A Stoner's Ramblings....

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I hope this is just the first in a number of ramblings that I will post from time to time.

I hope you enjoy. Please comment only positively or it will be 50 lashes for ya! :whip:

Damn, damn, damn…. I just wrote this long stoner rambling and then accidentally deleted it. And I am not even stoned!

Okay, here I go again. I started this thread so I can sound off on various topics from time to time. Today, I would like to dispel the myth that the economy and the corporate scandals are the responsibility of the Bush administration.

First off, since 1989 I have been traveling extensively throughout the world, but primarily Asia. I lived in Korea for some time and even Kuala Lumpur. I have met people of many diverse backgrounds and I have experienced a lot of things that most Americans never will.

Having said that, that does not make me an authority on anything other than running my business. But I do like to sound-off from time to time on subjects that irritate the hell out of me. Well, the economy, corporate scandals and the 1990’s in general are subjects that, when discussed in the media (except from time-to-time on FOX), are so totally distorted it is sickening. They are either distorted, or GOD FORBID, the media is in on the “BIG LIE”.

First off, the 80’s were called the decade of greed. They were called that, of course, because we had a GOP President in office. If there ever was a decade of greed, it was the 90’s (perhaps the 20’s, but I ain’t that old).

Clinton had very little, if anything, to do with the prosperity of the 90’s. His main contribution was the laissez-faire attitude he took towards things. But then again, that same attitude is what shows his lack of leadership.

As I said, Clinton did not contribute much to the prosperity of the 90’s. However, he did contribute a lot to its failing.

His 1998 tax increases (the largest in history), coupled with his allowing corporations to run rampant, are what caused the demise of the economy (can anybody say, “Terry McAuliffe and Global Crossing”?). Actually, the economy started to decline precipitously at the end of 1998 when the Asian currencies plummeted overnight. Did you know it was George Soros that started that decline in Asia? He did it by dumping the Thai Baht onto the markets. He, of course, made a hefty profit.

If one were so inclined, they cold make an argument that perhaps Soros and Clinton were in this together. Let’s examine what happened in 1998.

1. Soros dumps large amounts of various Asian currencies in the market destabilizing the economic condition of the entire region.
2. The IMF moves in and forces countries such as Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, etc. to open their markets to foreign buyers that want to come in and take over businesses in key industries within those nations.
3. By 2000 (conveniently at the end of Clinton’s last possible term in office), the economic malaise hits America.

Now, presume that Clinton knew that Gore could not get elected (I mean c’mon, the guy is a statue). Therefore, what is better for Clinton than to let a GOP President assume a failing economy and a world ripe for explosion. That way, he knows that the GOP candidate cannot get re-elected in 2004 and voila – here comes Hillary.

It may sound far fetched but think about it… Keep an eye out for Hillary. Many, many pundits are predicting that Kerry will have to drop out for some unknown reason and that a democratic caucus will decide who will run for President. That is how it used to be done, in the backroom with a bunch of old cigar chomping elitists making the decisions.

Even if that is not true, think about this… If Bush gets re-elected, the economy will be completely turned around by 2008. Just like in 1992, Americans will be ignorant and they will elect a DEM as they will feel that hey, “the economy is good and we need a change”! God forbid!

Lastly people, don’t forget that the corporate scandals of the 90’s are just that – scandals of the 90’s. They happened under Clinton’s watch; they just were not exposed until Bush.

Thanks!

One company exports wireless products and the other, chemical additives.

We do not manufacture anything, but we broker and we provide consulting. The chemical biz actually owns a patent on a product, but I really don't want to go into it here. I am sure you can appreciate that.

Regards,

FREE

Free,
Sounds like your living the good life, a product I will be selling soon is a "tabacoo pipe" that I invented and will be out in about two to three months.

Forum List

Back