A tragedy is no reason

27893_10151178360515143_520083557_n.jpg

This is Victoria. She died a hero today. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students. Please pass this on if you see it. She deserves to be remembered for her bravery.

Source FB

We live in a free society. Tragedies are going to happen. Those of you willing to lose freedom to stop what can not be stopped are either to emotional or to stupid to understand what you are proposing.

Unbelievable the things people will support because of a tragedy that probably could not be stopped no matter what we do.

You would lock people up because the behave different then you, you would strip protections promised in the Constitution to prevent the unpreventable.

Step back and LOOK at what you are willing to sacrifice because of a tragedy that will happen again at some point no matter what steps you take.

Strange.... now you sound like I did after 911 when I spoke out against the Patriot act and was told I was unamerican, etc.

We live in a free society. Tragedies are going to happen. Those of you willing to lose freedom to stop what can not be stopped are either to emotional or to stupid to understand what you are proposing.

Unbelievable the things people will support because of a tragedy that probably could not be stopped no matter what we do.

You would lock people up because the behave different then you, you would strip protections promised in the Constitution to prevent the unpreventable.

Step back and LOOK at what you are willing to sacrifice because of a tragedy that will happen again at some point no matter what steps you take.

Strange.... now you sound like I did after 911 when I spoke out against the Patriot act and was told I was unamerican, etc.

911 = school shootings?

Until I see Foreign Nationals flying planes into American Schools, believing anyone is sounding like you after 911 is a bit silly.

911 = school shootings?

Until I see Foreign Nationals flying planes into American Schools, believing anyone is sounding like you after 911 is a bit silly.

I knew your limited squiness would fail to comprehend the parallel.

You'd think the anti constitution, anti firearms scum would just STFU and let people grieve.

They have no common decency.

This tool wants us to believe that 20 children have to die so they can exploit that to punish legal, law abiding firearm owners and infringe on the second amendment. What a load of crap!!

shut up welcher, your opinion is irrelevant, coward.
I surely enjoy seeing you upset. Gives me new purpose to be here.

Read my posts or put me on ignore.

Your choice dick for brains.

it doesn't upset me in the least. Im just calling you what you are. A welcher with zero honor. The more people know what you are the better

The 20 children and six adults killed in the Newtown school massacre were all shot multiple times, many with a rifle, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner said Saturday.

The children – 12 girls and eight boys – were all 6 or 7 years old, Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at an afternoon news briefing.

“This is a very devastating set of injuries,” Carver said. “I believe everyone was hit more than once.”

Carver said he personally performed seven autopsies and those children had between three and 11 wounds each. Two were shot at close range, the others at a distance.

Asked whether they suffered, he grimly replied, “Not for very long.”

Conn. school massacre victims all shot multiple times, chief medical officer says - U.S. News

You gun nuts don't seem to care about this at all. I PRAY that your guns are taken away. You're all crazy.

Wow! Progressives should be happy, this constitutes retroactive abortion at its finest...and in a community of those filthy, greedy, wealthy scum. Yay! Go Progressives!!!

Uscitzen don't even bother wine these fukers, they are retarded.

I guess squiddy does not consider both 911 and the Sandy Hook school shootings as tragedys?

In another thread one said that htere were many thousands of schools with no mass shootings, To which I replied that in 911 there were many thousands of buildings with no planes crashing into them.

Seems comparable to me.

Last edited:

Agreed. I'm on the Left and I agree that freedom is more valuable than safety.

We would all like to get rid of evil doers, but not at the cost of living in a police state. When I go on a plane or in a NY skyscraper, I might be the victim of terrorist attack. I will take that risk, but most Conservatives would rather empower Big Government to protect them. They believe that Big Government is competent enough to fight evil and improve the world. I believe in the law of unintended consequences; meaning: if you give government more power to protect you, they will mismanage that power and make things worse.

My Republican friends disagree with me. They trust government to protect us. Study the War on Terrorism and the Power Bush Gave to Big Government.

After 9/11 George Bush created the Patriot Act and the Department of Homeland Security. Both these things gave Big Government sweeping new powers to invade the privacy of American citizens based on the promise of keeping them safe from evil doers. Prior to the Bush Surveillance State, citizens were legally protected from the prying eyes of incompetent, unelected bureaucrats. In order to listen to phone calls, track internet use, or track financial behavior the Government had to go through a rigorous warrant process (which process was designed to protect free citizens from the incompetence of Big Government). Bush dismantled these protections by successfully convincing people that Big Government was competent enough to handle the increased power. The result is that we now have a government which has greater power to watch and jail free citizens based solely on the discretion of government bureaucrats (without judicial oversight, which Bush removed). The Bush legal team actually broke down the legal distinction between citizen and enemy combatant. By making it easier to prove someone might be an enemy combatant, he made it easier for government to obtain warrants to surveil anyone the administration didn't like, including political enemies and war protesters.

