A "storybook marriage" ends in a bizarre chain of events

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Blind Man Trying To Handle Gun, Food Fatally Shoots Wife

Morganton, NC -- A legally blind man fatally shot his wife while trying to balance a plate of fried chicken and a pistol, authorities said.

Kelly Honeycutt of Morganton was holding a .38-caliber pistol he found in a box while he and his wife were moving into a new home Monday night, said Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said. He accidentally shot his wife Norita in the head after she handed her wheelchair-bound husband a plate of chicken, Beall said.

Beall said no charges were filed by investigators, but the case was sent to the county prosecutor's office for a final determination.

Beall said the husband was more than 50% blind, had limited movement and was in advanced stages of multiple sclerosis. His wife was his caretaker.

"They had a storybook marriage," Beall said. "No history of domestic violence, no indication of alcohol abuse. It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun."

http://wfmynews2.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=67433

jimnyc said:
Blind Man Trying To Handle Gun, Food Fatally Shoots Wife

Morganton, NC -- A legally blind man fatally shot his wife while trying to balance a plate of fried chicken and a pistol, authorities said.

Kelly Honeycutt of Morganton was holding a .38-caliber pistol he found in a box while he and his wife were moving into a new home Monday night, said Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said. He accidentally shot his wife Norita in the head after she handed her wheelchair-bound husband a plate of chicken, Beall said.

Beall said no charges were filed by investigators, but the case was sent to the county prosecutor's office for a final determination.

Beall said the husband was more than 50% blind, had limited movement and was in advanced stages of multiple sclerosis. His wife was his caretaker.

"They had a storybook marriage," Beall said. "No history of domestic violence, no indication of alcohol abuse. It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun."

http://wfmynews2.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=67433

Sad, sad story but do I even need to ask?

GotZoom said:
Sad, sad story but do I even need to ask?

I know it's sad but I must admit I had a little bit of a grin while reading this. I think he was faking all the illness and took her out! Damn, all this over some damn chicken.

jimnyc said:
I know it's sad but I must admit I had a little bit of a grin while reading this. I think he was faking all the illness and took her out! Damn, all this over some damn chicken.

Really??:eek:

jimnyc said:

Have you ever had North Carolinan chicken? That's what I thought, keep walkin.

I know this is a mean thing to say, but this sounds like a good candidate for a Darwin Award.

Forum List

Back