A tale of two Als: Why Al Gore sold out to Al Jazeera

Free Enterprise is bad now?

Of course not. What is striking is that this particular sale contradicts everything Gore has supposedly stood for all these years. It's the hypocrisy. He may as well come out say, "You know all that stuff I've been preaching for years? Well, never mind."

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's a statement without ANY corresponding validation. Has Gore made statements over the years about not selling American corporations to foreigners when those companies have no technological or national security related prohibitions? If not, then you're doing nothing other than spouting nonsense. But I guess that's the conservative coin of the realm.

Free Enterprise is bad now?

Of course not. What is striking is that this particular sale contradicts everything Gore has supposedly stood for all these years. It's the hypocrisy. He may as well come out say, "You know all that stuff I've been preaching for years? Well, never mind."

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's a statement without ANY corresponding validation. Has Gore made statements over the years about not selling American corporations to foreigners when those companies have no technological or national security related prohibitions? If not, then you're doing nothing other than spouting nonsense. But I guess that's the conservative coin of the realm.

What is the reason for the resignations of staff after the sale?

You want hypocrisy?

Here is REAL hypocrisy -

735025_517161508305719_1314261986_n.png

And, I'll bet that not one of you holier than thou, "christian", rw hypocrite is willing to face up to facts.

What is the reason for the resignations of staff after the sale?

Seeing how viewership on Current TV is already so low, and the present format is reportedly not going to survive the ownership change, and since many networks have already cut their staffs in recent years, and additionally since the sale of Current TV to Al Jazeera is such a negative PR hit on anyone associated with the fledgling network, I'm sure everyone is scrambling to find another job while the music is still playing because they don't want to be left standing around when the music stops.

You want hypocrisy?

Here is REAL hypocrisy -

735025_517161508305719_1314261986_n.png

And, I'll bet that not one of you holier than thou, "christian", rw hypocrite is willing to face up to facts.

In case conservatives need a reminder of who exactly Al-Waleed bin Talal is...

Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, Al Waleed gave a check of $10 million to New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He publicized a written statement upon his donation, stating "At times like this, we must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack. I believe the government of the United States of America should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stance toward the Palestinian cause." As a result of his statement, Giuliani returned the check.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Waleed_bin_Talal#cite_note-15

My inside source at Current TV tells me that the employees are Very Pissed off. They now refer to Algore as Al Gorezeera.

And the only Green he care about is Cash.

Itris them and it is us, such hypocrisy.

A tale of two Als: Why Al Gore sold out to Al Jazeera - News - TV & Radio - The Independent

In 2008, Al Gore, US Vice-President under Bill Clinton and climate change crusader, posed a question during a speech at an energy conference in Washington. Referring to renewable energy sources such as solar power, he asked: "What if we could use fuels that are not expensive, don't cause pollution and are abundantly available right here at home?"

One answer, in light of Mr Gore's decision to sell his Current TV channel to Qatar-financed Al Jazeera, is that it would cause sleepless nights for his new friends in Doha, who make their money by selling fossil fuels to the world. Their success had made
he is a libb thats all we need to know .libbs are hypocritical liars.

My inside source at Current TV tells me that the employees are Very Pissed off. They now refer to Algore as Al Gorezeera.

The 99% complaining AGAIN? Of course, conservatives who understand business and are also tired of all the bitching and moaning of the masses (who are little more than takers, after all) are ALL standing shoulder to shoulder with Gore the businessman. How could it be otherwise?

The 99% complaining AGAIN? Of course, conservatives who understand business and are also tired of all the bitching and moaning of the masses (who are little more than takers, after all) are ALL standing shoulder to shoulder with Gore the businessman. How could it be otherwise?

I wouldn't call what Gore has done doing proper business. His money is due to political connections, not real business. And now he is selling out his principals for more cash. That's his prerogative, but it's still rather hypocritical.

I wouldn't call what Gore has done doing proper business. His money is due to political connections, not real business. And now he is selling out his principals for more cash. That's his prerogative, but it's still rather hypocritical.

Political connections? Gore has been out of office for 12 years. He built an upstart cable network and sold it to another media company that made a huge offer. Frankly, out of curiosity, I WOULD be interested in knowing if Gore shopped it around or if he was approached to sell it. However, Gore is in no position to return any political favors to anyone. As far as I know, nobody in Gore's family is involved in politics, and Gore's connection with the Democratic Party and the Obama Administration is below minimal

Forum List

Back