A UK Hello

retro

Dec 10, 2012
UK
Good Morning from a freezing UK,

I'm a refugee from the closing down Yahoo UK Message boards:

The conspiracy theorists suggest it might be due to (what's laughingly called) our government, leaning on Yahoo because they don't like the adverse comments we post over here .. ;)

I happened upon your superb board and wondered if you'd mind a very US supportive member from the UK joining in. :wine:

I've asked the mods if it's OK - looking forward to their reply, 'cos there are one or two of us over here looking for a new home. :eusa_angel:

We like to discuss the usual difficult subjects like Politics, Immigration, Religion and generally anything we think the politicians should be paying more attention to.

Best wishes for Christmas:party:

Welcome aboard. Where in the UK are you? I just sent a note to a friend of mine in Rockingham.

Thanks for the welcome guys ..:eusa_angel:

One question - how does one gain 'points' ? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Problem is, apparently I can't post in my normal way of using comments and URL links, until I've amassed 15 points. :wink_2:

Welcome

While I am a Yank, I did live in the UK for several years, in London, NW1, near Regent's Park. Very posh! Ah the life of an expat. Worked on Fenchurch Street, near Lloyds.

So, are you Tory, Labor, or whatever they call libertarians in the UK?

Welcome

While I am a Yank, I did live in the UK for several years, in London, NW1, near Regent's Park. Very posh! Ah the life of an expat. Worked on Fenchurch Street, near Lloyds.

You missed out the Monster Raving Loony Party! How could you!

Welcome

Ah yes, screaming Lord Sutch...how could I forget

Welcome

Ah yes, screaming Lord Sutch...how could I forget

Well, you certainly know your British political parties! All credit to you. :D

Hi Warrior,

About 70miles NW of Rockingham :)

Wow. That's cool. Myself and three others went to UK last year - rented Harleys and toured the country for 7 days. Our last stop, on the way to London, was in Rockingham. Beautiful old village. They even have their own castle! Made several friends there and we keep in touch. We are heading back over there in May - first stop Rockingham, then we're off to Scotland - this time for 10 days. I understand it's a little damp up there along the coast.

Welcome

Ah eflatminor .. that's a good question.:eusa_angel:

I was active in the old Labour Party for several years - until it got taken over by marxists to become 'New Labour'. :Boom2:

Then I moved to the Conservative Party, started a Branch and became Vice Chairman and Treasurer - until Thatcher arrived and wrecked the Country by selling off everything she could lay her hands on . :flameth:

Never one to give up on politics, I then tried the BNP - only to find it was the most hated group in the country. No reason, it had never held any power, so had done no wrong - except voice opposition to multiculturalism. Unfortunately it also emerged that the leadership was morally dubious - so time to leave there as well.

Nowadays, I despair of any politicians ever placing the interests of the citizen foremost, so I just call myself a Nationalist - and we have no Party. The nearest thing is possibly the UKIP Party led by Nigel Farage. I'll post a link to one of his speeches when I'm able - he's hilarious:D

My favorite political person is Pat Condell - check him out on Youtube. Speaks more sense than most political commentators.

I'll also post some stuff on London in these enlightened times .. :eek: when I'm able.

Best wishes, :eusa_angel:

Good Morning from a freezing UK,

I'm a refugee from the closing down Yahoo UK Message boards:

The conspiracy theorists suggest it might be due to (what's laughingly called) our government, leaning on Yahoo because they don't like the adverse comments we post over here .. ;)

I happened upon your superb board and wondered if you'd mind a very US supportive member from the UK joining in. :wine:

I've asked the mods if it's OK - looking forward to their reply, 'cos there are one or two of us over here looking for a new home. :eusa_angel:

We like to discuss the usual difficult subjects like Politics, Immigration, Religion and generally anything we think the politicians should be paying more attention to.

Best wishes for Christmas:party:
Welcome to USMB, Retro. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys ..:eusa_angel:

One question - how does one gain 'points' ? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Problem is, apparently I can't post in my normal way of using comments and URL links, until I've amassed 15 points. :wink_2:
In order to gain reputation points from others, you need to make 15 POSTS. Just traipse around the boards and pick any thread that interests you or start a thread in a topic that interests you and post away. We have a coffee shop and a Tavern, so you can pop in there and say "hi," Drop a word in Word Association, it's up to you where you want to post & what you say.

After your 15 posts are made, if people like to welcome you better, you can get reps counted. After 20 or so posts, you can post pictures, YouTubes, etc. It's a really good board, and hope you get a lot of fun out of it. I think you might if you stick around without getting maimed. :muahaha:

Hi Warrior,

About 70miles NW of Rockingham :)

Wow. That's cool. Myself and three others went to UK last year - rented Harleys and toured the country for 7 days. Our last stop, on the way to London, was in Rockingham. Beautiful old village. They even have their own castle! Made several friends there and we keep in touch. We are heading back over there in May - first stop Rockingham, then we're off to Scotland - this time for 10 days. I understand it's a little damp up there along the coast.

Ah! .. a motorcyclist :eusa_clap: .. a man after my own heart.

I've ridden all sorts of bike for 55 years - until a large lorry knocked me off while doing 60mph. Not nice, Iost skin from very painful places - so I'm just driving a lovely little Mazda MX5 sports car nowadays. It's also much warmer in Winter :)

Forum List

Back