A Surge In USMB Membership?

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
I wouldn't be surprised at all, with the mid-term elections just five short months away. This site is sure to get even more lively and colorful than it is now.

Can any of the Mods comment in regards to the increase / decrease of USMB membership. Or perhaps some of you USMB veterans. What say you? Do you welcome new-comers or do you prefer to fight it out with the regulars?

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL of the new USMB members, both left and right. This is a great board you stumbled upon and I hope you enjoy your time here. Now strap in and hold on tight! You're in for one hell of a ride!

I wouldn't be surprised at all, with the mid-term elections just five short months away. This site is sure to get even more lively and colorful than it is now.

Can any of the Mods comment in regards to the increase / decrease of USMB membership. Or perhaps some of you USMB veterans. What say you? Do you welcome new-comers or do you prefer to fight it out with the regulars?

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL of the new USMB members, both left and right. This is a great board you stumbled upon and I hope you enjoy your time here. Now strap in and hold on tight! You're in for one hell of a ride!

Membership on political message board always surges prior to election, and posts decrease post-election as the losing side has to go lick its hiney wound.

Been here long enough to see both sides do it.

For a few years, I was a member of a paid site. The folks who occupied the message boards seemed to think that they themselves controlled how people posted. If you didn't 'fit in', they did everything in their power to drive you away. These particular individuals had been on the site since the foundation was poured. Many used their post count to try and intimidate newbies. It was pretty pathetic. I don't see that happening here, which in my opinion is a good thing.

What was really sad, was a couple of the long-time residents got the boot for bad behavior. One in particular couldn't handle it. He honestly didn't know what to do with his day if he couldn't log on to the website to post.

If I logged back in there, I imagine many, if not all of the same people are there, posting the same crap they always do. Thinking they are members of some elite board. Ha! They're living in a bubble over there.

For a few years, I was a member of a paid site. The folks who occupied the message boards seemed to think that they themselves controlled how people posted. If you didn't 'fit in', they did everything in their power to drive you away. These particular individuals had been on the site since the foundation was poured. Many used their post count to try and intimidate newbies. It was pretty pathetic. I don't see that happening here, which in my opinion is a good thing.

What was really sad, was a couple of the long-time residents got the boot for bad behavior. One in particular couldn't handle it. He honestly didn't know what to do with his day if he couldn't log on to the website to post.

If I logged back in there, I imagine many, if not all of the same people are there, posting the same crap they always do. Thinking they are members of some elite board. Ha! They're living in a bubble over there.

Been there, done that. I actually cut my teeth on a leftwinger board, but they couldn't find an excuse to get rid of me. Not fairly, and I WILL give them that,. I actually left because of biased moderating. That's why I don't tolerate it here.

And it's a testament to that, that I have both sides accusing me of partisanship. Goobers.:lol:

Been there, done that. I actually cut my teeth on a leftwinger board, but they couldn't find an excuse to get rid of me. Not fairly, and I WILL give them that,. I actually left because of biased moderating. That's why I don't tolerate it here.

And it's a testament to that, that I have both sides accusing me of partisanship. Goobers.:lol:

Your anti-partisan rant is ... so partisan....:lol:

I am S O O O reporting you to EZ .... :evil:

Oh, PateKPhilippe is on my "List"-I make him watch cat videos and listen to bad 70's disco songs!

scared_20shitless.jpg

i think we have a lot of new younger people....i think that is rather nice....i dont care what side of the issue they are on ...as long as they try to post some facts with the fussing.....

Last edited:
I was hoping the big man stopped by for a few words.

Who says HE, or his representatives haven't already been here for a long while now, looking for polls, opinions, yada yada and yada.

Right now, currently active 834, 749 'guests' and 85 members................Hmmmmmm, doesn't that look a tad unbalanced?...........Discuss. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I'm pretty new here. I've been to various sites on the internet. This has been the warmest welcome I've had. The site has an organic feel to it. I've seen various configurations of thanks and reputation systems, and this site seems to have a very balanced formula that fosters community and friendship.

I post at another fairly good site that is a little stricter than this one, but still good. The moderating over there seems reasonable. This site is a little more laissez fair, yet it seems to work. Yes, profanity is allowed here, that is new to me. But it actually doesn't detract from the site. And the friendliness here is the best I've seen. And, I haven't seen any of the biased BS you see at many places. Some site owners are like little dictators and get off on picking on perfectly decent people over piddling, very subjective crap.

The only other board I utilized I stopped posting on during the last election. It had doubled in size during the election and devolved into a partisan hack, screeching exchange even in the non-political forums. Even many of the "reasonable", open minded posters became infected with the disease, I see the beginnings of it here with many of the new posters and I expect to see it get worse.

I was hoping the big man stopped by for a few words.

Who says HE, or his representatives haven't already been here for a long while now, looking for polls, opinions, yada yada and yada.

Right now, currently active 834, 749 'guests' and 85 members................Hmmmmmm, doesn't that look a tad unbalanced?...........Discuss. :eusa_whistle:

"He" is here. Discuss.

Forum List

Back