A Stock To Be Glad Not To Own

The NYT's pubisher, I am informed, recently said that they now think of the paper as a way of advertising for their website.

I don't think that business model is going to work out for them, but good luck trying.

The lock that newpapers once had on the public attention is broken and it's never going work again.

The NYT's pubisher, I am informed, recently said that they now think of the paper as a way of advertising for their website.

I don't think that business model is going to work out for them, but good luck trying.

The lock that newpapers once had on the public attention is broken and it's never going work again.

When e-paper comes out, flexible, thin electronic paper that can update itself every minute by downloading the latest news, that'll REALLY help newspapers grow again.

When e-paper comes out, flexible, thin electronic paper that can update itself every minute by downloading the latest news, that'll REALLY help newspapers grow again.

So I've heard from futurists, and have very little doubt that will come true

I plan on reading mine in my flying car when the time comes.

Of course, it is reasonable to ask ourselves if that is really us reading a newspaper called the New York Times, or is it really just us accessing the NYT website?

I cannot imagine that anyone is going to create such a product as that electro-paper that one will have to buy ONLY to access the Times, can you? That "electro-paper" will be able to download everything on the web, don't you think?

So, while I don't think there's an end to journalism, I do think the market niche that newspapers once had is gone, and that the traditional newspaper business model is doomed.

Printing of any type on paper is migrating to an art form, rather than a way to convey mere information.

Newpapers are basically a dying industry as currently structured, thanks to changes in technology.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back