year old liberal justices

So we are supposed to vote for Mitt Romney in hopes he'll give us more judges like John Roberts? :eusa_whistle:

Nutters don't even know why they don't like Holder. They hate the fact that heis an Obama appointee. Period.

You are so wrong. I called my senators and told them to fillabuster Holder, if you look at his recrod and opinions before his nomination, it proves he places no value on the Constitution, just like his boss.

Nutters don't even know why they don't like Holder. They hate the fact that heis an Obama appointee. Period.

You are so wrong. I called my senators and told them to fillabuster Holder, if you look at his recrod and opinions before his nomination, it proves he places no value on the Constitution, just like his boss.

Laugher is a nutter, he hates because we don't 'think" like he does.

I am more concerned with Mitt and the Evangelicals being in control of those nominees.

Historically the right has given us centralest, contrary to the hype from the left.

It's not hype from the left when Mitt has said outright that he thinks the right next step is to overturn Roe v Wade and leave reproductive privacy up to State referendum...

He actually characterized the SCOTUS ruling as "judicial activism". :doubt:

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

Values | Mitt Romney for President

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

Don't worry pro-obama folks I'm sure this won't motivate people who don't like Obama and otherwise were thinking of just not voting to possibly come out and actually vote for Romney (aka not Obama). :tongue:

You said that. Now, can you support it? Please provide evidence that Holder places no value on the Constitution.

Thanks.

chief+justice+1.png

my vote well not be FOR a presidential candidate.... but AGAINST one.

Yes, i have thought about this long ago....

Thought about what? About the possibility that Obama would nominate Holder for the Supreme Court? What reality based event or communication from Obama gave you that idea?

Forum List

Back