This is EXACTLY what happened in the Soviet Union. They used legitimate national security threats to grow the power of the State. Then, corrupt politicians used this expanded power to surveil the political opposition until they caught them in a trap. You remember the famous phrase: "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime".

This is how Bush got Eliot Spitzer, the most vocal critic of the Bush administration's roll in the housing meltdown. The Bush Fed used the Patriot Act to track Spitzer's financial activity. The minute he withdrew over 10K, they set up surveillance over his entire life until the caught him in a web. The Patriot Act was supposed to help protect us against terrorism not prostitution, but the Patriot Act was used by government to hunt the political opposition - ala Soviet Union. [They weren't worried about keeping us safer; they were worried about consolidating their own power by eliminating opponents of their policies. This is why you don't give more power to Government: because the people wielding that power are only human, and humans are imperfect and prone to corruption and incompetence. This is why Libertarians don't like concentrated power by definition because they don't think such concentrated power can be effectively used by flawed humans, even if well meaning. I wish the GOP understood this]

Governments always use national security to grow the power of the state - and they always depend on scared citizens to go along with it. And, typically, Republican voters tend to be more scared than other voting blocks. This is why they gave Bush so much power to grow Big Government - because they were so scared that they believed it was worth giving government more power to protect them. And this is why I am so afraid of the Republicans regaining power. Consider what they've done (not what they say). They strategically used the Cold War and War on Terrorism to give greater amounts of power to Washington than LBJ could have ever dreamed. Same thing with the Reagan War on Drugs. It gave Washington vast new powers over the states. This is why the Bush Fed raided legally sanctioned medicinal marijuana facilities in California. The Bush Fed had contempt for the freedom and power of the states. They had contempt for the fact the Californians freely voted for medical marijuana. The Bush Fed erected an iron curtain over the states and ignored their right to control their own destiny through freedom. This is what Republicans do: they grow government while professing to be against Big Government. And the only people who buy into their bullshit are trapped inside the information bubble of Big Government (otherwise known as Movement Conservatism, which is an overlapping set of institutions that funnel the money of big business into elections, lobbying and media in order to shape laws and opinion).

Anyway, I agree with the original poster. Creating a police state will not stop evil, it will only increase the likelihood that free citizens will be victimized by the law of unintended consequences AKA giving government too much power.

I wish I could get more Republicans to stop trading freedom for the illusion of safety. It is more likely that you will die in a lightening strike than a terrorist attack, so I ask you RetiredGySgt (with whom I agree): why did the GOP party create this. Click here: A hidden world, growing beyond control | washingtonpost.com

Silly Republicans. You can't defeat evil by growing Government. You can only make the world worse for free citizens. Man-up and learn how to protect your own family. Be your own first responder. Stop growing government based on the illusion of total safety. Stop your color coded fear games on FOX News and realize that "Fear over Terrorism" is a Republican tool for growing Big Government. Yes, terrorism is real, but you sissies need to heed the slightly modified words of a great man.

"Hi, I'm from the Government and I'm here to Protect You"

(God Help Us. What if the GOP comes back in 2016 and re-kindles the War on Terrorism so that they can keep growing the Bush Surveillance State. God Help Us.)

Last edited:
You think the gun nuts and NRA scum would just STFU and let people grieve.

They have no common decency.

This tool wants us to believe that 20 children have to die so we can remain 'free'. What a load of crap!!

So throw some money around, pass some laws, expect the problem to go poof, and by all means launch a few expletives toward those that abide by the law? I would think by now a mature grown man would have realized that the problem is directly related to the decay in our society and not with those that have a strong moral foundation and respect for the law.

So says another sick fuck with a gun in his avatar. You assholes are the problem. And, yes, we will take your people guns away. Long past time.

So much more fun to sacrifice a dozen or two children so you can have war weopons flooding our streets.

Don't even try to deny that is not what you are saying. We are not talking the hunting guns I grew up with. These assault weopons with multi-tens clips, and pistols with 15 to 20 shots are people guns, designed only to kill other people. And, boy, how they have been doing that this week. First, a mall in Oregon, then a school in Conneticut, and some wounded now in Alabama. You NRA types must really be proud now. Merry Christmas from you and the NRA to the rest of the nation.

