A true hero of the working class.

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
obama-golf-1.jpg

(WHD)- President Obama has gone golfing a total of 59 times in just under two years as president, a blistering pace that puts him on the golf course an average of about once every two weeks, including winters.
According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and one this year. The 2011 outing is among the five times he went out on the course during his just concluded 12 day vacation to Hawaii.
While golf is played by millions of Americans and extends its reach well into the middle class, it is also perceived as a game of the idle rich and is generally unavailable to the poor, putting Obama’s frequent outings at odds with his image as a man of “hope” for the dispossessed.
The White House carefully downplays Obama’s golfing, rarely talking about it and releasing few pictures of the president swinging away. A search of the White House uploads on the Flickr photo-sharing website finds only three shots of the president on the golf course, compared to nearly two dozen of him on the basketball court.
Obama’s excursions usually involve a full 18 holes of play and take around five hours out of his day, including time motorcading to and from the course.
But others say the president could find another way to relax, and that golfing sends the wrong message to the poor and to the troops during a time of economic struggle and war.
George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining his rationale five years later in an interview with POLITICO.
“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”
Rest here>>>

obama-golf-1.jpg

(WHD)- President Obama has gone golfing a total of 59 times in just under two years as president, a blistering pace that puts him on the golf course an average of about once every two weeks, including winters.
According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and one this year. The 2011 outing is among the five times he went out on the course during his just concluded 12 day vacation to Hawaii.
While golf is played by millions of Americans and extends its reach well into the middle class, it is also perceived as a game of the idle rich and is generally unavailable to the poor, putting Obama’s frequent outings at odds with his image as a man of “hope” for the dispossessed.
The White House carefully downplays Obama’s golfing, rarely talking about it and releasing few pictures of the president swinging away. A search of the White House uploads on the Flickr photo-sharing website finds only three shots of the president on the golf course, compared to nearly two dozen of him on the basketball court.
Obama’s excursions usually involve a full 18 holes of play and take around five hours out of his day, including time motorcading to and from the course.
But others say the president could find another way to relax, and that golfing sends the wrong message to the poor and to the troops during a time of economic struggle and war.
George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining his rationale five years later in an interview with POLITICO.
“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”
Rest here>>>

Thanks for keeping us informed

The President playing golf twice a month on weekends is something the American public needs to know

Thankfully, we now have John Boner who is going to give up his golf

Last edited:
This fucker needs to be sent packing. What an asshole.

I hope the repeal of healthcare includes the phrase "Sit down, and shut the fuck up, Mr. President."

Very inspirational of George Bush to do that. What signal does this send to the families of soldiers who have died?

Bush-Volleyball-460_788570c.jpg

Last edited:
So now the president cant do anything that involves down time.

Well not until a republican is elected to president anyway.

The right in this country is fucking insane

I got no problem with Barry hitting the links as often as he wants. No matter who's in office being president is a tough job so let him relax however he chooses.

Heck if I'd just spent 12 days in Hawaii I'd have golfed more than 5 times, guaranteed.

Ditto.

Every Prez needs downtime. The Prez probably more than anyone else.

I don't begrudge anyone VK time. Hell. I wish I had more than I get.

obama-golf-1.jpg

Rest here>>>

Thanks for keeping us informed

The President playing golf twice a month on weekends is something the American public needs to know

Thankfully, we now have John Boner who is going to give up his golf
I see that you had a need that needed to be filled (being informed) and in this case, I could help........:cool:

Very inspirational of George Bush to do that. What signal does this send to the families of soldiers who have died?

The "Gold Standard" of comparison for Obomobots, Booosh........
Shooting sort of low, are we...............

No wonder America hurts so bad, those who want to exist on the government teat are now considered the "working class".
That is what the Republicrats call them and I wouldn't want to leave anyone behind in the discussion.......
Take a look at Detroit to see our "Progressive" future........

So now the president cant do anything that involves down time.

Well not until a republican is elected to president anyway.

The right in this country is fucking insane
Nice of you to take time out of wishing death on people to comment.
Well golfing does not include vacations.
Lucky for the USA, nothing important is happening.
Oh wait.

The "Gold Standard" of comparison for Obomobots, Booosh........
Shooting sort of low, are we...............

Did you bother to read your OP about how noble Bush was to give up his golf game ?

Forum List

Back