A thought about Newt's problem

Folks, let me tell you right up front I have not gone to find the statistics to verify what I'm about to say. The language should indicate that.

It is my understanding that about 50% of all marriages in the United States ends in divorce, might be more might be less, but the number is large. It is also my understanding that along with money problems infidelity is a major cause of those divorces. Further, it is my understanding that most of those infidelities originate at work.

And here we have Newt and his history, too sordid to repeat and well enough known that it doesn't require repeating. And we have his ever-silent bride too, the one who Newt was pleasuring himself with while still married to wife number two. And somehow I can not imagine any jilted ex-wife in the country voting to let Newt's third call herself First Lady. I just can't see it happening. One also wonder's what stance the churches will take on this, will they welcome a First Lady who is an admitted adulteress?

I think this is Newt's biggest problem.
Newt is the only candidate who says he will fix the southern border problem in the USA. I'm pretty sure he will do just that.
He also will not be pushed around over judicial appointments.
He's going to go for job opportunity incentives and strengthen states rights.

Nobody else will fix the border. Nobody.

LOL... Nutty for Newtie I see. What a dumb post btw. Newt is the softest person on illegal immigration, I base that on the fact that he also supported the last Amnesty and when he was speaker of the house he made no effort to enforce the laws that he claims were put in place by Reagan (and Newtie.)

Newt is and always has been part of the problem with this country.

Newt is the only candidate who says he will fix the southern border problem in the USA. I'm pretty sure he will do just that.

I do agree with those observations about Newt, also, FB. I have faith he would do the hard things, if elected, but it looks like Romney is a shoe-in for Florida? I want the man who can beat Obama to win, the nomination.
We voters here in Florida resent (as we do everywhere else in the primaries/caucuses) the Media and pundits announcing outcome by pre-polls before a vote has been cast in the primaries/caucuses.

It's manipulation to the nth degree.
One of the reasons I seldom become involved in the primaries. By the time it makes its way to the west coast, Its usually over.

Same old double standard. We all know about JFK's womanizing with Vagas babes and who could forget MM's embarrassing (to Jackie) rendition of happy birthday? Legend has it that both the president and the attorney general shared MM. JFK was a democrat so it didn't matter. Who could forget the sleaze trailer trash that walked into the white House in the 90's? Clinton was a democrat so the bimbo eruptions didn't matter. We still have the world class enabler for her husband's infidelity working as secretary 'o state.

I think it's a huge problem. Bigger than some might think in theory. Morality is so relative these days, right? We're sophisticated and worldly, yes? And Kennedy and Clinton taught Democrats (at least) not to worry about fidelity because a man's sex life is separate from the job he does as president.

Right?

Well, I'm not so sure. I think a lot of people are going to be very reluctant to replace the current first family with Newt and Callista. Intellectually we know that Sasha and Malia will do just fine after the family leaves Washington but emotionally it will feel like we're letting Cruella De Vil kick them to the curb and turn Sasha into the little match girl.

Morality seems only to be a big problem when Republicans/conservatives are involved. There are more than plenty of instances where Democrats/liberals pulled the same shit that someone of the opposition had and the typical shitstorm that accompanies the same actions by Reps just never materialized. Infidelity, tax evasion, theft, lying, cheating, cronyism, hitting on gays in bathrooms... name you poison and you can find a list of participants from both parties involved.
I don't think the public-at-large cares all that much what Romney makes, or how many women Newt has had. Neither is that much of an issue. By the time November rolls around, it's all going to be old news, and like the racist gambit, will only affect those least informed and most likely to glean their information from shows like "American Idol".

I don't know how much you're disagreeing with me. Maybe we differ on the percentage of American Idol voters.

I don't think the public-at-large cares much about the issues either.

Even the most rational among us tend to make decisions based on our gut and then when asked why, we make up a plausible explanation which in theory could have been what motivated that decision.

Most of the public who vote might have a few slogans in their brains to back up their decisions.

But in the end I think that many will vote on emotion.

