A staunch conservative for Cindy Sheehan

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
He voted for Richard Nixon in 1960. He remains proud of that vote.
He voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964. Proud of that as well.
He voted for Richard Nixon again in 1968 and is especially proud of that.
He again voted for Richard Nixon in 1972 and still brags about it.
He voted for John Ford in 1976 but is not comfortable with that one.
He voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and still thanks GOD for that one.
He voted for RR again in 1984 and agrees with me that the vote was the best we could do at the time.
He voted for GHW Bush in 1988 and continues his admiration for the conservative side of the political equation.
He voted for GHW Bush again in 1992 but admittedly wants national healthcare.
He voted for Pat Buchanan in 1996. He hates international interference.
He voted for junior in 2000 and wondered how such an idiot could possibly be elected President, but WTF, his vote didn't mean anything.
He voted for W again in 2004. He sincerely believes in states and individual rights.

He wonders why Cindy can't get an audience with even low level administration officials as to the true reasons for the WAR IN IRAQ. You see, her son was killed there. She, and he, understands the fallacies of the arguments for the war there in the first place and she, like he, questions the operations and the reasons for so much killing. There must be an underlying reason or reasons as all of the reported reasons for the war in Iraq have been positively proven false.

It's a sad day for him as his grandchildren are being decimated in a useless and uncalled for war (his words, not mine).

Other parents of the mutilated and killed soldiers and veterans will be forthcoming. I can promise you that.

I think the key problem here is that we are uninformed of the true reasons for the war itself.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
He voted for John Ford in 1976 but is not comfortable with that one.
He voted for RR again in 1984 and agrees with me that the vote was the best we could do at the time.
He voted for GHW Bush in 1988 and continues his admiration for the conservative side of the political equation.
He voted for GHW Bush again in 1992 but admittedly wants national healthcare.
He voted for Pat Buchanan in 1996. He hates international interference.
He voted for junior in 2000 and wondered how such an idiot could possibly be elected President, but WTF, his vote didn't mean anything.
He voted for W again in 2004. He sincerely believes in states and individual rights.

He wonders why Cindy can't get an audience with even low level administration officials as to the true reasons for the WAR IN IRAQ. You see, her son was killed there. She, and he, understands the fallacies of the arguments for the war there in the first place and she, like he, questions the operations and the reasons for so much killing. There must be an underlying reason or reasons as all of the reported reasons for the war in Iraq have been positively proven false.

It's a sad day for him as his grandchildren are being decimated in a useless and uncalled for war (his words, not mine).

Other parents of the mutilated and killed soldiers and veterans will be forthcoming. I can promise you that.

I think the key problem here is that we are uninformed of the true reasons for the war itself.

Psychoblues

Speaking of uninformed...

Cindy has met with the President. She has also met with various aids since she started her latest circus.

The real reasons for the war in Iraq have been stated very clearly many, many times. They may not be the reasons some folks want to hear, but they have been publicized.

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that Cindy has an agenda that has nothing to do with her son.

Interesting that you fail to mention who this staunch conservative is...you reference the person as male; is he married? If not I know a nice lib type female who needs some companionship and guidance...though she wont be available (on vacation in Crawford...visiting drainage ditches) until sometime later this year.

Which reasons would those be?

WMDs... That never materialized?

Removing a corrupt dictator... That we left in power for over 10 years, and idly watched as he murdered thousands of Kurds?

Humanitarian causes... While we watched millions die in Africa from genocide?

Which hypocrisy must I subscribe to, so I can justify the war in Iraq?

The only legitimate reason, that I can come up with, is oil.

alien21010 said:
Which reasons would those be?

WMDs... That never materialized?

Removing a corrupt dictator... That we left in power for over 10 years, and idly watched as he murdered thousands of Kurds?

Humanitarian causes... While we watched millions die in Africa from genocide?

Which hypocrisy must I subscribe to, so I can justify the war in Iraq?

The only legitimate reason, that I can come up with, is oil.
Hmmm...how about violation of a cease fire. Notice I am not saying violation of UN resolutions....Seems to me that violation of a cease fire agreement is reason enough by itself to start "firing" again.

The WMD thing has been done to death on this board...obviously there are some on this board who would rather believe something taken out of context that try to understand the whole thing.

Humanitarian cuases...right...and then we would be bemoaning the fact that the US military is engaging in conflicts that have nothing to do with the security interests of the US.

There is a lot of hypocrisy all right....

CSM said:
Hmmm...how about violation of a cease fire. Notice I am not saying violation of UN resolutions....Seems to me that violation of a cease fire agreement is reason enough by itself to start "firing" again.

The WMD thing has been done to death on this board...obviously there are some on this board who would rather believe something taken out of context that try to understand the whole thing.

Humanitarian cuases...right...and then we would be bemoaning the fact that the US military is engaging in conflicts that have nothing to do with the security interests of the US.

There is a lot of hypocrisy all right....

And the reason was...?

alien,

There are, of course, several problems with the post...most glaringly, the fact that this "conservative" doesn't seem to have the facts of the story. He is unaware, or unwilling to admit vital facts of this story...the fact that Cindy has already met with the President...the fact that high-ranking members of his administration and aides have spoken with her since then...the fact that she claims that this is not about her or her son, but rather about the war...unless someone wants to hear her say its about her and her son...then she says that it is about her son. Right there his point should be dismissed as nothing more than an uninformed opinion. He has the right to it, of course...but as far as holding some validity...it doesn't. Cindy Sheehan has the right to her opinion as well...and I have the right to think that she is wrong. Ain't life grand.

LuvRPgrl said:
This "staunch" conservative voted for JOHN FORD???
I guess that is why 'he' was uncomfortable with it! :laugh: I'd rep you if I could!

LuvRPgrl said:
This "staunch" conservative voted for JOHN FORD???........I think the key problem here is that we are uninformed of the true reasons for the war itself.

well he was a good director maybe he wanted him to have the oscar for best director that year..............

Psychoblues said:
He voted for John Ford in 1976 but is not comfortable with that one. (Not very smart is he?)
He voted for GHW Bush again in 1992 but admittedly wants national healthcare. (This is no Reagan Conservative...)
He voted for Pat Buchanan in 1996. (If he is such a Republican, why Buchanan? Dole was running in 1996) He hates international interference.

Psychoblues

Who is this mythical Creature that voted so proudly for John Ford (another mythical creature)?

You login is Pschoblues, is it possible that he is one of the voices in your head?

no1tovote4 said:
Who is this mythical Creature that voted so proudly for John Ford (another mythical creature)?

You login is Pschoblues, is it possible that he is one of the voices in your head?
LOL thanks for covering the rep factor. This post cracked me up!

Thanks for the rep point ,,,,

Luv RP (Republic of the Philippines) grl

Im married to a filipino girl, we are members at a fil-am board, and that was the nic I came up with for that board. I have used it since,,,my other nic used to be havfdead,,,which is how I was when I finally got sober,,,but that leaves open to too many jokes when getting into heated debates.

Forum List

Back