A traitorous scumbag died 142 years ago today

He was a traitor to the United States Of America.

I think Americans think a lot of people are traitors to their country. They will be saying that about Julian Assange when he dies, too.

Assange isn't American so it's unlikely we'll call him a traitor to the United States. When he dies, he will be what he is in life... a self serving little fuck who cares more about lining his pocket than the security of other people.

I look forward to dancing on his grave.

And if I saw you spitting on his grave your next meal would be your own teeth. The man was a true American Patriot who believed in the Constitution, which by the way gave his state of Virgnia the right to secede from the United States, and the rule of law. You aren't worthy to clean the horseshit off of this man's boots you little pissant. His grave is pretty close to where I live, so any time you feel like spitting on his grave let me know ok, I'll meet ya there?

The real traitor to the USA was not Lee, but Lincoln.

Old Lying Abe prosecuted a horrendous war against follow Americans primarily to attain statist goals, while repeatedly abrogating the Constitution. His Gettysburg Address is the biggest pile of steaming cow shit in all of American history.

Do not believe the statist lies. It is apparent the indoctrination you suffered in the government schools like most Americans, has warped your brain. If only ALL Americans knew the TRUTH!!!

The conflict between Federalism and State's rights was inevitable in this nation and would have led to war eventually no matter what. That being said, as horrible as the Civil War was, we are lucky to have had an opponent like Lee who, after the War, set an example for model behavior in reconstruction.

I suppose it's fair to call Lee a "traitor", but he was also an honorable man and a brilliant General Officer.

And if I saw you spitting on his grave your next meal would be your own teeth. The man was a true American Patriot who believed in the Constitution, which by the way gave his state of Virgnia the right to secede from the United States, and the rule of law. You aren't worthy to clean the horseshit off of this man's boots you little pissant. His grave is pretty close to where I live, so any time you feel like spitting on his grave let me know ok, I'll meet ya there?

No where in the constitution is secession guaranteed.

He was a traitor to the United States Of America.

I think Americans think a lot of people are traitors to their country. They will be saying that about Julian Assange when he dies, too.

Julian Assange can be a lot of things, but he can't be a traitor to the United States. He's not even a citizen of the United States so he can't, by definition, be a traitor. The traitor would have to be Bradley Manning who was mad at his gay boyfriend for dumping him.

Which is irrelevant according to the 10th Amendment. What's relevant is that nowhere in the Constitution is secession restricted.

internet+tough+guy.jpg

:lol:

The conflict between Federalism and State's rights was inevitable in this nation and would have led to war eventually no matter what. That being said, as horrible as the Civil War was, we are lucky to have had an opponent like Lee who, after the War, set an example for model behavior in reconstruction.

I suppose it's fair to call Lee a "traitor", but he was also an honorable man and a brilliant General Officer.

Are you admitting that a power hungry central government is the real cause of the Civil War, not slavery?

The 10th Amendment explicitly states that all powers not delegated to the United States, nor reserved for the United States, are reserved by the states. Since you just admitted that the power of secession is not mentioned in the constitution it is clear to any honest person, which excludes you, that the power to secede belonged to the states until the United States came and took it away by force.

Last edited:

Now that is the most absurd statement I have heard in a long time....well at least since I last heard the two dummies running for president speak.

Where does it say that it isn't? PER 1865
oh and there are 5 states I believe can secede from the union
Furthermore if the Federal government does not uphold Article IV, Clause 4 of the Constitution a state can in fact secede.

He actually granted amnesty, not pardons, there is a difference. Since you brought up the fact that the 14th Amendment stripped the Confederates of their citizenship, I feel compelled to point out that, since Congress retroactively restore Lee's rights to a point before he lost them, he never actually lost them.

Hmmmm.......so if I can't make my mortgage payment because I am in a legal dispute with my employer and I lose my house, and a year later I win the case and get back pay retroactive to before that time....does that mean I never lost my house?

I mean come on guys. The whole point is that Lee wasn't charged because of political reasons. It wasn't because he was so revered by north and south that no one would dream of doing so. There were MANY in the north that wanted his head on a pike...perhaps even most.
perhaps even most.
If that were true then most of the leadership[ of the Confederacy would have been hanged,

President Lincoln primary goal was preservation of the Union. He achieved that, and understood that punishing the South by wholesale prosecution of it's leadership would not further that goal.

The southern leadership had a far differant vision of the kind of nation that the US should be than did Lincoln. Lincoln prevailed, and the world is far better for it.

Please refrain from bloviating on a subject you are obviously ignorant on. NY, VA and RI all included clauses that gave them the right to secede from the union BEFORE they would ratify the Constitution and a right granted to one state is automatically granted to all states THAT IS IN THE CONSTITUTION. Without the retention of that right, the right to secede, NY, VA and RI would never have ratified the Constitution and there may never have been a United States. So sad to see so much ingnorance regarding our founding. VA had EVERY legal right to secede from the Union, and by law so did the other states that did so. Therefore Lincoln illegally invaded the Soveriegn state of Va duruing the Battle of 1st Manasas which started the War of Northern Agression that killed hundreds of thousands of Patriotic American citizens who wanted nothing more than to live as free men out from under the control of an oppressive federal govt.

I find little in my heart to forgive the confederacy for trying to destroy the union.

And justifying it by claiming "it was about states rights" is nonsense.

the ONLY right that was in question was SLAVERY!

or, to put it in ACTUAL REALITY;

lazy plantation owners who didn' t want to do ANY WORK were perfectly willing to enslave, beat and kill human beings so they could sit around drinking mint julips and raping the cute black slaves

but it is my impression that Lee was placed in the horns of a dilemna and was more or less forced to make a choice

the Union which he still felt loyalty to

or Virginia and the confederacy that he ALSO felt loyalty to

In the end he made the wrong choice but I forgive him
I believe that choice and the whole business of the war was a pain in his heart until he died

but
I could be wrong

I find little in my heart to forgive the confederacy for trying to destroy the union.

And justifying it by claiming "it was about states rights" is nonsense.

the ONLY right that was in question was SLAVERY!

or, to put it in ACTUAL REALITY;

lazy plantation owners who didn' t want to do ANY WORK were perfectly willing to enslave, beat and kill human beings so they could sit around drinking mint julips and raping the cute black slaves

but it is my impression that Lee was paced in the horns of a dilemna and was more or less forced to make a choice

the Union which he still felt loyalty to

or Virginia and the confederacy that he ALSO felt loyalty to

In the end he made the wrong choice but I forgive him
I believe that choice and the whole business of the war was a pain in his heart until he died

but
I could be wrong

I stopped reading when I got the portion I highlighted in Red, I realized then you where an ignoramous who knew absolutely nothing on the subject.

Therefore Lincoln illegally invaded the Soveriegn state of Va duruing the Battle of 1st Manasas which started the War of Northern Agression that killed hundreds of thousands of Patriotic American citizens who wanted nothing more than to live as free men out from under the control of an oppressive federal govt.

I've never understood this line of reasoning.

I say this without a trace of malice at all and completely out of intellectual debate. How can you rationalize fighting to "live as free men" when they were enslaving others?

New Topics

Forum List

Back