And the comparison between the current first family and the one who would take their place could form the basis for a lot of the emotion behind the vote, even if people won't admit it and in most cases won't even be aware of it.

jmho

Last edited:
Why don't we just get a bucket of rocks and go down and stone him... I am certain that you have never made mistakes in your life. That's why you're talking so self-rightous.

Bud, I'm no angel, never have been. But I managed to stay married to my one and only wife for a bit over 40 years now, so in comparison to Newt I shine.

And how much do you know about running a country? Personally, that's a lot more interesting to me than marital history, but then, I don't choose a President like I'm browsing Cupid.com.

By the way, as for how churches will react to Newt and Callista, you must not know much about Christianity, or you would know that the entire basis of it is forgiveness of sins and redemption. That's why He's called, "Christ the Redeemer". A Christian who wants to condemn someone for something they did fifteen years ago, and for which they have asked God's forgiveness, is a very bad Christian, and should know better.

Folks, let me tell you right up front I have not gone to find the statistics to verify what I'm about to say. The language should indicate that.

It is my understanding that about 50% of all marriages in the United States ends in divorce, might be more might be less, but the number is large. It is also my understanding that along with money problems infidelity is a major cause of those divorces. Further, it is my understanding that most of those infidelities originate at work.

And here we have Newt and his history, too sordid to repeat and well enough known that it doesn't require repeating. And we have his ever-silent bride too, the one who Newt was pleasuring himself with while still married to wife number two. And somehow I can not imagine any jilted ex-wife in the country voting to let Newt's third call herself First Lady. I just can't see it happening. One also wonder's what stance the churches will take on this, will they welcome a First Lady who is an admitted adulteress?

This may be important if we're voting for a MARRIAGE counselor--but we're not. You'll note that John McCain's--x-wife Carol was not invited onto ABC to air her grievances about McCain--and John McCain left Carol for Cindy. Ronald Reagan had a x-wife also--but no one looked down their noses at Nancy.

We also knew all about Bill Clinton's x-tra marital affairs and he was reelected to a second term. JFK has a very sorid past with other women. We could go on and on. But now suddenly this is an issue--that doesn't appear to be an issue with any other candidate, democrat or republican.

And it certainly didn't matter with the voters of S. Carolina--with exit polling showing that married women overwhelmingly voted for Newt Gingrich--along with Independents--and Evangelical voters.

Now--I guess if you're voting for 1st lady--then we have a problem--:lol::lol: Maybe Lady Ga Ga--should be 1st lady--after all she's very popular?

Last edited:
I do agree with those observations about Newt, also, FB. I have faith he would do the hard things, if elected, but it looks like Romney is a shoe-in for Florida? I want the man who can beat Obama to win, the nomination.
We voters here in Florida resent (as we do everywhere else in the primaries/caucuses) the Media and pundits announcing outcome by pre-polls before a vote has been cast in the primaries/caucuses.

One of the reasons I seldom become involved in the primaries. By the time it makes its way to the west coast, Its usually over.
What I found striking was I received three invites to monitor, and afterward meet the three candidates up close and personal.

I declined. I was working that night. Funnier still I was afforded the oppritunity at thier entrance to Florida...It was Newt, Romney, And Paul's campaign folks I heard from...

Well, then Newt is in good company:

Presidents we know that had affairs: James Garfield (R), Warren Harding (R), Grover Cleveland (D), FDR (D), JFK (D), who had FOUR mistresses, Dwight Eisenhower (R), Lyndon Johnson (D) and of course, Bill Clinton (D)

Just wanted to see which of Gingrich’s many problems was being addressed.

Newt's problems are myriad, but the thing about it is, Newt's problem isn't about Newt Per Se.

It's really about the divide in the GOP.

American political parties are really coalitions, and the GOP is a coalition of the business faction, which tends to be more white collar, and the Christian faction, the latter of which tends to be more blue collar.

