A Story of Treason

wade said:
Well, my belief in God makes perfect logical and scientific sense - but in my belief, God is "dead" (for lack of a better word), and will not return to "life" until after we have passed.

Lemme know how that works out for ya !:)

wade said:
As far as I can tell, no major religion makes logical or scientific sense.

Wade.

I know a few scientists who'd disagree with you. :)

wade said:
I agree with this, but I don't see how relgion is necessary to achieve this.

Live by "the golden rule". It's as simple as that.

Once you introduce dogma, you subject it to interpretation, and the next thing you know, people are killing people because they don't believe in the same dogma.

Wade.

Anti religious dogma is just as if not more destructive. 99 times out of one hundred attacks on religion are attacks from leftists seeking to eliminate memes which compete with their state-centric morality.

wade said:

Once you introduce dogma, you subject it to interpretation, and the next thing you know, people are killing people because they don't believe in the same dogma.

Wade.

It is not only religion or religious dogma the leaves things open to interpretation. Political ideology and International Law are two other examples.

wade said:
We should not allow such things to rule our lives.

Wade.

Then tell me, do you plan for your retirement? Do you make plans for the future? When someone tells you that they will do something, do you believe them? Has there ever been one day in your life when you took absolutely nothing for granted? Did you send you kids to school or save for their futures? Have you ever taken out a mortgage or a loan?

If you say yes to any of these questions, then, you operate by faith as well.

If you say you do nothing without it being proven to you, then why do anything? You don't know if you'll live to retirement. You don't know if you'll be alive tomorrow. And no one knows if tomorrow will ever arrive (we could be hit by an asteroid today and be wiped off the face of the Earth).

wade said:
Religion is a shortcut around logic and thought.

Wade.

I say to dismiss religion out right is a shortcut around logic and thought. I dont want to spend time seeking spiritual truth so instead of seeking it out i dissmis all religion as stupid, and proclaim myself logical and thoughtful despite having no reasonable basis to insult religion.

wade said:

Wade.

When asked which was the greatest commandment, Christ replied "Love thy God with thy whole heart and thy whole soul and love thy neighbor as thyself. Upon these two commandments are the Law and the Prophets based...."

wade said:

Wade.

ahhh but understanding the Golden Rule is NOT simple. It is similar to "don't be a hypocrite" (another one of my favorites) but not the same. Religion isn't necessary to exist. It generally gives us guidelines in case someone feels the need for meaning and purpose. Something to trust in a absurd existance.

KarlMarx said:
Then tell me, do you plan for your retirement? Do you make plans for the future? When someone tells you that they will do something, do you believe them? Has there ever been one day in your life when you took absolutely nothing for granted? Did you send you kids to school or save for their futures? Have you ever taken out a mortgage or a loan?

If you say yes to any of these questions, then, you operate by faith as well.

If you say you do nothing without it being proven to you, then why do anything? You don't know if you'll live to retirement. You don't know if you'll be alive tomorrow. And no one knows if tomorrow will ever arrive (we could be hit by an asteroid today and be wiped off the face of the Earth).

That's obserd. You are confusing reasonable expectation with "faith". They are not the same thing at all. Based upon experiance of real world phenomena, we can have expectations about the future. There is no such real world experiance to support religios beliefs. You have to take it on faith that you will go to heavon (or hell) after you die. You cannot look around and see anyone who has actually done so.

Wade.

I say to dismiss religion out right is a shortcut around logic and thought. I dont want to spend time seeking spiritual truth so instead of seeking it out i dissmis all religion as stupid, and proclaim myself logical and thoughtful despite having no reasonable basis to insult religion.

There is no reasonable basis to consider religion on at all. Its just another form of man manipulating man.

Wade.

wade said:
That's obserd. You are confusing reasonable expectation with "faith". They are not the same thing at all. Based upon experiance of real world phenomena, we can have expectations about the future. There is no such real world experiance to support religios beliefs. You have to take it on faith that you will go to heavon (or hell) after you die. You cannot look around and see anyone who has actually done so.

Wade.

So what is a reasonable expectation? Is it reasonable to expect all we see around us to have just appeared out of nothing? Is it reasonable to expect that dumb matter assembled itself into sentient beings such as ourselves complete with DNA (which is billions of atoms long)?

Did you know that according to physicists e.g. Stephen Hawking, if some of the constants that are used to describe the physical properties of matter varied by as little as 1 part in 10 to the 69th power (that is 1 in 100 million trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion ) than their current values that the universe would be nothing but a cloud of particles? Is that what you call a reasonable expectation?

Such things belie an intelligent design, one that is beyond our ability to logically deduce or to understand. That to me is more reasonable than to expect that all these things happened entirely by themselves.

Oh I agree there is intelligence in the design of things. Keeping it simple...

In the beginning there was an infinite amount of nothing. But the very definition of infinite implies "something", and that something was God. And God was alone. And lacking anything else to do, God made the universe. And lacking anything else to make the universe with, he made the universe out of himself. And because everything is made of God-stuff, which is alive and intelligent by definition, it is only natural that life and intelligence would occur in at least one place within the universe, in fact it is the whole point.

So the entire universe is composed of the single particle that is God, manifesting itself repeatedly across our slice of space/time. God cannot intervene in the universe, for to do so would destroy it.

That's my belief. And it fits with every physical law of the universe that we have found. And it explains why God does not intervene in our lives, and allows cruelty and injust to exist. It is the price for the rich experiance of our existance.

It also implies we should treat life with respect, because it is the focal point of God, and it is made from the same single particle as we. When you hurt life, you hurt God.

Wade.

Posted by Lord Haw Haw:

"And never ONCE betrayed his true nation, the white race. In fact, he died for us. That is more than you will ever do, sir. It may be more than I will ever do, if God wills it."

First of all, you have no idea what I will ever do.

Second of all, I am half-Jewish, and not someone you would call "sir." So cut the shit.

Third, if your god with the swastikas on his house calls on you to die, listen to him. I think he's calling you right now.

Fourth, I love that Jews have ruined your life, as you have described so many times. Jews really are the most powerful race on the True God's own earth, aren't they? Amazing what you believe.

walwor said:
First of all, you have no idea what I will ever do.

Thank heaven for that.

Fourth, I love that Jews have ruined your life, as you have described so many times. Jews really are the most powerful race on the True God's own earth, aren't they?

So, Jews have no power? Have you checked a list of the members of Congress recently?

Forum List

Back