A tribute to good 80's music

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
A hear people frequently say that there was no good music written and recorded in the 80's. I say they're full of crap.

Just off the top of my head I can list 20 80's albums from 5 different bands that are all really good, if not great.

Rush:
Moving Pictures
Grace Under Pressure
Signals
Power Windows
Hold Your Fire

Metallica:
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice for All

Iron Maiden:
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

GnR:
Appetite for Destruction
GnR Lies

Pink Floyd:
The Wall (technically released in Nov. 1979, but since it's heyday of popularity was the 80's I say it qualifies)
The Final Cut
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Please add to my list all the good stuff from the 80's that is missing.

Billy Squier: Don't Say No, In the Dark, Rock me tonite, Lonely is the night, My kinda lover.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0CJqMK6f0&feature=PlayList&p=3355BF199398A70B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1[/ame]

A hear people frequently say that there was no good music written and recorded in the 80's. I say they're full of crap.
To many, the massive amount of pure garbage that came out of the 80s overshadows the really good stuff.

Good thread btw!

If you say so. But I don't listen to the garbage so it doesn't overshadow anything for me. :cool:

To many, the massive amount of pure garbage that came out of the 80s overshadows the really good stuff.

Good thread btw!

If you say so. But I don't listen to the garbage so it doesn't overshadow anything for me. :cool:
The sales, repetition and propagation of the garbage is what overwhelmed the good stuff, for the average, non-musical, indiscriminate, casual, top-40 listener in the 80s.

That equals, the masses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGl_p1j_8bE]YouTube - shout tears for fears (video original)[/ame]

Forum List

Back