A very basic truism of life

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
531799_514729005215636_429354071_n.jpg

While I agree with the first bit, I'm not sure about the second. Empathy may be a requirement, but it's not the only one. Plenty of evil has been committed in the name of empathy. Without reason empathy is a poor guide at best.

Empathy makes me want to beat the crap out of cops who shoot dogs, ethics tells me I should only do it if I won't get caught, and morals tells me that I have better things to do with my life.

So you're going to excuse your actions claiming you lack empathy? Maybe you should just make better choices. Faith in God can help you.

While I agree with the first bit, I'm not sure about the second. Empathy may be a requirement, but it's not the only one. Plenty of evil has been committed in the name of empathy. Without reason empathy is a poor guide at best.

Intelligence can also make up for a lack of morals. Ask any sociopath whose smart enough to avoid trouble and/or not get caught.

So you're going to excuse your actions claiming you lack empathy? Maybe you should just make better choices. Faith in God can help you.

Can simple faith in God really help? I don't see a moral change coming with belief and no religious instruction.

Sunday School is the house of religious morals, not some 'gut feeling' possessed at the moment of belief, even if it feels that way.

Can simple faith in God really help? I don't see a moral change coming with belief and no religious instruction.

Sunday School is the house of religious morals, not some 'gut feeling' possessed at the moment of belief, even if it feels that way.

Faith is much more than mere belief. Unfortunately, alot of religions don't teach that truth.

Forum List

Back