a song which MAY cause me to SUE somebody

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
wow...

Heartland 'I loved her first'

HOLY GOD help the guy who wrote that song, because if I get my hands on him, He'll get a beat down.

I LOVE that song. I can't listen to that song without tearing up - EVERY time I listen I get chocked up. Every Single Time. As the song plays on the radio, my mind creates the vision of my daughter dancing with her just-married guy, at their wedding. I look across the room, and see them there - while a video behind them flashes photographs and clips of home movies of my Daughter's life with her mom and me. I see in one view my then-grown daughter - MARRIED - and just behind her I see the BEAUTIFUL, precious little girl I have now, and for the past few years.

Reason why I might sue somebody? When I'm in the car, and that song plays over the radio, the tears in my eyes make it hard to see the road. On a couple of occasions I've thought about pulling over, and finishing my cry before continuing.

(sigh).

wow...

Heartland 'I loved her first'

HOLY GOD help the guy who wrote that song, because if I get my hands on him, He'll get a beat down.

I LOVE that song. I can't listen to that song without tearing up - EVERY time I listen I get chocked up. Every Single Time. As the song plays on the radio, my mind creates the vision of my daughter dancing with her just-married guy, at their wedding. I look across the room, and see them there - while a video behind them flashes photographs and clips of home movies of my Daughter's life with her mom and me. I see in one view my then-grown daughter - MARRIED - and just behind her I see the BEAUTIFUL, precious little girl I have now, and for the past few years.

Reason why I might sue somebody? When I'm in the car, and that song plays over the radio, the tears in my eyes make it hard to see the road. On a couple of occasions I've thought about pulling over, and finishing my cry before continuing.

(sigh).

Sissy! :tongue1:

Seriously though? Good song. :thup:

I am not a big fan of country, but that song is pretty good.

"I'm already there" by Lonestar always makes my eyes water. I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, I can't help but think about how much I miss her when I hear that song.

I am not a big fan of country, but that song is pretty good.

"I'm already there" by Lonestar always makes my eyes water. I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, I can't help but think about how much I miss her when I hear that song.

Good call! I had to swallow hard, just seeing the title of that song. :(

And "I loved her first" is beautiful, too.

The first time I heard that particular song, I was in my 1993 Miata Limited Edition. I was driving near the exit for 72nd Street, in Tacoma WA - on Interestate 5. Within minutes I was snot-dripping-crying. That was what I wanted in a marriage - a LOVE...no...a PASSION? Maybe? A CONNECTION that strong. Where across the miles we could FEEL eachother.

:D

The first time I heard that particular song, I was in my 1993 Miata Limited Edition. I was driving near the exit for 72nd Street, in Tacoma WA - on Interestate 5. Within minutes I was snot-dripping-crying. That was what I wanted in a marriage - a LOVE...no...a PASSION? Maybe? A CONNECTION that strong. Where across the miles we could FEEL eachother.

:D

You, sir, have been watching FAR too much Hallmark Channel. :lame2:

:tng:

GOOD LORD

I hadn't heard this song before you mentioned it, when it started playing I thought it was about a guy who was still in love with his ex or something... so I thought, awww, cute song... then once I realized it's about a father and daughter...
sad3.gif

it reminds me of that other song that was popular around the time I was planning my wedding in 1998, Butterfly Kisses... I had to pull over on the way to work after hearing that effin song for the first time...
yahoo-cry.gif

songs like that...SUCK
yahoo-nottalking.gif

sigh.gif

I'm out on my tractor mowing 7 acres and I hear it, I was taken back at a fathers love. And it was sweet and innocent IMO that in our world so much craziness I'd hear this song and I pondered about my daughter and her future.

My parents' song has always been "Faithfully" by Journey. I just dont listen to it anymore. :cry:

I particularly recall hearing it on the radio around the time my dad was leaving for Iraq.

Forum List

Back