This fracture really first became evident with the rise of Mike Huckabee. One could also trace it back to Pat Buchanan's fights with Bush-41 and Dole. You have the Wall Street-K Street axis of monied special interests, vs. the blue collar, church going folks who don't care much about Free Trade and Capital Gains Tax schemes, although they are told by Fox News and Rush that these things are really important. No really, they are. But once in a while, these folks try to get their voices heard, and the establishment slaps them down.

In 2008, the fight was short circuited by nominating McCain, someone the blue and white collar factions could both live with. This time, the establishment seems intent on just bullying the rank and file into taking Romney whom they pretty thoroughly rejected four years ago.

(Memo to GOP establishment. If someone was a loser 4 or 8 years ago. He's still a loser now.)

I think Newt is an imperfect messenger for this middle class angst, because he's bellied up to the bar enough times his damned self. But Romney is just going to be disasterous...

The liberal media has had Romney picked for the GOP candidate since day one.

It is, and that's why it is important to look at those platform items one by one, and decide which item will get fixed that is important to the greater good of America.

That's why I chose Newt for the time being, is because if many more alQaeda get through the border to form cells, there will be other hits on the US, each one more surreptitious and horrendous than the one before. If we loose masses of people if there is an aquifer poisoned we're screwed as we'd be if they took down a nuclear power plant and poisons escaped, etc. If you stop those incidents by closing the holes in the border, America is safe a little longer.

Since nobody will do that but Newt, they're all risking another 9/11 except Newt, who will stop the sickos of the world from coming over here and messing around with our regional populations. I don't want to pick the paper up and find a whole area was poisoned with Anthrax or food/water poison or electric grid was disabled, etc.

The Constitution says the President must provide for the common defense. Closing up holes in our porous border will help.

It is, and that's why it is important to look at those platform items one by one, and decide which item will get fixed that is important to the greater good of America.

That's why I chose Newt for the time being, is because if many more alQaeda get through the border to form cells, there will be other hits on the US, each one more surreptitious and horrendous than the one before. If we loose masses of people if there is an aquifer poisoned we're screwed as we'd be if they took down a nuclear power plant and poisons escaped, etc. If you stop those incidents by closing the holes in the border, America is safe a little longer.

Since nobody will do that but Newt, they're all risking another 9/11 except Newt, who will stop the sickos of the world from coming over here and messing around with our regional populations. I don't want to pick the paper up and find a whole area was poisoned with Anthrax or food/water poison or electric grid was disabled, etc.

The Constitution says the President must provide for the common defense. Closing up holes in our porous border will help.
Indeed. It requires those whom are allowed to vote by the good graces of thier respective STATES...to be a good citizen and educate themselves.

Note? There is NO Constitutional 'Right' To vote in a Federal Election.

Newt only has two problems
1# He can't stay married
2# He is a little soft on illegals

But Mitt is a leftist fraud on the scale of Obama. Mitt Romney is
Pro-choice-baby murder(1992-1994)
Pro-Salt lake city mayor-super leftist
Pro screwing over businesses
A fucking underware fucking mormon!
Anti-space-little vision for 99.999999999999999999999999999999 percent of the unverse around us. He is a piece of shit!

He flip flops!!!

I will vote for Obama in 2012 if Anti-space Romney wins. There is no difference within his mass record from Obama and I can trust Obama to be the same in other area's.

1# He can't stay married

Anti-space-little vision for 99.999999999999999999999999999999 percent of the unverse around us. He is a piece of shit!

He flip flops!!!

I will vote for Obama in 2012 if Anti-space Romney wins. There is no difference within his mass record from Obama and I can trust Obama to be the same in other area's.

Dude, I've got to warn you that holding back can cause high blood pressure. Tell us how you really feel!

How much do we spend annually on DHS & the related security services not to mention the DIA asswipe? :eusa_eh: Also, heard of the Ogallala aquifer? :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Last edited:
Those were a young Newt for the most part. And Romney voted for the Dem., Paul Tsongas. :cuckoo:

I like to listen to Art Laffer. ( Laffer Curve ) And he is supporting Newt, though I don't know if he still is. This vid. was posted late December, 2011.

