A Surge In USMB Membership?

After five weeks of operation, the USMB Coffee Shop clientele hit 70 yesterday and includes quite a few really nice newbies that I hope we can urge to stick and settle in here. When those with a clue eventually largely outnumber the numbnuts, the numbnuts either leave or they just don't bother us as much. And that makes for a board you want to be a part of.

USMB has been such a board for me.

I think your idea for a coffee shop was a good idea, but it really needs its own topic listing. I can't plow through over a thousand postings just to find a discussion I might want to take part in. :( Maybe if you ask nicely, Gunny and/or the owners will do just that. They put a new one up for the Tea Party, so why not a Coffee House?

Interesting idea. How about it Gunny? Could the Coffee Shop being kind of unique on the board have its own little forum? I certainly would understand if that would be a bit presumptious, but it does get lost to some among all the other topics in the General Discussion forum.

Right now, the only place to go just for pure entertainment at USMB if you're feeling bored with politics or any other listed topic, is the Flame Zone. I've noticed also there are some topics that literally no one ever posts in. I think a Coffee Shop would be a great place for political foes to discover we probably really don't hate each other after all. There could be just one rule: NO FOOD FIGHTS!! (Just shut up and eat your bagel if you don't like muffins!)

I wouldn't be surprised at all, with the mid-term elections just five short months away. This site is sure to get even more lively and colorful than it is now.

Can any of the Mods comment in regards to the increase / decrease of USMB membership. Or perhaps some of you USMB veterans. What say you? Do you welcome new-comers or do you prefer to fight it out with the regulars?

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL of the new USMB members, both left and right. This is a great board you stumbled upon and I hope you enjoy your time here. Now strap in and hold on tight! You're in for one hell of a ride!

nah just a 'surge' in old timers changing their socks.
I was wondering where that foul stench was coming from. I thought it was feta cheese for a sec.

For a few years, I was a member of a paid site. The folks who occupied the message boards seemed to think that they themselves controlled how people posted. If you didn't 'fit in', they did everything in their power to drive you away. These particular individuals had been on the site since the foundation was poured. Many used their post count to try and intimidate newbies. It was pretty pathetic. I don't see that happening here, which in my opinion is a good thing.

What was really sad, was a couple of the long-time residents got the boot for bad behavior. One in particular couldn't handle it. He honestly didn't know what to do with his day if he couldn't log on to the website to post.

If I logged back in there, I imagine many, if not all of the same people are there, posting the same crap they always do. Thinking they are members of some elite board. Ha! They're living in a bubble over there.

Been there, done that. I actually cut my teeth on a leftwinger board, but they couldn't find an excuse to get rid of me. Not fairly, and I WILL give them that,. I actually left because of biased moderating. That's why I don't tolerate it here.

And it's a testament to that, that I have both sides accusing me of partisanship. Goobers.:lol:

Littlegreenfootballs gave me the boot, no excuse. But I knew I was pissing off people because I dared to have a different point of view. There's a ton of them now that get all pius over ownership and if you don't fit in, they drive you out.
Littlegreenfootballs? Hmmmmm?

Well, this isn't the first political forum I've joined. I actually joined this one recently because I was looking for a forum that was a little more popular, where I could agitate, I mean converse with more people. So I used alexa.com and started sifting through, and this forum is the most popular that I could find (that fit my needs, also). Alexa ranks this forum somewhere in the neighborhood of 148,595 (Google is #1). Most competitors rank around 300,000 - 3,000,000.

Forum List

Back