A Strong Case for Corporate Reform

GM was ready to shutdown. Why didnt we let that happen? They are a corporation I thought.

the saving of the car industry shut down the only chrysler dealership in detroit, owned by republicans. falvy's in new london ct. was a multi generational family business, a very successful dealership, closed by the president of the united states. new londons harbor area was eminent domained, driving families and businesses out so pfizer could have high end condo's for their execs. now pfizer has pulled out to. now it's blighted, looks like the government has done a great job finishing off new london. i suppose the government saved ford too.

dammned rich white people wearing white playing croquet,, the damn nerve.

can't wear white after labor day.... and it's bocci now

what does corporate reform look like?

I don't know. Fair tax code is probably the fastest road to reform, but how it should look is for the politicians and lawyers to decide. My job is to point out how absolutely wrong it is for ANYONE to get away with what the sleazeballs hiding behind the corporate paper called US Sugar Corp have gotten away with.

Seriously. This shit is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that does it. I'm convinced. All corporations are evil, all rich people are evil and as such should be thrown out of the Divided States of America. End of story. Get the pigs out. Let the government take care of us.

Not at all. But they must be regulated to protect the interests of Joe and Jane American. The corporations do just well, and they don't need to have any more than what they have in protection.

two things corporations do. one is they represent free commerce, the other is they pay the country's bills so the fat lazy dimocrats can waste our money. be careful what you wish for. there is no law that says they can move or close down. if the plan to "reform" corporations makes the government smaller, i'm all for it. have you read atlas shrugged ?

No, the taxpayer does, which includes more than 50% of Americans. The corporations do their best to push their just and fair duty off on Joe and Jane Citizen. America is waking up to that fact.

The truth is that MOST corporations are run by men and women who love their families and make a decent living providing a service or good that someone is willing to pay for. The problem starts when We, The People start playing favorites via tax breaks, especially when such favoritism is so obviously purchased via the election process.

Well that does it. I'm convinced. All corporations are evil, all rich people are evil and as such should be thrown out of the Divided States of America. End of story. Get the pigs out. Let the government take care of us.

Please tell me you're kidding. Corporatism and wealth accumulation will have a place in human economics for a long time to come. Otherwise Momma's Little Bastards will never reach for the stars. Evolution requires the variety of ways to organize humans that corporatism offers, and it's a powerful tool. It's proving itself a bitch to drive, but corporatism is a powerful organizational tool.

Just like the reforms of the 30's led to the economies of the 50's & 60's, the reforms of today will lead to a rocking economy in the future - and it looks like we may get through this wave without too much damage to the infrastructure and bloodshed.

Exciting times, eh?

Not at all. But they must be regulated to protect the interests of Joe and Jane American. The corporations do just well, and they don't need to have any more than what they have in protection.

Protect us from what? What interests? Give some examples, ok?

Protect us from what? What interests? Give some examples, ok?

1) Selling tainted meat.

2) Selling toys dipped in lead paint.

3) Producing a fine product at the cost of poisoning the water supply of a small town downstream.

4) Selling shares of stock in a company that doesn't exist.

5) Breaking your kneecaps if you're late on your car payment.

There's more, but I need to pee.

Don't let either corporations or unions donate to political campaigns, period, or let them both donate, but let's not act like one group or the other does not force its shareholders or its union members to contribute to those campaigns.

Forum List

Back