Your founding fathers could not have forseen the advent of assault rifles or other automatic weapons. If they had been able to, then these tragedies wouldn't take place and the 2nd amendment wouldn't exist. It's just a pity that some Americans think they still live in the wild west and find this amendment so critical to their sense of what they call 'freedom'.

The founders foresaw the people having weapons equal to those of the government, the primary reason for the 2nd Amendment is to maintain the ability of the people to overthrow a tyrannical government. The second purpose was to allow people to protect themselves and they use guns about 2 million time a year to do so, I guess you would prefer an additional million or so victims without guns.

Dumb asshole. You are going to take on an Apache helicopter with your popgun, right?

This is the inevitable result of flooding the nation with guns that are designed to kill people rapidly in large numbers. And your answer continues to be to add fuel to the fire.

Enough already.

27893_10151178360515143_520083557_n.jpg

This is Victoria. She died a hero today. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students. Please pass this on if you see it. She deserves to be remembered for her bravery.

Source FB

I saw on the news that she was only 27 years old. So awfully sad. What a beautiful, special woman. She really is a hero.

Your founding fathers could not have forseen the advent of assault rifles or other automatic weapons. If they had been able to, then these tragedies wouldn't take place and the 2nd amendment wouldn't exist. It's just a pity that some Americans think they still live in the wild west and find this amendment so critical to their sense of what they call 'freedom'.

The founders foresaw the people having weapons equal to those of the government, the primary reason for the 2nd Amendment is to maintain the ability of the people to overthrow a tyrannical government. The second purpose was to allow people to protect themselves and they use guns about 2 million time a year to do so, I guess you would prefer an additional million or so victims without guns.

Your argument is as weak as you. The answer your suggesting is wrong, the better answer is NOT to have Americans armed to the teeth. I guess you were watching bill o'fucker cause that's the way he framed then argument. He was talking about the mass shooting in Colorado though. Saying if a gunman walks into the movies, would you rather be on the floor or have a gun your self. When you put it that way, anyone will say they would rather have a gun, but what should be the argument is how to stop him from going the the movies in the first place, look we had 2 mass shootings this week, you answer give people ore guns? That is wrong, it will make things worse, not better.

First 2 people shot does not equal a mass shooting, the guy in Oregon must have been a lousy shot. Second the guy in CO chose that theater because it was the only one in the area that didn't allow concealed carry on the premises, he knew there would be no opposition. And fyi I've used the same argument for decades, unlike most libs I form my own opinions, I don't get my talking points from other people.

Why didn't you address my two points fully, one being the fact the Americans use guns for personal protection 2 million times a year, and the other being the primary reason for the 2nd amendment. Also you didn't answer my question, would you prefer another million or so more victims, that you would disarm?

Last edited:

I agree with you on the patriot act, don't agree with the TSA either.

Agreed. I'm on the Left and I agree that freedom is more valuable than safety.

We would all like to get rid of evil doers, but not at the cost of living in a police state. When I go on a plane or in a NY skyscraper, I might be the victim of terrorist attack. I will take that risk, but most Conservatives would rather empower Big Government to protect them. They believe that Big Government is competent enough to fight evil and improve the world. I believe in the law of unintended consequences; meaning: if you give government more power to protect you, they will mismanage that power and make things worse.

My Republican friends disagree with me. They trust government to protect us. Study the War on Terrorism and the Power Bush Gave to Big Government.

After 9/11 George Bush created the Patriot Act and the Department of Homeland Security. Both these things gave Big Government sweeping new powers to invade the privacy of American citizens based on the promise of keeping them safe from evil doers. Prior to the Bush Surveillance State, citizens were legally protected from the prying eyes of incompetent, unelected bureaucrats. In order to listen to phone calls, track internet use, or track financial behavior the Government had to go through a rigorous warrant process (which process was designed to protect free citizens from the incompetence of Big Government). Bush dismantled these protections by successfully convincing people that Big Government was competent enough to handle the increased power. The result is that we now have a government which has greater power to watch and jail free citizens based solely on the discretion of government bureaucrats (without judicial oversight, which Bush removed). The Bush legal team actually broke down the legal distinction between citizen and enemy combatant. By making it easier to prove someone might be an enemy combatant, he made it easier for government to obtain warrants to surveil anyone the administration didn't like, including political enemies and war protesters.

