A Surge In USMB Membership?

I think when people are in invisible mode, they show up as guests.

No they don't.

We (the mods) can see everyone who is logged on, and what they are doing lol!

So can eye!

th_catbowl.bmp

{*and I'm watching you n00b! :eek: }
I'm watchin' the mods!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

...and some o' you need to either keep your clothes on 24/7 or put some tape over the webcam! My god! I thought I was ugly!

Last edited:
For a few years, I was a member of a paid site. The folks who occupied the message boards seemed to think that they themselves controlled how people posted. If you didn't 'fit in', they did everything in their power to drive you away. These particular individuals had been on the site since the foundation was poured. Many used their post count to try and intimidate newbies. It was pretty pathetic. I don't see that happening here, which in my opinion is a good thing.

No, here the post count doesn't mean as much as the REPCOUNT. The RepWhore clique artificially inflate each other's Rep in order to use it against people they disagree with or war with. A higher RepCount, means your NegRep has a more lethal punch to it.

Pretty much the same premise though. I don't give a shit about Rep. It means nothing. It does not bestow magical powers upon the bearer, and Mods here are not God (IMHO).

I speak my mind and if the reader doesn't like my opinion, they can just skip right over it. That means Mods too. Even EMUs.

What was really sad, was a couple of the long-time residents got the boot for bad behavior. One in particular couldn't handle it. He honestly didn't know what to do with his day if he couldn't log on to the website to post.

If I logged back in there, I imagine many, if not all of the same people are there, posting the same crap they always do. Thinking they are members of some elite board. Ha! They're living in a bubble over there.

Meh. I used to be a regular at a board where I had 30k posts and several years invested. Got the boot by a Mod with a bullet in her pocket with my name on it.

Que cera cera. WHAT EVER.

If I ever become so "addicted" to a message board that I can't handle my real life, then I need serious help and would seek it.

It's all for play folks....it's Al Gore's Wild Wild West here....and it don't mean a thing!

I'll never meet any of the assholes I bump into here, and they won't meet me in real life.

Works for me! :D

Many celebrated when that bullet hit its mark

That's "Que sera, sera" FYI. God Bless my mother, she used to listen to that record regularly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iu1uD3R3pA&feature=related]YouTube - Doris Day - Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be)[/ame]

I wouldn't be surprised at all, with the mid-term elections just five short months away. This site is sure to get even more lively and colorful than it is now.

Can any of the Mods comment in regards to the increase / decrease of USMB membership. Or perhaps some of you USMB veterans. What say you? Do you welcome new-comers or do you prefer to fight it out with the regulars?

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL of the new USMB members, both left and right. This is a great board you stumbled upon and I hope you enjoy your time here. Now strap in and hold on tight! You're in for one hell of a ride!

nah just a 'surge' in old timers changing their socks.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, with the mid-term elections just five short months away. This site is sure to get even more lively and colorful than it is now.

Can any of the Mods comment in regards to the increase / decrease of USMB membership. Or perhaps some of you USMB veterans. What say you? Do you welcome new-comers or do you prefer to fight it out with the regulars?

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL of the new USMB members, both left and right. This is a great board you stumbled upon and I hope you enjoy your time here. Now strap in and hold on tight! You're in for one hell of a ride!

Quit infesting this board you Fred Phelps loving Freak. I'm going to make sure everyone knows you love to suck his dick.

westboro_baptist.jpg

Quit infesting this board you Fred Phelps loving Freak. I'm going to make sure everyone knows you love to suck his dick.

westboro_baptist.jpg

:eek:

I am a newcomer to the site and so far I love it.... I am a member of alot of offroading forums and they dont like political stuff on them (even in off topic portion) so I need this site as an outlet for my point of view. Thanks USMB, and I hope to be a contributin member here for a long while....

BTW, how is this site paid for, and is there a way to contribute some cash towards it?

I'm the USMB CFO.

