A summary of the Healthcare Meeting

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
The GOP:

• showed up but leave their principles and the interests of the American people in their cars.
  • Point out to the Democrats that this could have all been done if they had been included at the beginning.
  • Compromise with everything.
  • America loses.

The Democrats:

• Mr. Obama speaks smoothly, looks suave and manages to humm and ahh his way through without actually getting to any point. GOP skewers him and makes him look foolish.
  • Pelosi frightens small children and racoons when the television turns on her while she speaks
  • Democrats whine about not getting any Republican votes even though they didn't need them
  • They agree to go with Mr. Obama's proposal, as was planned before they even sat down.

USMB:

• The left will fawn and clean themselves up and claim that Mr. Obama made the GOP look like idiots. No proof will be offered.
  • The middle: Will whine.
  • The Right: Will continue to complain that the GOP are spineless lemur monkeys, unable to make a rational, solid argument in favor of the American People.

Me:

• I will be sitting back and laughing at it all.

Enjoy the theatrics.

Last edited:
The GOP:

• showed up but left their principles and the interests of the American people in their cars.
  • Pointed out to the Democrats that this could have all been done if they had been included at the beginning.
  • America loses.

The Democrats:

• Mr. Obama speaks smoothly, looks suave and manages to humm and ahh his way through without actually getting to any point. GOP skewers him and makes him look foolish.
  • Pelosi frightens small children and racoons when the television turns on her while she speaks
  • Democrats whine about not getting any Republican votes even though they didn't need them
  • They agree to go with Mr. Obama's proposal, as was planned before they even sat down.

USMB:

• The left will fawn and clean themselves up and claim that Mr. Obama made the GOP look like idiots. No proof will be offered.
  • The Right: Will continue to complain that the GOP are spineless lemur monkeys, unable to make a rational, solid argument in favor of the American People.

Me:

Enjoy the theatrics.

LOL Your so right. I'll be sitting there laughing through this complete waste of time. LOL

dog-and-pony-show.gif

showed up but leave their principles and the interests of the American people in their cars.
This is what all politicians do.
The interests of the American people would be best served if the Federal government got OUT of the healthcare business, including thier Medicare and Medicaid scams.

It is a lot of Obama talking, over long set ups, over long replies, and over long preening with out saying much of anything meaningful.

If it takes too long to get to the point most people won't get the point.
These guys got to the point and it is hard not to agree , If your deductible is to low ,you can afford coverage if it is to high you cant afford treatment, a classic catch 22.
If you get it just right, you will find out you have a preexisting condition which means you cant change policies or jobs .

It would be nice to have those things fixed .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf65cHBg_s8]YouTube - preexsisting[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGAoFebsFG8]YouTube - high deductible[/ame]

May disagree with the details, but I agree: Everything about this was decided before hand. Nothing will actually change.

Obama already called out Cantor for bringing props. Cantor is all ready for some campaigning today with the cameras rolling.

I don't care if they end up in shouting matches, just don't be so dishonest saying you're coming to participate when you really just want yet another obstructionist, teabag Obama down every chance you get type moment.

He's doing well, congress is not.

Obama already called out Cantor for bringing props. Cantor is all ready for some campaigning today with the cameras rolling.

I don't care if they end up in shouting matches, just don't be so dishonest saying you're coming to participate when you really just want yet another obstructionist, teabag Obama down every chance you get type moment.

Do you know what the "prop" was that Cantor brought? Surprise, it was specific parts of the very bill being debated. What Obama calls a "prop" is what they are all supposed to be there talking about.

Rick

The GOP:

• showed up but leave their principles and the interests of the American people in their cars.
  • Point out to the Democrats that this could have all been done if they had been included at the beginning.
  • America loses.
The Democrats:

USMB:

Me:

Me:

• I'm gonna take a nice long shit.

A copy of the actual legislation being debated is a "prop" ?

Come on Sarah .........:lol:

Do you know what the "prop" was that Cantor brought? Surprise, it was specific parts of the very bill being debated. What Obama calls a "prop" is what they are all supposed to be there talking about.

Rick

Nope, Obama was calling him out on a very large stack of paper. He was there to obstruct and trot out his talking points. Granted they are there for 6 hours or so but Obama wasn't even going to talk to Cantor that long.

Who would even want to hear Cantor drone on for any length of time anyway. He is always bringing up the dumbest shit.

Rick

Nope, Obama was calling him out on a very large stack of paper. He was there to obstruct and trot out his talking points. Granted they are there for 6 hours or so but Obama wasn't even going to talk to Cantor that long.

Who would even want to hear Cantor drone on for any length of time anyway. He is always bringing up the dumbest shit.

You do realize that you're stating an opinion, right? You cannot actually know what Cantor was or was not thinking... so, I have no problem with your opinion, it is a tad laughable to start off with the word 'nope'.... Unless you know something that no one else does - and I doubt that very much indeed.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad Cantor took the bill. It's good to see the mindless crap that Democrats think is 'health care reform'.

Rick

Once again, that "very large stack of paper" that Obama was calling a "prop" was the very bill they were there to discuss.

Rick

Once again, that "very large stack of paper" that Obama was calling a "prop" was the very bill they were there to discuss.

Rick

Do you think she cares? To her, like most liberals, the truth is inimical to her worldview.

It's quite clear that she doesn't care, I was just trying to make it clear to the rest that happen to read this thread that just because she believes that the actual bill being brought to the discussion is considered a "prop" by our President, some of us are actually glad the bill made some sort of appearance there today.

Rick

Forum List

Back