A Statue’s Ideology

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Here’s a very brief chronology of the ideology that is destroying America:

1903: A plaque of The New Colossus installed inside the Statue of Liberty pedestal.

220px-Emma_Lazarus_plaque.jpg

NOTE: The “WE” in The New Colossus is a variation of the royal we. Emma Lazarus was smart enough to put the word in the mouth of a statue rather than say it herself. Today’s dirty little moralists are not quite as clever. Indeed, Democrats like Typhoid Nancy added “give me your sick” to the rest of the garbage found in Lazarus’ sonnet. Naturally, Pelosi’s we in “give me” means give you the sick.

Everything that happened in immigration since 1903 codified The New Colossus ideology incrementally.

1924: President Coolidge abuses the Antiquities Act of 1906 by declaring the Statue of Liberty is a National Monument.

1945: President Truman and WWII refugees.

On 22 December 1945, President Harry S. Truman directed that 40,000 refugees be admitted and charged against national origins quotas, in the future if necessary.

Refugee Policies - Refugees and the cold war

Refugees and the cold war - Refugee Policies

NOTE: A minimum of research will show that Taqiyya the Liar is not the first president to admit aliens on his own authority. One of the worst examples was Bush the Elder doing it with the Haitian Boat people who came here for economic reasons only. (It’s no wonder Bush the Younger and Jeb are open-borders advocates.) It is not stretching it too thin to say that a president’s personal views on immigration is the foundation for the imperial presidency.

1951: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

. . . the newly formed United Nations also played a growing role in settling refugees. Building upon the work of the League of Nations, the United Nations emerged as the most important international agency coping with refugees when it created the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and adopted the Convention on Refugees in 1951. The United States supported the UNHCR financially and eventually accepted the convention's statement as its own. While more than three million refugees settled in the United States from 1945 to 2000, American support of the UNHCR was based on the belief that most refugees wanted to return home when conditions permitted and not necessarily immigrate to the United States.

Refugee Policies - Refugees and the cold war

Refugees and the cold war - Refugee Policies

1965: Senator Ted Kennedy’s Immigration Act turns immigration into an affirmative action program.

1986: President Reagan signs first amnesty bill.

Recently the liberal media has been pushing its pro-amnesty agenda by painting a false picture of Reagan on immigration and amnesty. Reagan saw that illegal immigration was becoming a big problem and wanted to stop it. He was persuaded to allow a relatively small amnesty as a bargaining chip to strengthen border security, and more importantly, workplace enforcement. Reagan wanted to fine employers $3,000 to $10,000 for each illegal immigrant deliberately hired. Congress betrayed him on the enforcement measures and probably the extent and eventual costs of the amnesty. Blindness to likely consequences and costs of social legislation seems to be an inherent characteristic of liberal politicians of both major parties. One of the great shortcomings of progressives is their inability to progress to step 2 or 3 in thinking through the logical consequences of legislation. They have an unshakeable faith in the wisdom of the latest poll of uninformed voters. Reagan should have known better than to trust the happy-clappy liberals and servants of the big dollar lobbyists. He made a big mistake, but he admitted it.

Ronald Reagan was not comfortable with amnesty. He was pro-enforcement, and he admitted to Edwin Meese that the biggest mistake of his presidency was to sign the 1986 amnesty. We should learn from the wisdom Reagan gained by bitter experience. Any amnesty is a slippery slope to national economic and social disaster.

Ronald Reagan’s Biggest Mistake – According to Reagan Himself
by Mike Scruggs

Ronald Reagan?s Biggest Mistake ? According to Reagan Himself | Conservative Heritage Times

1990: The Immigration Act is passed.

2009: Democrats, RINO, and the New World Order crowd begin tearing down America’s borders permanently; setting the stage for the invasion of children.

There's Nothing as Permanent as a Temporary Refugee
By Mark Krikorian August 1999

Here to Stay | Center for Immigration Studies

Media

Before I went to bed last night I happen to surf into Bill O’Reilly advertising one of his idiot polls. He asked “What’s the biggest threat to the United States?”

His three choices:

1. Putin

2. Iran

3. Jihadists

Like all polls the pollster selects the candidates. Had O’Reilly asked me I would have voted for TELEVISION.

