A suggestion

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by MacTheKnife, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,197

I don't think you need to worry about that one.

The mods here do anything they want to anybody they want whenever they want and for whatever reason they want.

2. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    because no one will stand up to them

3. MacTheKnife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    You say that like it is a bad thing?

4. beautress

beautress Caring Guardian of the Unborn Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,123
    The mods here close or remove some threads because there are too many on the same topic--I ran across one today that had 5 other threads on the same topic, so it was closed down.

I try to link a few words of mine now, before starting a thread to make sure nobody else has done the same topic. It usually works, but not always. Once I found a topic that was 2 years old, but it got closed because it was long past. lol I had looked for at least 15 minutes for the topic, too. By the time it was closed, I was just too tired to care. So if a thread is dead after 3 weeks or 4, you can start a thread, provided it has a different twist unless it is so talked about the mods decide to freeze the topic to the top 3 spaces so we won't err or have to look very far to see that we haven't replicated. After a good night's sleep, I looked back at the thread, and people who posted did not see the new post, but were answering the original question with such comments as "that's done, why are you bringing the subject back up? lol

The mods are always right. They're experienced, they try to be fair, but sometimes enough is enough, and they'll tell you when that is.

Don't take it personal, that's all I can tell you. We have mods on both aisles, and they're human. Let's give that to them when they don't see things our particular thought process. Also, if you break the rules listed, you might reread the rules from time to time to make sure you know that there are some things that shouldn't be posted on a forum where school children may have access to from school or from home. Be sure your bad stuff is in the badlands and does not violate the parameters of USMB. And if you really screw up, please apologize to the person who had to clean up your error. They work hard keeping the USMB board as pleasant as possible, considering some of the sad and devastating things that come forth on the news and means something to one of us in spite of its harshness. It's best if your topic will improve because you posted it for open discussion on America's best board, bar none.

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,303
    They used to have subforums like you are suggesting but we gotz into trouble cause we were playing doctor in them...

6. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,923
    I think you have a valid idea.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,190
    Agreed. We have the ignore feature if we don't wish to read someone's posts. We shouldn't have the right to prevent others from seeing them by preventing free speech.

8. MacTheKnife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    "The mods are always right" hmmmmmm

Anyhow I would think you are mostly right...however--I do think it would be a good idea to have more transparency and self criticism....plus an ability to appeal a moderators decision.

I have not had much trouble lately....and really I am not here to complain....just trying to make a suggestion to help improve things.

Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me the quality of the posts is going downhill...maybe I am just tired of politics.

I just hate anything that smacks of dictatorial rule...be it a nation or the local PTA.

9. Jitss617

Jitss617 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,872
    Im2 coward arse stopped me from posting in his thread when I hit him with facts..

10. MacTheKnife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    The easiest and best solution would be when you put someone on ignore....you should not be able to read what they post nor should they be able to read what you post...seems like a common sense thing to do.