A third look at Gingrich

I like President-elect Newt.

I did - do too. But my question is... will he listen to ideas of others? We have a president who refused to go with any agenda other than his own and look where it got us.iven. He can win against Obama in any debate. That is a given. Is he the leader that will not shoot off his mouth without thinking? If another idea comes in contrary to his own, will he give it the credence it deserves while considering it?

What did you think of Gingrich's criticism of Paul Ryan's budget plan? One comment he had to apologize for?

He got Clinton and the democrats to work with him in the 90's. Achieved things such as welfare to work programs that would make todays democrats scrape their nails on the chalk board. That is more than ANY recent politician can offer as evidence that he can lead, including Obama.

While he does have some bizarre ideas and says some stupid things keep it in perspective. Einstein and the Wright brothers were considered a bit over the edge in their time as well. And no I'm not comparing them just saying use some perspective.

As far as the Missouri primary goes from my understanding the primary (which he isn't on the ballot) is meaningless. The caucus that counts is a few days later and he is eligible. I don't know any details on Virginia but it seems they all failed the requirements except for Mitt and Paul. That just seems very strange to me.

In the end it comes down to who can govern in this environment. Newt has a proven track record while the others have (hope).

Yeah, but you support Obama, so your own judgment is already pretty suspect. :eusa_whistle:

Judgement about what?

Obama deep sixed Bin Laden. And he helped Gaddafi shuffle off the mortal coil. Those things alone are worth the price of admission. :eusa_clap:

Support of Obama shows poor judgement as he is the most clueless and incompetent President in US history.

You need to be honest about this. 10 years of intelligence work lead to finally finding bin Laden. Other than giving approval for the Seal team to move in, Obama had nothing to do with it. Anyone can nod there head.

Actually, it was the leadership of Jr. that allowed OBL to stay free. Why? Every time we decided to move in, Jr. would tell Pakistan and they in turn would tell OBL who would move.

It was actually the 9 months of intelligence under Obama prior to the mission, combined with him keeping Pakistan OUT of the loop that gave him the ability to send in SEAL TEAM 6.

Actually, it was the leadership of Jr. that allowed OBL to stay free. Why? Every time we decided to move in, Jr. would tell Pakistan and they in turn would tell OBL who would move.

It was actually the 9 months of intelligence under Obama prior to the mission, combined with him keeping Pakistan OUT of the loop that gave him the ability to send in SEAL TEAM 6.

Point being that Bush really didn't know how duplicitious Pakistan was. I can't hold that against him, and really, that would be on Pakistan.

The price that we've paid for getting Bin Laden is that Pakistan isn't even half-heartedly helping in the effort anymore. THey are just waiting to run out the clock in Afghanistan so that their Taliban allies can move in, and it is only a matter of time before the Pak military topples the nominal democratic government.

Point being that Bush really didn't know how duplicitious Pakistan was. I can't hold that against him, and really, that would be on Pakistan.

The price that we've paid for getting Bin Laden is that Pakistan isn't even half-heartedly helping in the effort anymore. THey are just waiting to run out the clock in Afghanistan so that their Taliban allies can move in, and it is only a matter of time before the Pak military topples the nominal democratic government.

Yanno............I might have been able to agree with you if it weren't for this........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

I agree, it was a stupid thing to say...

Didn't take away from the fact that our forces were pretty diligent in trying to hunt this guy down, or the precautions he took to hide.

The ironic thing was by the time Bin Laden was killed, he was already irrelevent. He wasn't calling the shots anymore.

Didn't take away from the fact that our forces were pretty diligent in trying to hunt this guy down, or the precautions he took to hide.

The ironic thing was by the time Bin Laden was killed, he was already irrelevent. He wasn't calling the shots anymore.

He might not have been calling the shots anymore, but I can guarantee that he was still in the middle of it, as all that intel that we got out of his place led to many others, who have since been neutralized.

He might not have been calling the shots anymore, but I can guarantee that he was still in the middle of it, as all that intel that we got out of his place led to many others, who have since been neutralized.

I've heard it argued that because we were so quick to announce his death, any intel was spoiled by the fact that potential targets knew they were comprimised and fled. Also, that Bin Laden had cut himself off from Internet, Phone and other communication and was using couriers exclusively.