What does that have to do with immigration? Answer: Television is most responsible for promoting The New Colossus over the true meaning of the Statue of Liberty. Even worse, it does no good to expose a destructive ideology while television continues to elevate the America-haters who promote that ideology. Aside from the America-haters, the hustlers, and the political opportunists, a significant number of talking heads are true believers. The current invasion by children gives talking heads the opportunity to show how compassionate they are. It’s bad enough when government priests impose their personal morality on the country; it is the height of arrogance when media moralists do it.

It all comes down to the media instilling fear in elected officials —— speak against anything we believe in and your career is over. The joke is that the media is scaring itself in that responsible journalists are afraid to denounce The New Colossus and what it did to this country to date.

Finally, Senators Cruz and Sessions are to be complimented:

Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) vowed Thursday afternoon to fight President Barack Obama’s reported plans to expand amnesty for up to six million more illegal residents by the end of the summer.

The two senators have been among the most vocal Republican opponents of Obama’s deferred deportation policy, which they say has prompted a flood of unaccompanied minors to try crossing into the United States.

The two senators have been among the most vocal Republican opponents of Obama’s deferred deportation policy, which they say has prompted a flood of unaccompanied minors to try crossing into the United States.

Cruz, Sessions sound alarm on Obama’s plan to expand amnesty program
Jul. 24, 2014 4:36pm Pete Kasperowicz

Cruz, Sessions sound alarm on Obama?s plan to expand amnesty program | TheBlaze.com

Unfortunately, the only difference between Taqiyya the Liar and his predecessors is the number of illegals he is inviting in at everybody else’s expense. The presidency itself is the problem.

Concerned senators would serve the country by using their clout to remove The New Colossus from the Statue of Liberty. That would be a good start in knocking the props out from under the philosophy driving the illegal immigration crowd. I believe it is doable because no Democrat contortion can turn that foul plaque into a National Treasure let alone a National Monument. I even have a suggestion for its new home: Right over Typhoid Nancy’s front door.

people should read the history of the Statue of Lberty and the plaque by this emma lazurus .

hey Flanders , I understand the Statue was built and delivered from France and then the political pro immigration message was added at a later date . From what I've heard , read the Statue never had anything to do with immigration of huddled masses .

and as far as where did peoples ancestors come from Old School . Well , its time to stop the immigration and I mean ALL kinds of immigration and let immigrants that are here assimilate to being American . By the way , I have no problems with race and ethnicities , my problem is simply one of human population growth and only because more humans in the USA take up more space and because more laws and rules are made .

hey Flanders , I understand the Statue was built and delivered from France and then the political pro immigration message was added at a later date . From what I've heard , read the Statue never had anything to do with immigration of huddled masses .

To pismoe: I often provide links to my threads rather than go over the topic anew. The link I provided in #3 permalink covered it:

and as far as where did peoples ancestors come from Old School . Well , its time to stop the immigration and I mean ALL kinds of immigration and let immigrants that are here assimilate to being American . By the way , I have no problems with race and ethnicities , my problem is simply one of human population growth and only because more humans in the USA take up more space and because more laws and rules are made .

To pismoe: You seem to be calling for a return to the melting pot. Check this thread for a detailed analysis:

Television is most responsible for promoting The New Colossus over the true meaning of the Statue of Liberty. Even worse, it does no good to expose a destructive ideology while television continues to elevate the America-haters who promote that ideology.

Incidentally, the current assault on the border begs the question: Why are Tea Party conservatives fighting for the Constitution always portrayed as radicals while UN-loving America-haters get favorable coverage on television? William Tucker over at the America Spectator nails three favorites television treats with respect:

Democratic Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi visits shelters housing the thousands of children streaming across the border from Central America and says, “We’re all North Americans” and she’d like to take them all home with her.

Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont thunders that 9-year-old girls are being raped on the streets of Guatemala and that we must take them in to save them.

And Democratic Congressman John Lewis of Georgia is even more generous. He says that there’s no sense in having borders anymore. America belongs to the whole world and we should open our doors to let everyone in.

Instead of Immigration, Let’s Try Colonialism
The Party of Compassion needs to spread its wings.
By William Tucker – 7.25.14

Instead of Immigration, Let?s Try Colonialism | The American Spectator

The only answer that makes sense is that the media is 100 percent behind abolishing America’s sovereignty. I know that press barons have been working for the global government crowd since the early 1950s:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years.”