This is EXACTLY what happened in the Soviet Union. They used legitimate national security threats to grow the power of the State. Then, corrupt politicians used this expanded power to surveil the political opposition until they caught them in a trap. You remember the famous phrase: "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime".

This is how Bush got Eliot Spitzer, the most vocal critic of the Bush administration's roll in the housing meltdown. The Bush Fed used the Patriot Act to track Spitzer's financial activity. The minute he withdrew over 10K, they set up surveillance over his entire life until the caught him in a web. The Patriot Act was supposed to help protect us against terrorism not prostitution, but the Patriot Act was used by government to hunt the political opposition - ala Soviet Union. [They weren't worried about keeping us safer; they were worried about consolidating their own power by eliminating opponents of their policies. This is why you don't give more power to Government: because the people wielding that power are only human, and humans are imperfect and prone to corruption and incompetence. This is why Libertarians don't like concentrated power by definition because they don't think such concentrated power can be effectively used by flawed humans, even if well meaning. I wish the GOP understood this]

Governments always use national security to grow the power of the state - and they always depend on scared citizens to go along with it. And, typically, Republican voters tend to be more scared than other voting blocks. This is why they gave Bush so much power to grow Big Government - because they were so scared that they believed it was worth giving government more power to protect them. And this is why I am so afraid of the Republicans regaining power. Consider what they've done (not what they say). They strategically used the Cold War and War on Terrorism to give greater amounts of power to Washington than LBJ could have ever dreamed. Same thing with the Reagan War on Drugs. It gave Washington vast new powers over the states. This is why the Bush Fed raided legally sanctioned medicinal marijuana facilities in California. The Bush Fed had contempt for the freedom and power of the states. They had contempt for the fact the Californians freely voted for medical marijuana. The Bush Fed erected an iron curtain over the states and ignored their right to control their own destiny through freedom. This is what Republicans do: they grow government while professing to be against Big Government. And the only people who buy into their bullshit are trapped inside the information bubble of Big Government (otherwise known as Movement Conservatism, which is an overlapping set of institutions that funnel the money of big business into elections, lobbying and media in order to shape laws and opinion).

Anyway, I agree with the original poster. Creating a police state will not stop evil, it will only increase the likelihood that free citizens will be victimized by the law of unintended consequences AKA giving government too much power.

I wish I could get more Republicans to stop trading freedom for the illusion of safety. It is more likely that you will die in a lightening strike than a terrorist attack, so I ask you RetiredGySgt (with whom I agree): why did the GOP party create this. Click here: A hidden world, growing beyond control | washingtonpost.com

Silly Republicans. You can't defeat evil by growing Government. You can only make the world worse for free citizens. Man-up and learn how to protect your own family. Be your own first responder. Stop growing government based on the illusion of total safety. Stop your color coded fear games on FOX News and realize that "Fear over Terrorism" is a Republican tool for growing Big Government. Yes, terrorism is real, but you sissies need to heed the slightly modified words of a great man.

"Hi, I'm from the Government and I'm here to Protect You"

(God Help Us. What if the GOP comes back in 2016 and re-kindles the War on Terrorism so that they can keep growing the Bush Surveillance State. God Help Us.)

You seem to be making a butt load of assumptions about republicans that aren't necessarily true.

Dumb asshole. You are going to take on an Apache helicopter with your popgun, right?

This is the inevitable result of flooding the nation with guns that are designed to kill people rapidly in large numbers. And your answer continues to be to add fuel to the fire.

Enough already.

I guess you've never taken a military oath, if you had you would know that you swear to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. So why would you think that the majority of US military personnel would shoot at their own citizens? I can think of very few circumstances where that would be a lawful order. Police and other law enforcement take the same oath. So if you want to forgo your rights so be it, but if you come after mine, we'll have problems.

BTW why do you commies always ignore the fact that guns are used to prevent crime by citizens 2 million times a year?

Last edited:

Enough already.

I guess you've never taken a military oath, if you had you would know that you swear to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. So why would you think that the majority of US military personnel would shoot at their own citizens? I can think of very few circumstances where that would be a lawful order. Police and other law enforcement take the same oath. So if you want to forgo your rights so be it, but if you come after mine, we'll have problems.

I did take the miltiary oath, and frankly, if some redneck assholes were revolting against the legally elected government of that time, I would have shot them without a second thought. So would have most of the guys in my unit.

Please don't think your radical fringe is represented by most Americans.

[BTW why do you commies always ignore the fact that guns are used to prevent crime by citizens 2 million times a year?

Because it really isn't true.

Forum List

Back