A Test for Obama

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration - FOXNews.com Elections
Barack Obama will face an international crisis early in his presidency, Joe Biden warns, fueling Republican charges that the Democratic presidential candidate's own running mate admits Obama is a blank slate in the face of coming national security threats.

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

Does anyone else rather not be tested?:cuckoo:

Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration - FOXNews.com Elections
Barack Obama will face an international crisis early in his presidency, Joe Biden warns, fueling Republican charges that the Democratic presidential candidate's own running mate admits Obama is a blank slate in the face of coming national security threats.

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

shhh, no one wants to hear that

We'll be tested no matter who's in office. The terrorists do that all over the world when a new leader is installed. Remember 9/11? How far away was that from Bush's innaguration?

Any President will be tried and tested... could be Iran rattling sabers... could be China in terms of trade and production.. could be some African country in terms of human rights disasters... who knows

The thing is here on how the buffoon Biden says this kind of thing

Yes... I would rather Obama not be tested if (God forbid) he get selected... because I consider him nothing more than a cowardly bowl of jello with little substance, experience, and know how... I fully think he is not only an extreme leftist nutbag, but the type of person who will utterly fail under true extreme pressure (which is constant with the job of POTUS)

And when this test is upon obama and us. We, who didn't vote for him, will be saying things like "At least Bush didn't bring back the draft".

Any President will be tried and tested... could be Iran rattling sabers... could be China in terms of trade and production.. could be some African country in terms of human rights disasters... who knows

that's exactly right. They will want to see how the new POTUS handles these situation v. the way Bush handled it.

Biden gets too fired up sometimes and says shit that sounds crazy

Yes... I would rather Obama not be tested if (God forbid) he get selected... because I consider him nothing more than a cowardly bowl of jello with little substance, experience, and know how... I fully think he is not only an extreme leftist nutbag, but the type of person who will utterly fail under true extreme pressure (which is constant with the job of POTUS)

remind me again, which of the two candidates looked steady and self-assured during the economic crisis and which one was erratic and completely out of sorts?

'call me if you need me'

Oh yeah... steady leadership there... :rolleyes:

Obama was a doe in the headlights

v. I'm suspending my campaign and won't debate unless there is a deal...oh wait... okay, I'll debate but I'm going back to washington but not to phone it in and then spending two days on the phone and still getting no deal?

and when they did get a deal his House Republicans killed it only to approve it AFTER an additional 150 billion in unnecessary crap was thrown on top of it.

Obama knew that inserting himself in the situation would only complicate things. Sometimes you have to set your ego aside and just help IF asked for help.

We'll be tested no matter who's in office. The terrorists do that all over the world when a new leader is installed. Remember 9/11? How far away was that from Bush's innaguration?
Gee, I thought that was Bush's fault. Oops.

But you're wrong on your first statement. Reagan wasn't "tested". In fact the Iranians buckled as soon as he got into office.

Every President is tested, unless you can point to an administration that did not have to deal with any crises.
is there any doubt what McCains response to an attack would be?
can you say the same for Obama?

JFK's little 'test' almost got us into WW-III and he had a lot more experience than Obama. And wasn't JFK assassinated? Just what is Biden trying to say?

interesting...........and mccain can kick exactly who's ass besides small children under the age of 8 and old women? I'm curious....

and it seems mccain can motivate, inspire and coalesce the fearfull, bigoted and prejudiced. yeah..........................great guy right there...........real inspiring...............

O will be your next ELECTED president and has the potential to be one of the greatest. The sooner people come to terms with this fait acompli, the sooner we can fix what the Chimp and the organ grinder screwed up.

Regardless of which one wins the WH, he will be severely tested.

There is that pesky business of the economic meltdown, and
There is that small matter of the half trillion deficit, and,
the looming Social Security insolvency, and
the so called "war on terror", meaning troops still in Iraq and Afganistan, and
all those Mid East nations that hate us infidels, and
Russia and its saber rattling attempts to put together its empire once again, and
the specter of energy shortages, and
the other party taking potshots, whether justified or not, and
the looming bankruptcy of General Motors, and
the question of the open border....

Yes, I'd say that the new POTUS will be tested. What else is new?

interesting...........and mccain can kick exactly who's ass besides small children under the age of 8 and old women? I'm curious....

and it seems mccain can motivate, inspire and coalesce the fearfull, bigoted and prejudiced. yeah..........................great guy right there...........real inspiring...............

O will be your next ELECTED president and has the potential to be one of the greatest. The sooner people come to terms with this fait acompli, the sooner we can fix what the Chimp and the organ grinder screwed up.

First of all, McCain is a 70ish old man who has been a POW and endured all manner of physical torment for it. No one expects him to be as tough as a 25 yr old active duty Navy Seal. Even if he were, it wouldn't matter as the job simply doesn't call for that sort of toughness.

If you want motivation and inspiration for the fearful, bigoted and prejudiced, one has to look no further than the Obama/Biden campaign.

First of all, McCain is a 70ish old man who has been a POW and endured all manner of physical torment for it. No one expects him to be as tough as a 25 yr old active duty Navy Seal. Even if he were, it wouldn't matter as the job simply doesn't call for that sort of toughness.

If you want motivation and inspiration for the fearful, bigoted and prejudiced, one has to look no further than the Obama/Biden campaign.

so you agree that mcain isn't as tough as some, given his age?

and true, the job doesn't call for "I can kick yo ass" kinda toughness. However, it's nice if the POTUS can at least LOOK like he can kick someone's ass; throw a proper overhand right, ya know? It's hard to follow someone that looks physically......................soft.

as far as your last comment, please cite examples. I've seen nothing but positivity come from O rallys. I can't say the same about McDaddy's.....LOL! hell he had to correct and console some of his rallygoers because they were "scared" of an O presidency and held the misconception that he as an "A-rab." LOL. but he's a unifer? LOL! crack kills. put down the pipe.

and true, the job doesn't call for "I can kick yo ass" kinda toughness. However, it's nice if the POTUS can at least LOOK like he can kick someone's ass; throw a proper overhand right, ya know? It's hard to follow someone that looks physically......................soft.

riiigghhhhtttt, maybe Mike Tyson should be president ? :cuckoo:

and yeah, Obama looks real "hard" ..... :eusa_hand:

as far as your last comment, please cite examples. I've seen nothing but positivity come from O rallys. I can't say the same about McDaddy's.....LOL! hell he had to correct and console some of his rallygoers because they were "scared" of an O presidency and held the misconception that he as an "A-rab." LOL. but he's a unifer? LOL! crack kills. put down the pipe.

Don't be a fool. Anyone experienced enough to be president will have been on the planet long enough to have a few wrinkles and a fleshier-than-it-used-to-be underbelly. Clinton was a doughy as they come and you libs loved him. FDR was in a wheel chair, for crimminey's sake.

I think it's hilarious that you make unfounded accusations about McCain and his rallys, accusations based on rumor and flimsy, 3rd-hand observation, but you expect ME to cite examples when I say I think the Obama campaign is based on bigotry and hatred? You're a regular riot! You should take this act on the road. Sincerely, thanks for the laughs, kid.

Forum List

Back