A Tenth of a Billion Dollars*

I'll try and find a link for it. I saw it on C-Span....

Try and find me a link for them releasing taxes. I'm not up to date on candidate rules...but my rationale would be if I didn't have to release my tax return to the public, they wouldn't have to either. However, they may have certain stipulations that make them release their tax-returns.

Mmmm....they have to make a financial disclosure according to ethics rules. But there is no law about their tax returns. Still, it isn't really a choice because if you don't release them everyone thinks you are hiding something.

Mmmm....they have to make a financial disclosure according to ethics rules. But there is no law about their tax returns. Still, it isn't really a choice because if you don't release them everyone thinks you are hiding something.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. Just from what I've seen and read, it seems as though they kind of do it because they'll be questioned if they don't. But since they do, they're going to make the best of it and create a competition out of it.

Why would Obama challenge her to release her records, and then criticize her for not releasing them fast enough? Just seems like too much of a game for me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080405/pl_bloomberg/a1linki2axyk

"I have nothing against rich people,'' Clinton told an audience of several thousand at the North Dakota State Democratic Convention. ``My husband has made a lot of money since he left the White House doing what he loves most, talking to people. But we didn't need Bush's tax cuts.''

This is the best I can find....

This isn't the speech I heard, but pretty close. I don't think she gave the entire speech on tax-cuts, but mentioned it. She said that she didn't want them, and that she didn't need them.

I don't think they are required to release them, but they supposedly have since Watergate. I can't find anything specifically stating that they don't. I've read several articles about them being able to withhold personal information. One article said that Obama released his, then challenged Hillary to do so. Some may be out of good faith, but I think that we've degressed to the point where they start showing off who has made more money. Who's more "business savvy."

news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080326/pl_bloomberg/aan8_hokrdz4

I didn't need the tax cuts either so I'm giving the difference to charity.

O:)

Well the fact is, is that she used Bush's tax cuts as a crutch to say, "We made this much, and we didn't want Bush's tax cuts, we didn't need Bush's Tax cuts..."

Well she sure took them didn't she? That platform is about as retarded as her Battle in Bosnia. :cuckoo:

How could she not use the IRS rules in order to file for her taxes? How could she NOT TAKE whatever Irs regs on the books, in our code?

I am not certain if there is a way to get around what the tax code says, regarding the new tax bracket percentage that is in the law...

To me, just preliminaries of looking at what they paid in taxes of their gross income....they flat out paid the 33% of their total income with NO TAX SHELTERS to hide their income from taxes, such as the investment in municiple bonds, which are tax free...... or making money that is subject to capital gains at 15%-20%, which is a much lower tax than an income tax on the working....

like i said earlier, they seemed to have a hefty tax bill imo...

as far as Hillary saying they could have lived without the Bush Tax cuts...it is the TRUTH, they obviously have made enough and kept enough money for themselves after taxes and charity, and have enough to survive on and enough to be considered among the wealthiest in this country....even if they did not have their tax bracket reduced from 39% to 33%....

care

How could she not use the IRS rules in order to file for her taxes? How could she NOT TAKE whatever Irs regs on the books, in our code?

I am not certain if there is a way to get around what the tax code says, regarding the new tax bracket percentage that is in the law...

To me, just preliminaries of looking at what they paid in taxes of their gross income....they flat out paid the 33% of their total income with NO TAX SHELTERS to hide their income from taxes, such as the investment in municiple bonds, which are tax free...... or making money that is subject to capital gains at 15%-20%, which is a much lower tax than an income tax on the working....

like i said earlier, they seemed to have a hefty tax bill imo...

as far as Hillary saying they could have lived without the Bush Tax cuts...it is the TRUTH, they obviously have made enough and kept enough money for themselves after taxes and charity, and have enough to survive on and enough to be considered among the wealthiest in this country....even if they did not have their tax bracket reduced from 39% to 33%....

care
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the first statement. I'm sure she did file by IRS rules, what I'm saying is that she is not required to release her tax-returns to the public. Just like you or I am not required to release our tax-returns for the whole town to see.

I know I know...I'm not saying that what she's said is false and that she did need them. I'm saying that she (among other politicians) are using it to their advantage. (Which I can't blame them). I just can't stand how our presidency has degraded to who makes the most, and what they did with the money. I don't see how her tax information is anyone elses business but her own. Given, it helps to know how they manage money, but it's still their own business.

I'm not complaining about how much she makes or how much she's paid to charity, etc.... To me, if it's her money, it's her money...I wouldn't care if she paid any to charity, that's their hard-earned money and she can do with it what she likes. I just don't like how our presidency has degraded to where only millionaires can run. (sad but true) .

It would be interesting to see if a average joe would run one day and how far he/she would get. (Probably not very far, cause he/she may not have enough money to buy the media).:cool:

talk about anticlimactic. Of all the issues to pounce on this conveys the levels of hypocrisies of those who would otherwise be defending oil execs and republicans.

lame-O

It's nice to know the Clintons are doing well financially and don't need the tax cuts.

Does this mean they won't be claiming writing offs for donating Bill's used underwear to charity this year?

Lol.

As if either of their books aren't cooked like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Forum List

Back