Ronald Reagan's Top Economist, Art Laffer, Endorses Newt Gingrich - YouTube

Michael Reagan: Newt Gingrich is a Reagan Conservative - YouTube
Don't care.

He sold my ass out in the '90s...He's the primary reason I haven't voted for a single repub since '94 and for my joining the Libertarian Party.

He's a lying, double-dealing snake in the grass....And that's being charitable.

Are you saying you won't be voting the GOP ticket, Oddball? Good for Obama, the more that feel that way...:)
Maybe - a big maybe- if Rand is tapped to be VP.

Otherwise the progressive neocon GOP can kiss my ass....They won't win or lose by my one vote anyways.

Well, then Newt is in good company:

Presidents we know that had affairs: James Garfield (R), Warren Harding (R), Grover Cleveland (D), FDR (D), JFK (D), who had FOUR mistresses, Dwight Eisenhower (R), Lyndon Johnson (D) and of course, Bill Clinton (D)

And that's not mentioning all the others who were widely rumored to be having affairs. Hell, there was talk that George Washington was having affairs, and we're all more-than-familiar with the muckraking garbage that was said about Thomas Jefferson.

1# He can't stay married

He flip flops!!!

Speaking as someone who lives an hour's drive from the Mexican border, I don't find Newt particularly soft on illegals. Admittedly, he's not mouthing all the quick, facile slogans to pander to the "deport them now" crowd (of which I tend to be one; I don't have enormous amounts of patience with people who just shrug and say, "There are so many. What can we do?"). He's actually thinking about it and trying to find a realistic, practical way to stand tough AND genuinely accomplish something.

Just to clarify, for those who are making voting decisions based on soundbytes:

Newt's plans for immigration are based on three principles.

1) You're not going to get a comprehensive plan passed. Pass smaller proposals that accomplish your goals a step at a time, and work into the overall plan.

2) No path to citizenship that lets people who broke the law jump the line on those who obeyed it.

3) Establish a system that brings people back into legality in a dignified way while observing Principle 2, and quickly deport those who commit other criminal and destructive acts.

Newt's solutions to accomplish these principles:

1) Control the border. This includes 24-hour-a-day drone flights, multi-layer strategic fencing in urban areas ('cause just building a wall along the whole border is ridiculous), and improved communication and cooperation between state and federal authorities. One assumes this will also mean NOT suing states for trying to protect themselves and their people.

2) Modernize and make more efficient our VISA system so that tourists, students, and law-abiding temporary labor can come here, and those who do come here on VISAs are monitored more effectively.

3) Focus our legal immigration efforts on highly-skilled immigrants, rather than having tight caps on them while allowing unskilled, uneducated immigrants much more freedom of access.

4) Improve the ability of foreigners to invest in companies creating jobs here in America.

5) Establish a legal "guest worker program", monitored by someone NOT the government, who has experience in preventing fraud, such as a major credit-card company.

6) Create a path to earned legality for those who have been here a long time, but WITHOUT allowing them to jump the citizenship line.

7) Deport criminals and gang members quickly and efficiently.

8) Ensure that new citizens and young Americans are taught our history and about American exceptionalism. As Newt says, we are a learned civilization, not one built on shared location or shared ethnicity, and as such, it is imperative that our society BE LEARNED by those who will join it.

9) English must be the official language of the government. This is essential for us to have a common culture, which is essential for us to have a functioning society.

10) Non-citizens who were brought here as minors by their parents should have the right to earn citizenship. They did not willingly break any laws, and should not be penalized for the actions of their parents. However, this should apply ONLY to these people, not to the parents who brought them here.

Once these steps are in place, there should be harsh penalties for anyone breaking our immigration laws, as opposed to the current "catch-and-release" that goes on now.

I also think, although he doesn't mention it, that Newt could probably be counted on to bring diplomatic pressure to bear on Mexico to stop facilitating illegal immigration by their people.

Forum List

Back