A United Nations human rights expert has called on the international community to hold Israel...

Could this be more clear?
How is there even argument here with what we know?

Its an argument because, as yet, there has been no legal determination of exactly which territory is Israel and which territory is the second Arab Palestine. There is no legal document which delineates one from the other. And there can be none without negotiation. It can't be imposed without a significant change in customary law.

Its an argument because, as yet, there has been no legal determination of exactly which territory is Israel and which territory is the second Arab Palestine. There is no legal document which delineates one from the other. And there can be none without negotiation. It can't be imposed without a significant change in customary law.
I am guessing that “Israel’s role as occupier in the Palestinian Territory – the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza – has crossed a red line into illegality,” is pretty darn clear to the rest of us.

I am guessing that “Israel’s role as occupier in the Palestinian Territory – the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza – has crossed a red line into illegality,” is pretty darn clear to the rest of us.

Stop guessing. Seriously. Stop guessing. Stop being a useful idiot. Start knowing.

Show me the legal document which delineates borders between Israel and "the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza".

Last edited:
abi

Look. This is important. Its important to know what you debating. Its important to understand it. Parroting what you've heard is not enough. You have to read and understand the source material.

There are only three people on this board who have really demonstrated a clear understanding of the legal documents involved in the conflict. Myself, Rocco and, as much as I hate to admit it, Tinmore. (Though, I'm saying that out of my respect for Tinmore to actually debate beyond, "stop demolishing homes". He is so biased that he doubles down on blatant untruths like "Israel does not exist" -- BUT he does know his source material and I respect that no matter how much he misinterprets it.) There are a couple of other people who understand it well enough, but rarely comment on the legal side.

You, abi, keep falling back to the argument "that everyone knows this is true". Step up.

Palestine is a territory defined by international borders.

Israel has no defined territory.

Yawning2.jpg

Ah. You intentionally dodge my point to abi.

Abi postulates that there is indeed a defining legal line between Israel and a second Arab State and thus we can determine that there is such a thing as Israeli land and Arab Palestinian land.

We both reject abi's hypothesis. You postulate that ALL the land is Arab Palestine. I postulate that ALL the land is Israel (except sigh, duh Oslo). There is clearly a much (really MUCH, MUCH) better legal argument that it is all Israel than that it is all Arab Palestine.

But either way, abi's idea is clearly legally wrong.

Abi postulates that there is indeed a defining legal line between Israel and a second Arab State and thus we can determine that there is such a thing as Israeli land and Arab Palestinian land.

We both reject abi's hypothesis. You postulate that ALL the land is Arab Palestine. I postulate that ALL the land is Israel (except sigh, duh Oslo). There is clearly a much (really MUCH, MUCH) better legal argument that it is all Israel than that it is all Arab Palestine.

A lot of people are misinformed. Even Norman Finkelstein thinks that is a border. The Green Line ran around Gaza, the West Bank, and between Lebanon and Palestine. Between Syria and Palestine. Between Jordan and Palestine except for the West Bank. Between Egypt and Palestine except for Gaza.

None of these, not being borders, changed Palestine's international borders or created borders inside Palestine. You can go from Rafah to Jericho without crossing a border.

A lot of people are misinformed. Even Norman Finkelstein thinks that is a border. The Green Line ran around Gaza, the West Bank, and between Lebanon and Palestine. Between Syria and Palestine. Between Jordan and Palestine except for the West Bank. Between Egypt and Palestine except for Gaza.

None of these, not being borders, changed Palestine's international borders or created borders inside Palestine. You can go from Rafah to Jericho without crossing a border.

It’s all defined as The a Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally’Land.

Zionists,

You say you can't trust a human rights expert or the UN, so who can you trust for fair information?

Zionists,

You say you can't trust a human rights expert or the UN, so who can you trust for fair information?

I usually trust PressTV for fair information. I know that Islamic retrogrades have my best interests at heart.

ISIS News was pretty good. Lots of photos and articles on Arabs-Moslems slaughtering Arabs-Moslems. Pretty good business section, too.

ISIS issues print, electronic newspaper
f6d410a8-0af6-4139-94bd-93c9a1cf8627_16x9_788x442.jpg

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has issued an electronic and printed newspaper named Dabiq in Arabic and English. (Photo courtesy: social media)

Forum List

Back