A topic for objective conversation

At birth, the white baby is more likely to be born into a 2 parent household, is more likely to be raised by better educated parents, is less likely to face discrimination because of the color of his/her skin. The white child is more likely to have more positive role models thru the formative years.

Those are just a few differences off the top of my head.

Please reread my post and answer the questions I asked AT THE POINT OF BIRTH. If it helps, you can assume that both babies are born into similar households with similar educations.

But at least you responded. It appears that no one else is willing to discuss this issue. Why is that?
If the children are born into similiar households, money, parents etc the disadvantage still begins prior to birth. The prejudices the medical staff carry can create a disadvantage for the Black child.
You are assuming all the medical staff is white?

Nope. I am assuming that there are more white people in policy making roles.

Racist medicine: a history of race and health | OUPblog
And you are assuming all white doctors are racist?
He assumes all whites are racist.

OK, here are the questions. (I am interested in problem identification and solution, not speeches.)

A White baby and a Black baby are born at the same time in the same hospital. AT THAT TIME, is it more likely that the White baby is "advantaged" and the Black baby "disadvantaged?"

1. If so, what what advantages and disadvantages are affecting these newborns?

2. If not, when and how do these advantages and disadvantages first appear?

3. Are there specific, demonstrated measures that will remove these disadvantages?

4. If so, what are they?

At the point of birth, and with the only qualifiers being skin color ...
The only advantage or disadvantage anyone can assume ...
Is the product of their own prejudiced view of how anything will turn out for either child.

There's nothing broken in the babies ...
Only how we choose to influence them from that point on ... :thup:

Last edited:
Explain. There really is no difference. Your mental is actually your physical. There is no separation. It all comes from the brain.

Ah, back to word games again. Is that your comfort zone?

If both children are born into households with two hetero parents with at least a two-year college education, both holding middle-income jobs, there would be no real difference in the outcome for either child. Going forward, there are so many variables that it would be impossible to determine which child would eventually be more successful.

Actually this is untrue.

OK, here are the questions. (I am interested in problem identification and solution, not speeches.)

A White baby and a Black baby are born at the same time in the same hospital. AT THAT TIME, is it more likely that the White baby is "advantaged" and the Black baby "disadvantaged?"

3. Are there specific, demonstrated measures that will remove these disadvantages?

4. If so, what are they?

At the point of birth, and with the only qualifiers being skin color ...
The only advantage or disadvantage anyone can assume ...
Is the product of their own prejudiced view of how anything will turn out for either child.

There's nothing broken in the babies ...
Only how we choose to influence them from that point on ... :thup:

Wishful thinking not based on reality.

4. If so, what are they?

1. The white baby is likely to grow up with a father in his or her life. Most likely won’t be taught to blame others for failures, and is less likely to break the law or be shot to death by members of his or her own community.

2. Readily apparent.

3. No, they can only be removed by the child or the parents.

4. Also obvious.

4. If so, what are they?

1. The white baby is likely to grow up with a father in his or her life. Most likely won’t be taught to blame others for failures, and is less likely to break the law or be shot to death by members of his or her own community.

2. Readily apparent.

4. Also obvious.

And this is why these conversations go bad. How do you explain the white baby that grows up with daddy sneaking into the bedroom every night molesting the child starting at age 3 until it leaves home with mom knowing it's going on and does nothing? The white kid is more likely to break he law and given a light punishment, and will face the possibility of being killed by members in his/her community just as much as he black kid.

4. If so, what are they?

2. Readily apparent.

4. Also obvious.

And this is why these conversations go bad. How do you explain the white baby that grows up with daddy sneaking into the bedroom every night molesting the child starting at age 3 until it leaves home with mom knowing it's going on and does nothing? The white kid is more likely to break he law and given a light punishment, and will face the possibility of being killed by members in his/her community just as much as he black kid.

That is a ridiculous argument. Black fathers can’t molest their kids? Is that what you are saying? If you want to itemize all the things we can think of that could happen, I can match you on each one and show statistics to back mine up. Care to claim I’m wrong about black kids more likely to get killed by black People? Really?

The only systematic advantage is with the black baby who is privileged when it comes to educational and employment opportunities by virtue of affirmative action.

Any other comparison is strictly according to the circumstances of birth.

4. If so, what are they?

2. Readily apparent.

4. Also obvious.

Your ASSumptions are absurd

If both children are born into households with two hetero parents with at least a two-year college education, both holding middle-income jobs, there would be no real difference in the outcome for either child. Going forward, there are so many variables that it would be impossible to determine which child would eventually be more successful.

Actually this is untrue.

Why don't you say WHY it is untrue instead of posting a bumper sticker slogan?

4. If so, what are they?

2. Readily apparent.

4. Also obvious.

What is wrong with you people? I asked what advantages or disadvantages exist AT THE POINT OF BIRTH between a white baby and a black baby born at the same hospital, not what is likely to occur at a later date. The only semi-relevant response to this question was a vague assertion of inadequate prenatal care, although there was no followup as to how this might affect the newborn baby.

Please reread the OP and answer the question.

Why don't you say WHY it is untrue instead of posting a bumper sticker slogan?

At the point of birth ... With no other considerations than skin color ...
The only difference the babies could expect are the differences we impose on them in accordance with what we already think.

There is no advantage or disadvantage the babies bring with them ...
Except what they must endure as a product of our preexisting problems ... :thup:

4. If so, what are they?

2. Readily apparent.

4. Also obvious.

What is wrong with you people? I asked what advantages or disadvantages exist AT THE POINT OF BIRTH between a white baby and a black baby born at the same hospital, not what is likely to occur at a later date. The only semi-relevant response to this question was a vague assertion of inadequate prenatal care, although there was no followup as to how this might affect the newborn baby.

Please reread the OP and answer the question.

Well that's a silly question then. There are no advantages or disadvantages at the time of birth. Why ask that question at all?

Well that's a silly question then. There are no advantages or disadvantages at the time of birth. Why ask that question at all?

The question and the answer are simple.
Complicating either demonstrates the problem ... :thup:

.​

The white baby is more likely to be born to a mom who had prenatal care, and who was more likely to be taken more seriously by her doctor.

The black baby is more likely to be born to a mom who is attended by a doctor with biases against her.
How so?
It's been proven that doctors don't treat black women the same, read not as nice as, white women.

For instance, they perceive/imagine, that they have a higher threshold for pain, and lots of other things that tend to lead to more complications, sometimes death.

Perception is reality, so if a doctor perceives things about you, and he/she is the one working on you, you're at their mercy.

That's the problem.

No, I don't have a predetermined direction. I am frustrated by the current state of race relations and would like to steer the conversation towards specific problem identification and concrete solutions.

P.S. Don't we already have programs in place (e.g., WIC) for prenatal care? If these are insufficient, how should they be improved or replaced?
I'm curious as to what state you believe they are, how we got there, and when were they better.

I believe these answers are germane to this thread.

Forum List

Back