A trip down political memory lane...

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
It's funny how the only thing they ever got President Clinton on was perjury for lying about a BJ. After all that taxpayer money spent for all those investigations, that was the only thing they could find him guilty of.

Newt Gingrich, on the other hand, was guilty as hell:

House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker
By John E. Yang
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 22 1997; Page A01

The House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House's 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.

The ethics case and its resolution leave Gingrich with little leeway for future personal controversies, House Republicans said. Exactly one month before yesterday's vote, Gingrich admitted that he brought discredit to the House and broke its rules by failing to ensure that financing for two projects would not violate federal tax law and by giving the House ethics committee false information.

"Newt has done some things that have embarrassed House Republicans and embarrassed the House," said Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.). "If [the voters] see more of that, they will question our judgment."

Washingtonpost.com: House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker

And so, it turned out that the Speaker of the House, a man who was arguably responsible for the giant circus of investigations that occurred during the Clinton administration, should have been the one being investigated.

That's known as "irony".

yes, irony abounds-

In addition, five Democrats voted "present," many of them saying they believed the sanction was not severe enough. "If Newt Gingrich did what they said he did, he should have been censured," said Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), one of the five who voted "present." A censure, second only in severity to expulsion, would have threatened Gingrich's speakership.

Clinton's mistake was lying to a grand jury. Besides that, I liked Clinton and was a better president than the current and last clown.

he didn't "lie to a grand jury". he lied during a deposition in the paula jones case... a deposition which shouldn't have even taken place til he retired from office.

he was the only sitting president ever forced to testify in a civil trial while serving.

other than that, i agree. i think he was the best president i've seen in my lifetime.

of course, they spent 70 million investigating him.

Last edited:
Clinton's mistake was lying to a grand jury. Besides that, I liked Clinton and was a better president than the current and last clown.

he didn't "lie to a grand jury". he lied during a deposition in the paula jones case... a deposition which shouldn't have even taken place til he retired from office.

why?

he was the only sitting president ever forced to testify in a civil trial while serving.

other than that, i agree. i think he was the best president i've seen in my lifetime.

at the risk of incurring a ladies wrath..how old are you?

what is the legal consequence of lying in a depo jillian? are you sworn in under oath and told of perjury violations?

did clinton break the law?

It's interesting how much money lefties claim was spent investigating Clinton...$40 million, $50M, $60M, $70M? Depending where you read the figure is a moving target. Then too you get claims like the idiot in this thread that all they got for it was Clinton guilty of perjury about BJs (in the White House).

But there's a bit more to it. Madison Guaranty S&L was operated by Clinton friends the McDougals and it partnered up with McDougal's Whitewater Development Corporation, an entity the Clintons also invested in. In the end WDC failed and Madison Guaranty defaulted, which only cost us taxpayers about $60 million.

As a result of the Whitewater investigations 15 people were convicted, including the McDougals and Arkansas governor Jim Guy Tucker for fraud. Also earning a free trip to the slammer was the number three guy in the Clinton Justice Department, Web Hubbell.

That's just the CliffsNotes highlights. Google it up for some fun reading.

It's funny how the only thing they ever got President Clinton on was perjury for lying about a BJ. After all that taxpayer money spent for all those investigations, that was the only thing they could find him guilty of.

Newt Gingrich, on the other hand, was guilty as hell:

House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker
By John E. Yang
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 22 1997; Page A01

The House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House's 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.

The ethics case and its resolution leave Gingrich with little leeway for future personal controversies, House Republicans said. Exactly one month before yesterday's vote, Gingrich admitted that he brought discredit to the House and broke its rules by failing to ensure that financing for two projects would not violate federal tax law and by giving the House ethics committee false information.

"Newt has done some things that have embarrassed House Republicans and embarrassed the House," said Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.). "If [the voters] see more of that, they will question our judgment."

Washingtonpost.com: House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker

And so, it turned out that the Speaker of the House, a man who was arguably responsible for the giant circus of investigations that occurred during the Clinton administration, should have been the one being investigated.

That's known as "irony".

actually that is known as deflection

For Gingrich, it was another humbling event in a remarkable series of peaks and valleys since 1994. That year, he led his party to the promised land of control of the House and Senate, only to threaten it when he was blamed for two partial government shutdowns during the battle over the budget, making him seem reckless.
The only thing reckless about the shutdown was that a nearly empty west wing meant that Clinton was left alone with an intern.

The only good thing Clinton ever did for us was to show us a really good way to add moisture to our cigars.

Clinton is a no account slime ball with no redeeming characteristics. No wonder he is a favorite of the liberal sheep.

why?

at the risk of incurring a ladies wrath..how old are you?

She's apparently not quite old enough to vote thank God

Last edited:

Why was he disbarred?

Forum List

Back