Send your checks to me.

westboro_baptist.jpg

Who's a Fred Phelps fan? The idiot disgrace that's allowed to call himself Christian when by definition he clearly is not? :eusa_eh:

Membership on political message board always surges prior to election, and posts decrease post-election as the losing side has to go lick its hiney wound.

Been here long enough to see both sides do it.

Unless I'm on my death bed (no prayers, please), I promise I'll be here bright and early the day after the November apocalypse. Look for a thread started AhHAH!! or C'est la vie. No tears for me. :cool:

For a few years, I was a member of a paid site. The folks who occupied the message boards seemed to think that they themselves controlled how people posted. If you didn't 'fit in', they did everything in their power to drive you away. These particular individuals had been on the site since the foundation was poured. Many used their post count to try and intimidate newbies. It was pretty pathetic. I don't see that happening here, which in my opinion is a good thing.

What was really sad, was a couple of the long-time residents got the boot for bad behavior. One in particular couldn't handle it. He honestly didn't know what to do with his day if he couldn't log on to the website to post.

If I logged back in there, I imagine many, if not all of the same people are there, posting the same crap they always do. Thinking they are members of some elite board. Ha! They're living in a bubble over there.

Been there, done that. I actually cut my teeth on a leftwinger board, but they couldn't find an excuse to get rid of me. Not fairly, and I WILL give them that,. I actually left because of biased moderating. That's why I don't tolerate it here.

And it's a testament to that, that I have both sides accusing me of partisanship. Goobers.:lol:

Littlegreenfootballs gave me the boot, no excuse. But I knew I was pissing off people because I dared to have a different point of view. There's a ton of them now that get all pius over ownership and if you don't fit in, they drive you out.

After five weeks of operation, the USMB Coffee Shop clientele hit 70 yesterday and includes quite a few really nice newbies that I hope we can urge to stick and settle in here. When those with a clue eventually largely outnumber the numbnuts, the numbnuts either leave or they just don't bother us as much. And that makes for a board you want to be a part of.

USMB has been such a board for me.

I think your idea for a coffee shop was a good idea, but it really needs its own topic listing. I can't plow through over a thousand postings just to find a discussion I might want to take part in. :( Maybe if you ask nicely, Gunny and/or the owners will do just that. They put a new one up for the Tea Party, so why not a Coffee House?

After five weeks of operation, the USMB Coffee Shop clientele hit 70 yesterday and includes quite a few really nice newbies that I hope we can urge to stick and settle in here. When those with a clue eventually largely outnumber the numbnuts, the numbnuts either leave or they just don't bother us as much. And that makes for a board you want to be a part of.

USMB has been such a board for me.

I think your idea for a coffee shop was a good idea, but it really needs its own topic listing. I can't plow through over a thousand postings just to find a discussion I might want to take part in. :( Maybe if you ask nicely, Gunny and/or the owners will do just that. They put a new one up for the Tea Party, so why not a Coffee House?

Interesting idea. How about it Gunny? Could the Coffee Shop being kind of unique on the board have its own little forum? I certainly would understand if that would be a bit presumptious, but it does get lost to some among all the other topics in the General Discussion forum.

I am a newcomer to the site and so far I love it.... I am a member of alot of offroading forums and they dont like political stuff on them (even in off topic portion) so I need this site as an outlet for my point of view. Thanks USMB, and I hope to be a contributin member here for a long while....

BTW, how is this site paid for, and is there a way to contribute some cash towards it?

Your friendly neighborhood mod says:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...usmb-now-offering-supporting-memberships.html

I would send money, but I don't like paypal and refuse to use it.

I trust Paypal over using a credit card any day. You can always donate, too, and choose either method of payment.

I think when people are in invisible mode, they show up as guests.

No they don't.

We (the mods) can see everyone who is logged on, and what they are doing lol!

{*and I'm watching you n00b! :eek: }

Huh? You can browse the site and read all the comments; you just can't post. That doesn't require any user ID. Correct? Invisible mode is a member option, though.

Forum List

Back