“It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, Bilderberg meeting 1991

BBC's Disinfo Piece: "Bilderberg mystery: Why do people believe in cabals?"

p.s. When I say media I mean press barons AND THE JOURNALISTS WHO WORK FOR THEM.

Sure , I like the concept of the melting pot where everyone becomes an American as it's just a good idea.

CONTINUED --- with no uniting concept all we become is a nation of tribes and factions !!

I generally agree with George Will, and I enjoy his delivery. I know Will’s background; so I was not stunned that he agreed with Emma Lazarus. Click on the link to view a brief video that includes this:

At that point, Fox News host Chris Wallace interrupted: “You got to know, we’re going to get tons of email saying, ‘This guy doesn’t understand the border. Why should we be dealing with Central America’s problem? We can’t import the problem, they’ve got to deal with it there, and our border has to mean something.’”

“We can handle this problem is what I’m saying,” Will explained. “We’ve handled what [American poet] Emma Lazarus called the ‘wretched refuse of your teeming shore’ a long time ago, and a lot more people than this.”

I was surprised that Mr. Will failed to keep his priest personalty in check. Top journalists rarely slipup that badly; less so if they are billed as conservatives:

What does that have to do with immigration? Answer: Television is most responsible for promoting The New Colossus over the true meaning of the Statue of Liberty. Even worse, it does no good to expose a destructive ideology while television continues to elevate the America-haters who promote that ideology. Aside from the America-haters, the hustlers, and the political opportunists, a significant number of talking heads are true believers. The current invasion by children gives talking heads the opportunity to show how compassionate they are. It’s bad enough when government priests impose their personal morality on the country; it is the height of arrogance when media moralists do it.

John Hayward puts George Will in his place as neat as you please. Mr. Hayward touches lightly on The New Colossus which I believe is the most telling thing George Will invoked to buttress his claim to the moral high ground:

Will compares the current situation to previous waves of immigration rolling through Ellis Island, the “wretched refuse of your teeming shores” – a pertinent reminder that it is possible we’ll be seeing further “refugees” arriving by boat, should we throw our borders open. I hate to sound cynical here, but the simple truth is that America 2014 is not the same country it once was. The machinery of assimilation has been largely disabled, quite deliberately. Employment, the most universally effective instrument of assimilation, is in terrible shape, with little chance of improving any time soon. Telling a wave of alien children to go to school and get a job is not very helpful if there aren’t any jobs for them to get, or if their jobs come at the expense of American children.
Welcome to America, Unaccompanied Alien Children
By: John Hayward
7/28/2014 03:59 PM

Welcome to America, Unaccompanied Alien Children | Human Events

I want to add an observation to this sad truth “. . . America 2014 is not the same country it once was.”

Nor are the motives of the illegal immigrants who come here now the same as the motives of the immigrants who came before the welfare state was established.

The America-haters who tore down the borders know very well there are no jobs, nor will there be jobs in 10 years or 20 years or 50 years for one obvious reason. The global government crowd is close to solidifying equal distribution of poverty worldwide. In short: A universal source of cheap labor.

The fact is: Third World countries will send the worst of their populations to America, while smart countries will protect their borders and their jobs.

Aside from illegal aliens, one other thing is coming through open-borders. The knowledge that the government will not stop illegal aliens at the border, nor will they deport them.

Illegal immigrant demonstrators were protesting outside the White House on Monday – but don’t expect America’s immigration officers to intervene.

Illegal immigrants protest outside White House, with little fear of repercussions
Published July 28, 2014

Illegal immigrants protest outside White House, with little fear of repercussions | Fox News

Concerned senators would serve the country by using their clout to remove The New Colossus from the Statue of Liberty. That would be a good start in knocking the props out from under the philosophy driving the illegal immigration crowd. I believe it is doable because no Democrat contortion can turn that foul plaque into a National Treasure let alone a National Monument. I even have a suggestion for its new home: Right over Typhoid Nancy’s front door.

The Lady is only gagged when she denounces the New Colossus:

2014-12-30.jpg

Forum List

Back