A sure sign that the world is going to hell

G

Gabriella84

Weekly Reader editor arrested in sex case

Associated Press

FRANKLIN, Mass. — An editor for the publishing company that puts out the venerable Weekly Reader newspaper for schoolchildren was arrested on charges he solicited sex from a minor on the Internet.

Noel Neff, an editor at Stamford, Conn.-based Weekly Reader Corp., was arrested Saturday in a mall parking lot, where authorities said he had arranged to meet and have sex with someone he thought was a 14-year-old boy named Chris.

The "boy" was actually undercover FBI agent David George, authorities said. The two had arranged the meeting following a series of instant message conversations spanning more than two months, according to an affidavit filed by George.

Neff, 46, is charged with crossing state lines to solicit sex from a minor, a federal crime. He appeared in federal court in Boston today and was released on $25,000 bail.

Weekly Reader Corp. publishes magazines and periodicals for students, including Weekly Reader, a newspaper for children in elementary grades. It also publishes Teen Newsweek, Current Events, Current Health and Career World.

Gabriella84 said:
Weekly Reader editor arrested in sex case

Associated Press

FRANKLIN, Mass. — An editor for the publishing company that puts out the venerable Weekly Reader newspaper for schoolchildren was arrested on charges he solicited sex from a minor on the Internet.

Noel Neff, an editor at Stamford, Conn.-based Weekly Reader Corp., was arrested Saturday in a mall parking lot, where authorities said he had arranged to meet and have sex with someone he thought was a 14-year-old boy named Chris.

The "boy" was actually undercover FBI agent David George, authorities said. The two had arranged the meeting following a series of instant message conversations spanning more than two months, according to an affidavit filed by George.

Neff, 46, is charged with crossing state lines to solicit sex from a minor, a federal crime. He appeared in federal court in Boston today and was released on $25,000 bail.

Weekly Reader Corp. publishes magazines and periodicals for students, including Weekly Reader, a newspaper for children in elementary grades. It also publishes Teen Newsweek, Current Events, Current Health and Career World.

crap---Not THE Weekly Reader!!! That's how I learned how to find objects hidden in a picture !!! :rock:

Why is it that everything I loved as a child that wasn't written by a Christian was written by a pedophile. Next thing I know, I'll find out that Roald Dahl was a pedophile.

Oh, and the thing I remember about Weekly Reader was the outlandish predictions. When my mom was is school, they claimed we were heading into an ice age. Now, they're into global warming. They predicted that by the year 2000, we'd have sunglasses eye drops and flying cars (this from the year 1992). They also predicted that we'd have a permanent base on Mars right now and would be attempting to terraform.

Forum List

Back