..A story within a story --Indiscretion -Trump - Israel - Jack Smith

'Can't do that job' unless one is bombastic?
I demur.
That is nonsense. Leadership does not mandate that only bombastic personalities can lead. Far from it. Bombastic behavior is antithetical to effective quality leadership. IMHO. It signals phoniness, insincerity.
Also, IMHO.....followers who require bombast from an individual in order to admire and be led by that individual are likely insecure and ineffective in most aspects of their lives. They substitute bombast for firm, direct and informed communication.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh, that is a sad misread.
I find Don Trump often entertaining. In sort of a snark-worthy vein. A good example of a bad example.
I've stated on this venue in the past.....we are gonna miss this game-show host when those Big Mac finally catch up with him. Or Jack Smith. Or Fanni Willis.
It is your framing of those who voted for him as “followers”…Quite a nasty jab meant to provoke, or troll…That you shy away from confident leadership speaks volumes.

As for “missing him”, I don’t buy that. People like you will still be gnashing your teeth about him 20 years after he’s gone….It’s the perfect deflection.

That you shy away from confident leadership speaks volumes.

Umm, we differ.
Bombastic behavior rife with mistruths, deflections, blame, shirking -- ain't 'confident leadership' by anyone's standards. It is mere deception.
So the followers, groupies, and sycophants who require that flavor of leadership earn the exploitation that they get.

That is a sad statement, I admit.
But, there ARE acknowledged societal expectations of behavior, decorum, sincerity.....and if a follower ignores them or abjures them, well, sleep in the bed that you made. Live with the consequences of one's poor decisions.

It has been ever thus.

Perspective? Isn't it obvious that the primary perspective of the Washington Post is to get democrats elected? This Trump stuff beats talking about real issues like Biden's apparent criminal negligence and mental disability.

You are terrified Trump will win in 2024 so it's time to make yet another anti-Trump thread.
This Trump stuff beats talking about real issues like Biden's apparent criminal negligence and mental disability.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Terrified' he'll be elected? "beats talking about real issues"
Noper.
Bemused and disappointed in America if he is elected.
My life is good with or without Trump and his groupie cult of Trump's Duped & Snookered.

And, in truth...... it is NOT an anti-Trump thread.
I suggest that labelling it as such signals to the chatroom more about the defensive fanboying for Trump than it does about my motives in posting the thread.

Speaking of which, I offered that thoughtful piece that quoted (as poster Fort Fun rightfully noted).....actual words that the disgraced former president just publicly uttered days ago.

If you got a problem with what the fired president said.....take it up with him or his enablers.

Who you gonna call?
Try his personal lawyers and side-men.....Rudy Giuliani, KrakenPot Powell, Mike Lindell, Stewart Rhodes, Enrique Torres.

Umm, we differ.
Bombastic behavior rife with mistruths, deflections, blame, shirking -- ain't 'confident leadership' by anyone's standards. It is mere deception.
So the followers, groupies, and sycophants who require that flavor of leadership earn the exploitation that they get.

That is a sad statement, I admit.
But, there ARE acknowledged societal expectations of behavior, decorum, sincerity.....and if a follower ignores them or abjures them, well, sleep in the bed that you made. Live with the consequences of one's poor decisions.

It has been ever thus.
“We differ” - No shit Sherlock…As for “Societal expectations” you on the radical left have abandon them long past. “Behavior, decorum, and sincerity” mean nothing to people like you, The only thing that does is the means to an end, and your stated path is “by any means necessary”… So, don’t cry to me son, because when you get what you give, we all know your ilk are pussies.

“Behavior, decorum, and sincerity” mean nothing......

Ummm, for some context of your standards for decorum and behavior: 30,000+ 'mistruths', 'untruths', 'mistatements'.
Or, serial adultery against three wives bearing his children.
Multiple bankruptcies. A court judgement of rape. 90+ criminal indictments.

So, yeah, poster j-mac we do differ.

"Pulling numbers out of your ass...."

Ah, shux, maybe you should settle down, son?
You are trying too hard. Getting histrionic.

Maybe stuff like this will help you re-gain your equilibrium, and some balance: (Google is your friend. Trust me.)

Ah, shux, maybe you should settle down, son?
You are trying too hard. Getting histrionic.

Maybe stuff like this will help you re-gain your equilibrium, and some balance: (Google is your friend. Trust me.)

Spare me your fake counts boy….Biden’s in office, and he lies every time his lips are moving…

"NYTimes…nuff said."

Cool.
Prove they are wrong.
Be an effective responsible adult poster.
You claim it.
You prove it.
Not my rules.
It's the way responsible adults with gravitas contribute to their society.

Chillicothe

Here is good leadership. We would and could never see such an effort from Donald Trump.

"Even so, the current situation — and therefore also the president’s itinerary — requires special finesse. That’s because Biden and his team are trying to do at least four things at once.

First, they want to give succor to Israel in its hour of need. Second, they’re trying to get the hostages held by Hamas out alive — and not just the US citizens among them. Third, they’re working to protect innocent Palestinian lives in the Gaza Strip. Not least, they’re also laboring to keep this war from drawing in other countries and becoming conflated with adjacent conflicts, possibly even kindling a global conflagration.

So far, Biden is sending all the right signals. He’s struck deeply personal notes both in his condolences for the Jewish victims and in his principled and compassionate rejection of any hatred, including that directed at Muslims, in Gaza just as at home.

To deter Iran and its proxies in Lebanon, Syria and elsewhere from piling on Israel, Biden has also dispatched a formidable armada to the waters off the Levant. He’s sent his Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, to hop between regional capitals so frenetically, one wonders how Blinken finds time to nap. The second and third rows of US policymakers are also pounding the pavement — a bipartisan Senate delegation just visited Tel Aviv, and at one point had to shelter against incoming Hamas missiles."

Forum List

Back