A surfeit of women in Australia

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
Hey diuretic! You've been keeping this quiet!!

An analysis of new census figures has shown that Australia is suffering from an unprecedented "man drought".

The statistics have revealed that there are almost 100,000 more females than males in Australia.

The problem is worse in the coastal cities, where women have moved seeking better jobs and lifestyles, while many men have gone overseas.

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Australia suffering 'man drought'

What's up? You trying to keep those sheilas all to yourself!! What about us pommy batchelors then.

That's it. My next leave is in Os. :D

That's excellent news! Bit academic for me, I'm married. :eusa_angel:

But as the article says, shortage of sheilas in the rural areas, probably because there's not much work for women there (no-one needs to be offended by that statement, it's about the nature of work in rural Australia not the ability of women to do the work - we have female shearers, back-breaking job it is too).

Sydney and Melbourne would be where you should be looking Bootneck - lots of lassies there and good nightlife in both cities. Brisbane too I think, haven't been there for a while but I'm told it's kicking along nicely.

That's excellent news! Bit academic for me, I'm married. :eusa_angel:

But as the article says, shortage of sheilas in the rural areas, probably because there's not much work for women there (no-one needs to be offended by that statement, it's about the nature of work in rural Australia not the ability of women to do the work - we have female shearers, back-breaking job it is too).

Sydney and Melbourne would be where you should be looking Bootneck - lots of lassies there and good nightlife in both cities. Brisbane too I think, haven't been there for a while but I'm told it's kicking along nicely.

Saw a story a year or two ago about a woman in Australia that put up a billboard in one of the cities looking for a mate. )

The statistics have revealed that there are almost 100,000 more females than males in Australia.

That can be a very misleading statistic because women live longer on average than men do.

A more informing statistic would be comparing the number of woem 18 - 50 to the number of men of the same age.

I'm guessing that at those ages, the imbalance in genders isn't all that significant.

That can be a very misleading statistic because women live longer on average than men do.

A more informing statistic would be comparing the number of woem 18 - 50 to the number of men of the same age.

I'm guessing that at those ages, the imbalance in genders isn't all that significant.

Don't take any notice of this Boot - check out the smh.com.au and theage.com.au - rabbiting on about dating all over the show :lol:

Oh, okay, I see.

OZ like just like the Beach Boy's Surf City:

ten girls for ev-reeeeeeeeeey boooooooooooy!

Don't take any notice of this Boot - check out the smh.com.au and theage.com.au - rabbiting on about dating all over the show :lol:

Yep. They sure are! I'm really warming to this idea. I think I shall definitely spend some time in Australia next year. I'll be due for some extended leave after April. Perhaps some skiing at Perisher Blue. Someone told me today that the ski resorts are crawling with single sheilas during the season.:D

Yep. They sure are! I'm really warming to this idea. I think I shall definitely spend some time in Australia next year. I'll be due for some extended leave after April. Perhaps some skiing at Perisher Blue. Someone told me today that the ski resorts are crawling with single sheilas during the season.:D

Apparently so, snowbunnies everywhere I'm told. :D

Forum List

Back