A Test for Obama

Discussion in 'Congress' started by jreeves, Oct 21, 2008.

1. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration - FOXNews.com Elections
    Barack Obama will face an international crisis early in his presidency, Joe Biden warns, fueling Republican charges that the Democratic presidential candidate's own running mate admits Obama is a blank slate in the face of coming national security threats.

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

Does anyone else rather not be tested?:cuckoo:

2. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    shhh, no one wants to hear that

3. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    We'll be tested no matter who's in office. The terrorists do that all over the world when a new leader is installed. Remember 9/11? How far away was that from Bush's innaguration?

4. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I really doubt many people would test John McCain....

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Any President will be tried and tested... could be Iran rattling sabers... could be China in terms of trade and production.. could be some African country in terms of human rights disasters... who knows

The thing is here on how the buffoon Biden says this kind of thing

Yes... I would rather Obama not be tested if (God forbid) he get selected... because I consider him nothing more than a cowardly bowl of jello with little substance, experience, and know how... I fully think he is not only an extreme leftist nutbag, but the type of person who will utterly fail under true extreme pressure (which is constant with the job of POTUS)

6. Otter_Creek

Otter_Creek worst president ever

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +144
    And when this test is upon obama and us. We, who didn't vote for him, will be saying things like "At least Bush didn't bring back the draft".

7. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    that's exactly right. They will want to see how the new POTUS handles these situation v. the way Bush handled it.

Biden gets too fired up sometimes and says shit that sounds crazy

remind me again, which of the two candidates looked steady and self-assured during the economic crisis and which one was erratic and completely out of sorts?

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    'call me if you need me'

Oh yeah... steady leadership there... :rolleyes:

Obama was a doe in the headlights

9. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    v. I'm suspending my campaign and won't debate unless there is a deal...oh wait... okay, I'll debate but I'm going back to washington but not to phone it in and then spending two days on the phone and still getting no deal?

and when they did get a deal his House Republicans killed it only to approve it AFTER an additional 150 billion in unnecessary crap was thrown on top of it.

Obama knew that inserting himself in the situation would only complicate things. Sometimes you have to set your ego aside and just help IF asked for help.

10. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Gee, I thought that was Bush's fault. Oops.

But you're wrong on your first statement. Reagan wasn't "tested". In fact the Iranians buckled as soon as he got into office.