A spry Farrakhan sings Obama's praises

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By SOPHIA TAREEN, Associated Press Writer
23 minutes ago

CHICAGO - In his first major public address since a cancer crisis, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan said Sunday that presidential candidate Barack Obama is the "hope of the entire world" that the U.S. will change for the better.

The 74-year-old Farrakhan, addressing an estimated crowd of 20,000 people at the annual Saviours' Day celebration, never outrightly endorsed Obama but spent most of the nearly two-hour speech praising the Illinois senator.

"This young man is the hope of the entire world that America will change and be made better," he said. "This young man is capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow. If you look at Barack Obama's audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed."

Farrakhan compared Obama to the religion's founder, Fard Muhammad, who also had a white mother and black father.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080225/ap_on_re_us/farrakhan_saviours__day

Okay, so where's that same crowd of liberals who dogpiled Ron Paul for being endorsed by a racist?

Let me know when Obama goes and personally talks to Farrakhan and his group like RP did when he went to cuddle with the white supremacist nutcases....

or like McCain did when he went to Bob Jones U.

Let me know when Obama goes and personally talks to Farrakhan and his group like RP did when he went to cuddle with the white supremacist nutcases....

How'd I know the response would be with caveats as to "why not?"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and IIRC correctly, the conversation centered around who was providing support, period.

There is no presumption of guilt for Republicans and presumption of innocence for Democrats double-standard. It's one or the other.

:rolleyes: ["Barack Obama is the "hope of the entire world" that the U.S. will change for the better"]:rolleyes:

Gee I wonder what that statement actually means in the eyes of Louie the magnificent..........................:eusa_whistle:

Whether or not you admit it, the endorsement of Farrakhan, whether sought or not, is not exactly something any candidate is going to paste at the top of his or her resumé. Farrakhan is a racist of the first order. How would you be reacting if David Duke had come out and endorsed John McCain?

is Bob Jones considered crazy around the country? I was raised right near it and knew a few kids who went there. They were idiots though, so I guess it would make sense cause they preached about BJ like it was the birth place of christ and the professors were jc's disciples.

Farrakhan is one of, if not the most vile, racist persons in the world. To be associated with this is sorrowful. If Obama was half a man he would come out in strong condemnation of Farrakhan. But, he won't because of his ties to Islam. Simple, really.

Whether or not you admit it, the endorsement of Farrakhan, whether sought or not, is not exactly something any candidate is going to paste at the top of his or her resumé. Farrakhan is a racist of the first order. How would you be reacting if David Duke had come out and endorsed John McCain?

Understand something... I HATE Louis Farrakhan. Hate him. Ok? So let's start there...

But did you really think he wouldn't support the black candidate?

How'd I know the response would be with caveats as to "why not?"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and IIRC correctly, the conversation centered around who was providing support, period.

There is no presumption of guilt for Republicans and presumption of innocence for Democrats double-standard. It's one or the other.

My objections with respect to RP and his relationship with the white supremacists was two-fold:

1. RP WENT to speak to a gathering of the white supremacist loonies, thus showing his relationship with them;

2. Any policy that a white supremacist would support would NEVER under any circumstances be good for me, capish? White supremacists hate Jews worse than they hate blacks and latinos;

3. If Obama went to speak to Farrakhan's congregation, damn right I'd be critical of him and the only thing that could make me vote for him after that is the thought of another republican president appointing our justices, but I'd be honest about holding my nose while doing it;

4. I know of no policy that Obama supports that would hurt me, per se. That isn't true of Ron Paul.

But good try attempting to liken the two.

is Bob Jones considered crazy around the country? I was raised right near it and knew a few kids who went there. They were idiots though, so I guess it would make sense cause they preached about BJ like it was the birth place of christ and the professors were jc's disciples.

Yep... it is, at least by the people I know.

And the more than 100 substandard attorneys they've shoved into spots in the white house turns my stomach.

Understand something... I HATE Louis Farrakhan. Hate him. Ok? So let's start there...

But did you really think he wouldn't support the black candidate?

Actually, due to his absence in the recent political season, I had taken him for dead.

In answer to your question, no, I didn't expect to endorse anyone other than Barack. Just as would not expect David Duke to support anyone other than the white candidate.

I would, however, expect a candidate endorsed by a racist to denounce both the endorsement and endorsee in the strongest language possible. To do otherwise is to tacitly approve the endorsement for the sake garnering the votes attached to the organization supporting the candidate in question.

Yep... it is, at least by the people I know.

And the more than 100 substandard attorneys they've shoved into spots in the white house turns my stomach.

Substandard ehh? Umm correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a person have to pass an exam separate from a degree to become a Lawyer? Exactly how did these people become lawyers if they were not taught well enough to pass those bar exams?

Ohh and while we are at it, remind us of how well you know the Constitution. How you have claimed the Government has no checks on its power at all because it can just claim " General Welfare" for any new power it wants to take.

My objections with respect to RP and his relationship with the white supremacists was two-fold:

1. RP WENT to speak to a gathering of the white supremacist loonies, thus showing his relationship with them;

2. Any policy that a white supremacist would support would NEVER under any circumstances be good for me, capish? White supremacists hate Jews worse than they hate blacks and latinos;

3. If Obama went to speak to Farrakhan's congregation, damn right I'd be critical of him and the only thing that could make me vote for him after that is the thought of another republican president appointing our justices, but I'd be honest about holding my nose while doing it;

4. I know of no policy that Obama supports that would hurt me, per se. That isn't true of Ron Paul.

But good try attempting to liken the two.

the rightwing is shooting blanks. They can't stand their own candidate, and are reduced to crying about lapel pins, something Michele obama said, and a crazy black minister. I haven't seen them once try to promote anything their candidate stands for. Must suck to be in a Party that, for three consecutive elections, gave you Bush/Bush/McCain.

I'm pretty happy with our candidate and his issues: Get out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and restore america's image and standing in the world.

Forum List

Back