I've heard it argued that because we were so quick to announce his death, any intel was spoiled by the fact that potential targets knew they were comprimised and fled. Also, that Bin Laden had cut himself off from Internet, Phone and other communication and was using couriers exclusively.

There were quite a few notebooks that detailed the courier network and who was who.

Yeah, but you support Obama, so your own judgment is already pretty suspect. :eusa_whistle:

Judgement about what?

Obama deep sixed Bin Laden. And he helped Gaddafi shuffle off the mortal coil. Those things alone are worth the price of admission. :eusa_clap:

Support of Obama shows poor judgement as he is the most clueless and incompetent President in US history.

You need to be honest about this. 10 years of intelligence work lead to finally finding bin Laden. Other than giving approval for the Seal team to move in, Obama had nothing to do with it. Anyone can nod there head.

Oh bullshit. Policy trumped intelligence in this case. They stopped hunting for Bin Laden during the Bush administration but went full force during the Obama administration. The Pakistanis nailed some guy in their country for killing two "robbers". Right off the bat I put up a thread stating that this guy was a spook and something big was happening. It was dismissed by many righties here..until the US fessed up..he was a spook.

Several months later..Bin Laden is dead.

During the Campaign..THATS EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO.

It got done.

Simple as that.

The failure to get on the Virginia ballot was appalling. He didn't try to get on the Missouri ballot. These are elementary strategies for a candidate to accomplish of they are going to be a viable candidate.

This is a brilliant man with a great resume and thinks outside the box for solutions. But for a while now, we find that some Republicans cannot get behind him for vague reasons and quite honestly, his mouth sometimes shoots himself in the foot. Equating Pearl Harbor with the fact he didn't get on the ballot in Virginia was a bonehead statement from one expected to be leader of our country.

Early on, there was friction with his organizing campaign and they all quit. So, that was campaign stuff, I thought. But now, I think if the man cannot work closely with those around him, can he effectively be president? It's too bad. He's obviously the brightest of the candidates and can debate rings around anyone else. But is that enough?

I've given him many looks too.

I couldn't stand Gingrich because of my memory of him from the 90's but I gave him another chance as a spokesman for conservativism in the last couple of years. I considered him interesting to listen to but whenever anyone mentioned him running for president I said "yeah riiiight" because of things like comparing the supporters of the "ground zero mosque" to nazis.

And still I gave him another chance during this last run of debates and I kind of liked what I saw.

But this failure in Virginia? How many ways are we supposed to cut this guy slack and act like he's still presidential material?

The failure to get on the Virginia ballot was appalling. He didn't try to get on the Missouri ballot. These are elementary strategies for a candidate to accomplish of they are going to be a viable candidate.

This is a brilliant man with a great resume and thinks outside the box for solutions. But for a while now, we find that some Republicans cannot get behind him for vague reasons and quite honestly, his mouth sometimes shoots himself in the foot. Equating Pearl Harbor with the fact he didn't get on the ballot in Virginia was a bonehead statement from one expected to be leader of our country.

Early on, there was friction with his organizing campaign and they all quit. So, that was campaign stuff, I thought. But now, I think if the man cannot work closely with those around him, can he effectively be president? It's too bad. He's obviously the brightest of the candidates and can debate rings around anyone else. But is that enough?

I couldn't stand Gingrich because of my memory of him from the 90's but I gave him another chance as a spokesman for conservativism in the last couple of years. I considered him interesting to listen to but whenever anyone mentioned him running for president I said "yeah riiiight" because of things like comparing the supporters of the "ground zero mosque" to nazis.

And still I gave him another chance during this last run of debates and I kind of liked what I saw.

But this failure in Virginia? How many ways are we supposed to cut this guy slack and act like he's still presidential material?

Don't buy into his snake oil sales pitch.

Don't buy into his snake oil sales pitch.

Snake oil? The fucking idiot didn't manage to get on the ballot in Virginia! If the fucker is too stupid, unorganized or just plain forgetful to get on the ballot, no, he doesn't deserve to be president.

Try again Little Rebecca.

Forum List

Back