A toast..............

I don't have any wine in the house. Just a bottle of rum....and some Pepsi. I don't reckon God will mind tho, what we toast with...amirite??

Think about this for a minute............

We're told REPEATEDLY by the Christians that we're supposed to make a friend in Yeshua and Father.

When my friends come over, whenever I offer them whatever I have, that is what we drink.

Nope, I don't think God would mind the rum. Besides, in the Heaven for sailors (Fiddler's Green), there is lots of rum AND cannabis.

Well....K then, I'll share my rum, just as long as I have enough left for pina coladas *smiles*
But I don't want any cannabis...and since it's my house, I don't want God bringing any cannabis in my home anyway :tongue:
(now you know why God prolly hates me)

I don't have any wine in the house. Just a bottle of rum....and some Pepsi. I don't reckon God will mind tho, what we toast with...amirite??

Think about this for a minute............

We're told REPEATEDLY by the Christians that we're supposed to make a friend in Yeshua and Father.

When my friends come over, whenever I offer them whatever I have, that is what we drink.

Nope, I don't think God would mind the rum. Besides, in the Heaven for sailors (Fiddler's Green), there is lots of rum AND cannabis.

Well....K then, I'll share my rum, just as long as I have enough left for pina coladas *smiles*
But I don't want any cannabis...and since it's my house, I don't want God bringing any cannabis in my home anyway :tongue:
(now you know why God prolly hates me)

I didn't say anything about YOUR house, just referenced the Fiddler's Green thing.

BTW..........did you know that cannabis was one of the ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil of the Kings of Israel? It has also been archaeologically proven to exist in Biblical Israel as both medicine and recreation.

God made everything.

Thus, God made beer.

I raise a toast to God Almighty, and thank Him for everything.

Joking aside, the notion of "do this in remembrance of Me" seems to suggest that we should simply remember God whenever we enjoy any of the fruits of His creation. It seems to suggest that maybe we shouldn't take anything for granted, but instead we should remember the Source of everything.

Buty, then again, I am not all that religious. So I could easily be wrong here.

By jove, I think you've got it old man!

Good job. (I'd rep you but I already did).

You know........whenever people are gathered together in celebration, whether it be a wedding, someone gets a promotion or a new job, in some cases wakes, and lots of times in rememberance, they tend to drink a toast to the person or the event that they are celebrating.

We take time to toast many of the changes in our lives, but one quick question............

Why is it that you never hear of people drinking a toast to God? You would think, that in our lives, we could take the time out of a day to raise a glass and say thank you to the Creator for giving us a nice place to live and friends and loved ones in our lives.

Why not take a moment next time you think about it to drink a toast to Father?

After all, it states in the Bible that "wine is a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

No. The Bible doesn't say that at all. Probably why you can't quote the scripture.

In fact, I just did a search for the quote. The only mention of it on the internet is this post.

You know........whenever people are gathered together in celebration, whether it be a wedding, someone gets a promotion or a new job, in some cases wakes, and lots of times in rememberance, they tend to drink a toast to the person or the event that they are celebrating.

We take time to toast many of the changes in our lives, but one quick question............

Why is it that you never hear of people drinking a toast to God? You would think, that in our lives, we could take the time out of a day to raise a glass and say thank you to the Creator for giving us a nice place to live and friends and loved ones in our lives.

Why not take a moment next time you think about it to drink a toast to Father?

After all, it states in the Bible that "wine is a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

No. The Bible doesn't say that at all. Probably why you can't quote the scripture.

In fact, I just did a search for the quote. The only mention of it on the internet is this post.

Is Wine Forbidden in the Bible?

It's a Catholic web site.

And........fwiw.........I heard that statment from Father Martin (a Catholic priest) who gave AA talks titled "Chalk Talk". He gives the reference in there.

You can get it from a Catholic website all you want. The quote you gave is not in the Bible.

Forum List

Back