A Solid Dose of Stupidity From Cal. Dem. Gov. Brown

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Put these two together and it's just plain stupid.
There's so much wrong with this, it's hard to figure out where to begin. So basically kids starve and the poor don't get medical attention so that Brown can show off his shiny new choochoo. Brilliant.
The other thing that came to my mind was "Where TF is Obama and his green funding?"
I mean think about it. IF he's going to hand out money for alternative stuff, why not put it somewhere we know will actually produce both jobs and product? I'd much rather see money ear-tagged for green stuff, go to this than the Solyndra's of the world.
I mean, I've lived in Europe and have friends who were stationed in Japan. In countries with a strong and FAST rail system (as opposed to ours), everyone uses it. Rich, poor, whatever. Other than maybe BART in the Bay Area and the MET in NoVa / DC, Americans haven't really experienced that.
So as an Independent, I don't have a problem with the rail system as a concept. But I DO have a huge problem with the idiocy displayed by these Democrats, who are willing to bankrupt themseves in order to score a few "Look at me! I'm Green!" political points. Idiots.

California approves funding for high-speed rail line | Fox News

The Golden State Gone Broke: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

The difference between Europe and Japan and the US is size. The line itself is quite short and based on population density can be quite profitable. In the US, the distances are comparatively immense and sparsely populated.

TM fully believes that it make sense to create a job of digging a hole and another to fill the hole in because it does create jobs, both for diggers and fillers.

you really hates job creation huh?

I would prioritize feeding the poor, NOT taking away their health care and even fixing bridges etc... (which would create obs AND save lifes) over a high speed rail system

You wouldn't?

I'm not going say "You really hate the poor, don't you?".
To project such an extreme on you simply because you wrote something which I find a weak counter and evasive of the point made, would be ludicrous.

there will be a shit load of californians employed by this for many years to come

there will be a shit load of californians employed by this for many years to come

That's lovely but you dodge the question so I'll ask again:

Do you prioritize building a train over feeding the poor, medical programs, child welfare, fiunds for the disabled and even fixing the infrastructure?

Yes or no?

California is history being run by a bunch of idiots..

such a shame for the once great state

The same companies that the state already has UNION contracts will be doing the job.... so same people doing the same jobs....just for a longer period of time

That is not new jobs created. That is not giving unemployed people jobs..... its trading favors with the unions.

That's lovely but you dodge the question so I'll ask again:

Do you prioritize building a train over feeding the poor, medical programs, child welfare, fiunds for the disabled and even fixing the infrastructure?

Yes or no?

As with any good hack... she wants it all. She doesn't care where the money comes from or how it will be paid for..... just spend...spend...spend.

In the midst of the debate surrounding high-speed rail, the project remains a top priority to a diverse set of business, labor, civic, transportation and community organizations throughout California. High-speed rail development is an essential component of a forward-looking economic agenda that will immediately bolster California's job outlook and improve our economy in the long-term.

Initial high-speed rail investments in the Central Valley, as well as in the Bay Area, will immediately create thousands of jobs and spur growth in businesses that directly and indirectly support the project. In addition to the 100,000 job-years generated by the Central Valley project, high-speed rail investments in Caltrain electrification will result in almost 9,600 direct construction job-years -- a "job-year" being one job lasting for a year -- at a time when we need them most. [...]

The big obstacle -- and it is a legitimate one -- is the state's economic outlook. How can we undertake a project like this in the current economy? As the country experienced during the Great Depression, real investment in infrastructure helped put people back to work and built a lasting foundation for the economy to grow on. High-speed rail is a tangible project that will spur job growth, improve the lives of millions of Californians and help create a transport infrastructure for the state that supports the 21st century economy.

Starting the high-speed rail project will also generate jobs and material sales, which in turn result in more income and sales tax revenues flowing to the state during construction to improve the near-term budget situation. Delaying or canceling high-speed rail would make the budget situation worse, not better, even without taking into account the cost of alternative transportation like highway and airport expansion -- or the cost of inaction such as increased traffic, lost productivity and the environmental impacts of the current system.​

California can't afford not to build high-speed rail

The difference between Europe and Japan and the US is size. The line itself is quite short and based on population density can be quite profitable. In the US, the distances are comparatively immense and sparsely populated.

TM fully believes that it make sense to create a job of digging a hole and another to fill the hole in because it does create jobs, both for diggers and fillers.

The difference is that the in Japan the trains get this type of ridership and still lose money. That will not happen in the US.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDHi73cWr_M]Can you fit any more people in? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back