A true conservative wouldn't send us to WAR (merged)

Mr. P said:
Originally Posted by Psychoblues
Our constitution states that we are not to interfere with the internal affairs of other countries

I want to see that part too..
Sorry ...that is classified...you do not have a need to know...

Psychoblues said:
You are excruciatingly funny, nonetovote4. I've given my credentials several times in the USMB. I'll do like your president and decline your demands for more. HaHaHa, and besides that you make me sick at my stomach. Just kiddin', you're just another idiot lemming. I can actually forgive you for that.

You do not speak or act like any person that I know in the service. And many of them were lefties. You display none of the knowledge expected of a person in the military. And you especially don't display any of the specific way people in Intel speak in the military. Those habits die hard, I can recognize on almost every occassion people that have worked in those fields. I don't believe that you have.

Typing HaHaHa surely can't be your only response.

GunnyL said:
I defend this President's policies because he is DOING something, unlike his predecessor. Clinton tried to pretend Islamic fanatics didn't exist and the culmination of his inattentiveness was 9/11.

If all Bush does is keeps them off balance and unable to plan 9/11-type attacks, then he has done more than Clinton who was too busy chasing skirts to be bothered with it.

Sometimes (well okay, almost every time), the best thing for the government to do is...nothing. The government "did something" about poverty in the 60's--and it got much worse. The feds keep on "doing something" about schools in our country, and yet they get worse. It's the same story for affordable medicine, banking, transportation, jobs--the list goes on and on. And now, we've installed an Iraqi government that is quite cozy with Iran. It's like the feds have a reverse Midas touch--everything they touch turns to shit instead of gold.

And I wouldn't say that President Slick did nothing; during his presidency our government attacked countries that hadn't attacked us, and blockaded Iraq. He bombed that aspirin factory to distract from Monicagate (which itself was a well-timed distraction from the transfer of missle tech to China for campaign funds, IMO). And we continued giving money to Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and many other scumbag regimes.

And about the constitution, there is nothing that says we cannot interfere with other nations. However, it does say that there must be a congressional declaration of war before that can happen. Furthermore, the founding fathers were just about unanimously opposed to foreign wars, standing armies, "entangling alliances", and "searching abroad for monsters to destroy".

Forum List

Back